*FASLANE**2nd of Feb*

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by PeopleAreStrange, Jan 12, 2005.

1. PeopleAreStrange

PeopleAreStrange Member

I made a thread about this in about November or maybe before, but since ive sorted dates and everything i thought ide get a thread up to let people know that its definately happening...

So far (hopefully) there are four maybe five of us going up for definate (myself, Sunny Afternoon, my friends jay, friend Mike and Ashes friend who ive forgot the name of:confused: ).

We will be getting the megabus (http://www.megabus.com) first from Leeds to Manchester, then from Manchester to Glasgow. This will be happening on Friday 2nd of Febuary as that is when we have time from college (A week and 2 days).

I mailed faslane a few months back to let them know and they are fine with it and they need plenty of people to be going up as with it being winter now a lot of people stay up there, and they need the numbers.

Would it be possible for any more people other than the possible five of us (and possibly Emma and Jamie) to make it up there for that week? I think it would be great if we got plenty of people to come up, if not plenty, then at least a few more people...just to take supplies up and help out basically.

Thank you & Peace xx

2. Jaz Delorean

Jaz Delorean Senior Member

ooh das me birfday... :p
    i'd love to come but uni beckons around then... :( maybe next time
    Jaz

3. rainbow dew

rainbow dew Member

oh oh oh!!!! are you guys planning on dropping by good ol edinburger on the way there or back?! i have my launch night on the 27th to raise omey for the tsunami crisis, if any of you could make that it would be so wonderful?!

anyone?!
    naomi
    x x x

4. Xiola

Xiola One Lonely Seagull

My half-term doesn't start until the 12th, and so if you are going up on the 2nd I shall have to give it a miss. :&

5. kier

kier I R Baboon

same here :) i'm gonna be HAMMERED

6. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

ack i really want to go back, ive missed that place. Unfortunatly if i want to travel in canada i've got to watch my funds (and time off uni as im planning on taking 3 weeks off for canada) :( sorry.

7. dibblydowcus

dibblydowcus Member

I hope you haven't forgotten your agreement to look over Giles and my Tee Pee. I'd be very appreciative if you'd let us know how it's holding up. It needed alot of work, really we left it half done. (The bottom half!!!!)
    There's a very well organised By-Pass camp just out the south of Edinburgh called Billstone Glen. Kev and I are helping Giles to build a 2 bedroomed tree house, with study room, lounge come drawing room, with refectory area commanding a camp vista and over hanging the burn. A vision to be seen. It even has double glazing......that's the honest truth. Once we have the stove in place, it'll make a fine gentleman's retreat. In the grounds one will find a death-slide from the porch to the open air spa.
    I don't think I'd be too out of place by extending an invitation to visit on behalf of the firm of construtors and of course the main tenant.

8. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

I shall have to book a room in your treehouse over easter methinks....

9. PeopleAreStrange

PeopleAreStrange Member

Ah damn..is there anyway that Jamie can meet us all in glasgow because theres quite a few of my friends coming from college and ive never been before, i dont want to get lost or anythin (you said something about the directions on the faslane website being wrong or something, something about a non-existent bus stop)

10. PeopleAreStrange

PeopleAreStrange Member

If you tell me exactly what needs doing and what ill need ill get a few of us onto it, ill definately sort it out.

Peace x

11. Xiola

Xiola One Lonely Seagull

Yeah, the bus stop wasn't there! Well it was but the bus I needed wasn't going from there. :p If I was you I would get the train. I'm sure Jamie would meet you, I'll ask him and then let you know and PM you his number:)

12. Sunny Afternoon

Sunny Afternoon Member

You've got the dates mixed up, Daron. lol. 2nd is a Wednesday and we have college on the Thursday, so it'll have to be the 4th.

And my friend is Hannah. lol. She wanted to go but she can't because she's in Florida then. :/ Is Leanne going?

13. PeopleAreStrange

PeopleAreStrange Member

Ah well...actually i was right i just put the leaving date as the date we brake up...we were gonna be going on the friday after college anyway:p see? never trust a hippy:p

I was talking to Leanne about it and I think she seemed pretty up for it so....Just have a word with her about coming, tell her that if no-one your mum knows is goin then you cant go...which is the truth so it aint a sort of nasty guilt trip:p

14. PeopleAreStrange

PeopleAreStrange Member

OK thats cool, if jamie is alrite to meet us then let me know where he wants to meet us, although ime pretty sure the megabus will go to Glasgows bus station as its a bus 'n' all:p

oh yeah another thing, ime having problems with megabus's site...when i pick the starting point as Leeds it dont mention anything about going straight to Manchester...it only goes to London, Newcastle and a place called Scotch Corner or something lol...

any help would be great:) and thanks for soritng something with Jamie out:)

15. Mercy

Mercy Member

I really wanted to go up this half term, but my operation is on the 7th, so I reckon I'll be recovering for the majority of the week, so it'll have to be another time. Easter would be great....might go up and visit Giles if possible, i'll have to give him a bell.
    Darren, is megabus the cheapest way to get there from Leeds? Just seems such a long way to go if you're going through manchester too.
    Rosie

16. Maon

Maon Member

come see me mercy :D

.. ps operation?? .. *wears worried look*

17. PeopleAreStrange

PeopleAreStrange Member

Well now it seems as though we are gonna just get an ordinary bus from Wakefield straight to glasgow because the megabus dont go to Manchester from Leeds ive found out. It would be a lot easier too so we dont have to fart about with different busses etc

18. Maon

Maon Member

lol ... its amazing what people can do isnt it .. :D

19. dibblydowcus

dibblydowcus Member

peace-phoenix, there's plenty of room, it's just had it's roof put on. work has stopped for the mo'. Not least due to 'mushrooming' other concerns.