Family friendly vs Adult only nudist campground resorts

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by Panama Jack, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

As the OP. Thank you all for responding. My wife and I would rather go to adult only resorts. We don’t swing/swap or have sex in front of others. But, we do touchy/feely with others. I do understand that other cultures and parts of the world are OK with children co mingling with adults, but as a man I feel uncomfortable walking around naked in front of children. I know it’s just me. Again, I have no problem with families raising their children as nudist.

bananaman321 likes this.
  2. Correct, the USA does have a drinking law you have to be 21 to buy beer or drink it. Adults clubs should be 21 and up.

3. nudony

nudony Member

I raised my daughter as a nudist, so family-oriented was the natural choice for me so my daughter could mingle and play with other nudist children. It wouldn't be uncommon for my daughter to bring her friends by us and vice-versa; so I got quite used to being around nudist children. My wife would sometimes participate in children's activities, so it was not uncommon for her either to be surrounded by a bunch of nudist kids.

As a result I have no problem interacting with kids at the resort. By interacting I simply mean tossing a ball around if they ask or simply chatting. Most nudist kids have seen plenty of naked people so I don't feel any weirdness about it. Plus I guess as a once-nudist Dad it just feels natural to me.

4. Very Fast Car

Very Fast Car Members

We are all people, whether young or old. I have visited my local nudist club - my partner and I have both have one child each - and we won't be going back. They clearly don't encourage or appear to welcome families. That's fair enough, but turn the clock forward 10 or 20 years and nudism will die out if youngsters are not encouraged to participate.

Nakednudist and Joshua Van like this.
  5. Panama Jack

As a follow up. I do agree with you that nudist/naturalist(family) resorts need the family participation. Here in the states they are struggling to keep membership. Some resorts are closing or up for sale.

Joshua Van and Very Fast Car like this.
  6. Very Fast Car

Very Fast Car Members

I believe some here in the UK are struggling as well. Mind you, who isn't struggling in these strange Covid-19 times?

We do know of a family friendly nudist club, but it's too far away from us unfortunately for us to join.

Joshua Van likes this.
  7. CyclingNaturally

CyclingNaturally Members

All of our nudist clubs here aimed at a safe, family-friendly atmosphere have dried up and merged into one group. They talk about how family friend and welcoming they are, but they do NOT feel welcoming at all, and membership is nearly impossible if you don't already know someone "in the club." As an outsider, it's impossible to join. The only one left around where we live has a rule that moms/wives MUST be with at ALL times. I can't take the kids on my own, and I can't go on my own. My wife feels badly because she has no interest in going, even though she knows the kids and I would love it and it's a great idea for us. Blah. So, it's just back to living the lives of "secret nudist". Well, secret except when the kids blab to their friends, hahahaha.

Very Fast Car and Joshua Van like this.
  8. Joshua Van

Joshua Van JoshuaMN

It is so annoying that nudist/naturist groups who claim to be about freedom and being body positive. Are anything but when it comes to men. I have heard way to often of the no single men, no entry with out wife/ girlfriend with you. If you cock gets hard go away. and more. Because we have allowed the world to paint males as deviants. and females as angels when in truth no side is any better or worse. Then i hear all the time about how nudist groups are going away. To me that seems to be because the old farts don't want to let in new younger people. Cant have kids here well there goes them as future members. also their parents as if they cant bring their kids they are not going.
    They cant handle any kind of sexual arouse well this excludes most young people again as we all know the young are far more easily aroused. also some men speaking from experiences spend as much time hard as we do soft so you aren't going to be allowed.
    then there is the huge number of single parents these days both men and women so all those single dads aren't getting in so by exstention their kids wont be introduced to the freestyle.
    then there is the cognitive dissonance of the line nudist / naturist love to say constantly in some form or another "the naked body isn't about sex" while it isnt always about sex to word it that way is a lie clothes on or off it is always going to be seen as a sex object because we are sex objects. thats how the nearly 8 billion people got here

9. Scarecrow13

Scarecrow13 Members

I have only been to family resorts. Sex in public is not allowed but there is still a fair amount of affection at times. I think it's good to have a place where you can bring your kids and have them be comfortable without clothes.

Very Fast Car, nudony and Joshua Van like this.
  10. CyclingNaturally

CyclingNaturally Members

Ya, I know places exist, but not any more where I live. Big bummer. Time to move. :D

11. The Shark

The Shark Members

Since it's just my wife and myself going to nudist venues, we prefer the adults-only places. We're going to relax and get away from our kids for a day, so we're not interested in being around other peoples' kids.
    If we ever decide to introduce our kids to nudism, then by all means we would go to the family friendly places - but otherwise we prefer not to have that aspect when it's just the two of us.

