Family Jewels

Discussion in 'All in the Family' started by 6-eyed shaman, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Irrelevant and uncalled for as it was hypothetical in the first place :D

I just focus on the 'wise' part from now on!

Driftrue likes this.
  2. Asmodean

Ok, I did got a second thought and wanna ask now: did you found that Davey Graham cover of Don't think twice its alright, and do you think it rivals the original?

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

tumbling.dice and Driftrue like this.
  4. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

You did got a second thought, does you?

I'm sorry, I forgot. I'll be home in 40 minutes and I promise that listening to it might be the second thing I do.

Asmodean likes this.
  5. Asmodean

I always have second thoughts :-D

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Key words...

Driftrue likes this.
  7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I had to look this up because this is one of my all time favorite songs.

The guitar work is better in Davey Graham's song but I think Bob Dylan emotes more passion in the singing which is important to me (his singing isnt the greatest of course but he has a certain je ne sais quoi in a lot of his songs nevertheless)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  8. Asmodean

Check out Leaving blues too, both of you!

Apologies to 6-eyed and Ty: really wasn't planning on expanding more on this guy (but he's brilliant and hardly anyone knows him) because of the thread direction! I thought one post was bearable

I know right! Happens a lot in folk and folk rock :)

9. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

^ what Mel said.

As for thread topic, currently everyday I wear a glass pendant with a mushroom shape in it. I only ever wear jewelery (btw American spelling of this I hate but my phone is apparently American and I can't be bothered to correct the corrections) with sentimental value, like I'd never buy myself jewelery. I'll tend to wear something non stop for years then stop/change it

10. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

If I marry my new girlfriend, part of me hopes she has similar attitudes toward wedding rings as you two. So far I haven’t talked to her about her opinions on rings.

11. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Stoved is definitely a regional term. I had to go to Urban Dictionary to know what you were talking about. Lol

Cool gold chain btw

12. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

"She got an egyptian ring that sparkles before she speaks " I fucking love that line ! That's genius right there

Driftrue and YouFreeMe like this.
  13. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Maybe you played with one similar when you were a kid, but forgot. Or it just had some meaning to her.

Anyway, maybe it's better to see it as a genuine last gesture of love. It's better to risk over estimating someone in this kind of situation than to risk under estimating them

Driftrue likes this.
  14. Oh, my mother adored me. My dad was loose with money. He'd go gambling and stuff, and never hung on to any of it. So, mom and dad didn't have much to leave me. We didn't have many things at all in the house. Lord only knows where he was spending all of the money. My mom had to work a job, too. It was his money, though, nobody else's. On more than one occasion he lectured me on how much money I'd cost him just by existing.

That toy car was sitting in my mom's trunk since as far back as I can remember, and I always knew it was mine when she died, but I just have no idea why that car. It doesn't mean much to me. It actually feels kind of bad to associate it with her, so I'm kind of glad it's gone. I want my afghan back, though.

15. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

You are all off topic. Please stay on topic. :neutral:

16. My mom always wanted me to have an onyx ring, for some reason, even though I'm totally not a jewelry person. Maybe I'll go buy one and remember her that way.

newbie-one likes this.
  17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

all i know is i'm definitely not going to hypothetically propose to driftrue. i can't take the hypothetical rejection.

Asmodean likes this.
  18. If you haven't noticed, I've been putting the moves on Driftrue, so hands off. I got dibs.

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well i can't go against dibs, she's all yours.

20. Watch and learn, gentlemen.