false nails

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by Climbing Arms of Ivy, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Climbing Arms of Ivy

Climbing Arms of Ivy Senior Member

Does anyone here have false nails, they are really fun?

2. HempMama

HempMama Member

I can't stand fake nails. They feel so heavy and unnatural. The can also do mega damage to your natural nail. Not fun at all.

3. lovelyxmalia

lovelyxmalia Banana Hammock Lifetime Supporter

I had the acrylic ones for a while. I ended up taking them off myself.

My real nails were really brittle and damaged underneath, but have developed this insane strength, now. They were never like that before the acrylics.

But yeah, fake nails are bad.

4. HempMama

HempMama Member

Yeah, mine got super strong once they got over the acrylics.

5. Katie89

Katie89 Senior Member

I have gels because they are stronger and have more shine than acrylics, and i need durability. I love them. I get them short, "athletic length" they call it. And i love them because your nails always look nice in the morning and it just looks clean with no effort.
    oh and GUYS love them.

6. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Interesting, I've witnessed a completely different reaction from males. Or maybe it is just that I don't normally associate with the type of guys who like fake nails... Regardless, though I've seen them done well, I find the overall idea almost abhorrent. I much prefer a nice set of clean, natural nails.

7. HempMama

HempMama Member

My husband doesn't like fake nails. I guess it's just because he knows how nasty they can get your real nails. Either way, I try to avoid most stuff that guys just LOVE.

8. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

I had acrylic nails for a month! I LOVE how they look, just beautiful, but decided I don't want to spend $25 every 2 weeks to get them filled. Other than that they were gorgeous (I have to agree guys really like them). Fucked up my typing skills a bit but not a big deal.
    I'd say it's worth it if you have the money!

9. Box Of Rain

Box Of Rain Member

eh i cant stand fake nails.
    the only time ive ever worn them was playing the acoustic guitar on one hand.
    it was easier than using a pick.
    ahahaha

10. katyismename

katyismename Member

i like the ones with pretty designs but i've never had them.

11. madlizard

madlizard Senior Member

Never had them but my friend has had them before and everyone used to BEG her to scratch their back and neck with them. Ahhh, tingles.

But, yeah, they're pretty but they look uncomfortable. Too much of a hassle for me, I'm too lazy.

12. sarahrei

sarahrei ~Lover~

I always have gels. I personally like them, the guys like them too.

13. TurquoiseRose

TurquoiseRose Member

They look itchy... I would hate that though. Like having plastic glued to you.

14. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

i HATE fake nails...and they are really really really bad for your cuticals

15. EarthChildOfPeace

EarthChildOfPeace Member

I had fake nails about 2 years ago and loved them, but when I tool them off my nails were so weak and bendy, snapping off all the time. They are still really weak and thin, so I was thinking of putting fake nails on again but my boyfriend really likes everything natural and says that he'd prefer me without bits of plastic glued to my hands. Oh well, I suppose he is right, nails are only nails.

16. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

I would suggest, if you ever go for fake nails, have them removed professionally when they start to grow out. It wont hurt an ounce, and they can give you a fab manicure afterwards if you like. SO relaxing. You can literally feel your nails start to breathe again after they take the plastic off. I am constantly fighting with myself on not getting fake nails, because when they are just done, they look FANTASTIC. But It is so damaging, and possibly unhygienic. And manicures make my world slip away into dreamyness.

17. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

You can find a clear nail strengthening polish, diamond nail strength or something.

18. stazzy04

stazzy04 Member

I had acrylics for about 2 months. I loved them, but it got expensive to get them filled. And I don't know what was wrong with the girl that I went to, but my last time I went to had them all filled, they kept breaking on me. I wasn't even doing anything strenuous. Anyways, when I had them taken off, they were horrible damaged. I just buffed them every couple days to get the flaky pieces off and kept them trimmed super short. Even though they aren't grown out completely yet, they're finally starting to get healthy again. However, when my friend got hers off, she had waited so long that hers just popped off and her nails weren't damaged. I think its the process of getting them removed and not the nails themselves that causes the damage.

19. Bad.Fish

Bad.Fish Sex wee pon de babylon

Fuck, I thought it was back for a minute there...

20. beautifulwarrior

beautifulwarrior Member

I tend to get them when I'm going through stressful times because I'm a nail biter