Family & Childhood

Discussion in 'All in the Family' started by YouFreeMe, Dec 27, 2018.

1. :tearsofjoy:

2. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Lol. I made that up.

3. Oh I figured.

4. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

I'm blessed with the family i have. My parents are pretty down to earth and are hard working people. We grew up poor and ended up in a middle class neighborhood. I still remain close to my family despite the major differences between us.

Had a happy childhood. Miserable teenage and early adult years. And the past ten years have been amazing. :) As will the next.....

Driftrue likes this.
  5. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Good attitude!

Total Darkness likes this.
  6. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Driftrue likes this.
  7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Yeah, my grandparents moved up to Currumbin when I was about 8 or so, after that we'd go up for holidays every summer. Currumbin Creek more the size of a river, 100m north, of their house, wraps around a headland and a beach about 1 km east. Long sand bars in low tide at the mouth of the creek.

Was magical, wouldnt have mattered what my parents did or didnt do, or anyone else. Holidays in Currumbin still would have been my favourite memories as a kid.

And just for you kniw, swimming, mucking around in the sand, walking out the sand bars with yabbie pumps ( pumps that suck prawn like creatures out of the sand) etc etc

8. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I just looked up Currumbin--holy beautiful. Your grandparents must have loved it.

Where I grew up in New England, the beaches look very different. Many a summer day, my mother used to haul all of us kids (6 of us) into the car and we would drive to the beach and sit there all day, from dawn until dusk. The hours would just fly by. Catching little sea critters in the tidal pools, building sand castles, digging holes, fishing for crabs, etc. Kids can turn pretty much anything into magic.

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.