Favorite 80's metal band

Discussion in 'Music' started by arnie_play's_guitar, Aug 23, 2005.

1. arnie_play's_guitar

arnie_play's_guitar Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Ok all I want you to do for this I'll start with a band, then you can read why I like them and post your thoughts on them and to keep it going you put a band up too. It's that easy!

I like King's X. This is a power trio band that if you listen to their ealier stuff was way ahead of it's time! They were the first to make an entire album on Drop D tunings (which everyone and their mother is doing now it seems) plus with the album Dogman which came out in 94' it really set the sound of all the 90's to today's metal you hear now. If you don't think so then listen to Dogman, nobody sounded quite like that in 94' not as grunge as Nirvana or anyone back then these guy's still played hard as hell metal riffs.

2. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

Bathory, for inspiring the 90s black metal scene with with primitivity and blasphemy.
    Morbid Angel, for making sure Death Metal wasn't going to stay like boring-ass bands as Obituary and Grave.
    Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Kreator, Slayer, Megadeth and Metallica, for coming up with a few damn good tunes.

3. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

80's Metallica, because it was the first sound of its kind that I'd heard at the time, and it seemed truly dangerous to my teenage ears.

4. Jesus the Jedi

Jesus the Jedi Senior Member

would guns n roses be metal?

5. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

Er, no, not in my book.

6. Lainey

Lainey Member

//\\//\\ETALLIC//=\\ yaaa baby metallica all the way as far as 80's metal goes

7. localhippy

localhippy Senior Member

8. kif

kif Member

Metallica. What more can be said about them that already hasnt been said? I'm a die hard Metallica fan and they brought metal to us and shoved it down our throats. I bow to Metallica!

9. Jesus the Jedi

ok yea, if poison is metal then guns n roses is DEFINATLY metal, they might not be vader or stratavarious or hammerfall or some other crap, but theyre still metal.

and metallica didnt start metal, you can thank iron butterfly, black sabbath, and zepplin for that.

10. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Guns N Roses if you count that (which I really don't)
    and otherwise Metallica

11. localhippy

localhippy Senior Member

you can thank ZEPPELIN for fucking rock-n-roll...yea and metal

12. kif

kif Member

Sorry brother, but those are not metal, more along the lines of classic rock and hard rock if you wanna cred Black Sabbath with that. Metallica and Motorhead started the fast paced, in your face metal. Do a little comparing, compare Iron man and Sweet Leaf to Fight Fire With Fire and Blackened and tell me that they are all metal.

13. timeoutofmind

timeoutofmind So Many Roads...

as far as 80s metal goes i always thought motley crue was a fun, exciting, wild band with some pretty good tunes.

14. timeoutofmind

timeoutofmind So Many Roads...

but i guess motley crue was hair metal, so whatever.

15. Jesus the Jedi

zepplin and iron butterfly were very VERY strong influences in today metal.

think about it like this
    bob marley used to play ska, in the 50s, but now you hear ska and its very fast paced and sounds almost like punk music, would you still say bob marley is ska?

black sabbath started metal, 30 years later the style has very much changed, but that doesnt make black sabbath no longer metal.

16. Wetbikerider

Wetbikerider Member

Metallica was more of a real late 1980s and peak in early 90s. i really dont consider them a 1980 band but they were.

17. Wetbikerider

Wetbikerider Member

Queen kick every alse ass untill poor freddy came down with HIV and David Bowie the rest were 1 or 3 HIT BANDS big fucking deal and a few metal band of worth mentioning .

18. localhippy

localhippy Senior Member

[​IMG]

need i say more?

19. logchopper

logchopper Member

metallica is my fav band of all time, but since someone has already said them i will have to go with........ drumroll please............ W.A.S.P. a pretty big band and a pretty not well known band at the same time... kind of redundant but at the same time true. its hard to explain. they sold out the forum twenty yrs ago, but it seems like no one knows them now. but they were pretty awesome back in the day. even though im only sixteen.

20. Wetbikerider

Wetbikerider Member

by 1980s led zep was history . gone brother matter of fact make that 1977 .