Fats that heal; Fats that kill.

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by Bilby, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Bilby

Bilby Freerangertarian Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I have borrowed from the library the book Fats that heal; fats that kill by Udo Erasmus. I have found it to be a very interesting book. I am not sure I agree with everything he has written but many things ring true. I already knew that most veg oils are not very healthy but I did not know the exact process of extracting and refining. If you want healthy oils and fat to cook with use either ghee or dripping.

Another very interesting section is about the modern health care at least in the west has its roots back in ancient Greece being two schools of thought: Hygeia and Aesculapius. The first is about realigning the body back with nature.It is the root of today's alternative medicine ; the second the root of today's surgery.

2. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

oops, i thought i had already responded to this thread

i really dig udo. liked the book, hope to be able to hear him speak sometime. i'm pretty sure he's canadian, but anyways, he does a talk circuit

i've always liked his version of the food pyramid, think there's something on his website.