12. Panama Jack

This is a very good analogy of the subject.

Joshua Van likes this.
  13. Panama Jack

Since I am the OP, My wife and I have visited both family friendly and adult only. We are are now members of a adult only. We still keep our association membership with family friendly, primarily because we travel and like options.

We have found the family friendly places are a older( Very clickish) group with very tight restrictive rules. It was obvious, that it’s “their” place that happens to allow children. “All member eyes are on you”at all times. One place was so restrictive that you could not touch or show affection to your spouse in the pool. I was also called out to remove a small glans ring. That made no sense, because the rule was no staring at nude people. With rules like that, these places will continue to lose business.
    Mutual respect and common sense should be the rule, and a high level of safety for all.
    It will adult only for us for the foreseeable future.

14. Joshua Van

Joshua Van JoshuaMN

I think it is a sign of mass human phycological delusion that we are so afraid of a naked human no mater what sex how arouse or at what age. It makes absolutely no sense to me how society can be so afraid of our own skin.

15. nudony

nudony Member

I went to my first "couples only" venue this summer with my wife. It was actually her idea because she wanted a quiet "getaway" for the week end.
    Well...it was certainly "different." This was the first nudist venue I've been to where erections were openly seen.

The only "rule" there was basically: "public displays of sexuality and improper advances are strictly prohibited." The "rule" obviously didn't include erections. Swinging was verboten so I wasn't too concerned about inappropriate advances.
    All in all, we did have a lot of fun there. The biggest perk for me was that pictures were allowed. At a "regular" nudist resort, if they do even allow photography at all, you have to not only get special authorization from management; but the photo session often has to be supervised. At the "couples-only" venue, we were given free reign to take pics (with other guests only with their verbal authorization); so my wife and I were able to do our first nudist photoshoot. We had a blast posing naked all over the venue.

As far as the other couples; we socialized the same as we would at any nudist venue. Things got a little bit more "interesting" when the day turned into night; as the alcohol started flowing. When people drink they tend to forget about "personal space" and Covid19; so as we played pool and other games, there was probably more "bumping into each other" and physical contact than what you might find at a "regular" resort. But it was all in good fun, no one got offended (even when the erection - not mine - popped out) and things never turned sexual.

As to which one is "better" ("adult only" or "family friendly"); well that depends on the person. There are people who are not going to be comfortable with the more "libertine" aspects of the "couples-only" resort. I personally see value in both. It's nice to sometimes be able to be a "little more free." But it's also nice to go a family-oriented resort that has a broader spectrum of people and amenities.

16. Panama Jack

Since I am the OP, Nudony wrote a good piece. Adults want to have fun too, without being collared with rigid rules. However, I do understand naturalist families that raise their children to be comfortable with nudity. A level of safety and security should be in place to protect the children.
    As I said, It will be adult only for us in the future. As far as the COVID distancing in a pool. Most pools are what I call conversation pools. People are up to their necks in chlorine.
    This is a great conversation.

17. Panama Jack

Nudony, PM me here.

18. Lou2203

Lou2203 Members

I have been to a private resort where i was told to not have full on sex but otherwise anything is ok. So as a single i kept to myself and soon saw a lot of naughty stuff around.
    Must say there were more families with kids than couples or singles.
    I saw a few ladies showing off while kids strolled by and it didnt bother them.
    I myself like to show a bit and as i have genital jewelry loved everyone looking at me.
    Had a few kids stare but they soon lost interest.
    Made some new friends and their kids all seem ok with seeing some form of naughtyness.

I fidnt see anyone having sex more just showing off

19. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

If you are a single male nudist at a family resort. You tend to be watched more closely then others. But I do not care for adult only resorts. So I will most likely visit family resorts over adult only resorts.

bill697cu likes this.
  20. ConiferLovingCouple

ConiferLovingCouple Members

Your experience at the family resort is similar to ours. Our children have grown up in a nudist household and at nudist camp grounds, ranches, etc. some were very strict, so we did not go back. At the more open places we’ve never seen sexual activity out in the open, but it’s not uncommon to see men with erections as they apply sunscreen to their wives, or some sensual washing of each other at the public showers. Our kids (in their early teens now) have never batted an eye at such public behavior at the showers, when a man has an erection, or even if a woman is sitting spread with her pussy exposed.

bill697cu likes this.