falling out

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by KarissaIsStoned, May 27, 2007.

1. KarissaIsStoned

KarissaIsStoned Member

so I was going to wash them for the first time tomorrow but tonight I was feeling around up there and noticed a few of them have totally fallen out...I think I might just wash anyway and then redo the ones that fell out, maybe they weren't in that well to begin with.
    Anway, just wondering if anyone else had experiences like this because it kind of bummed me out, and now I'm in a bad mood and it is pissing my friends off
    :[

2. Caelynn

Caelynn Yellow Butterfly

backcombed dreads tend to fall out a bit... nothing to worry about... if you feel you need to, backcomb them again, or you could just leave them and let them attempt to knot up on there own. either way, good luck :)

3. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

mine almost came out completely after the first wash. they are doing great now. they will be a month old this tuesday. i'll post pics soon. good luck

4. Slang

Slang Banned

Mine would come undone alot too it seemed. You don't gotta worry about it, you'll just stress yourself out like I did lol
    They'll do as they please and I found it's just best to let them do their thing

5. knotdirty

knotdirty Over the Rainbow

That's what they do. Backcombed dreads have to fall out a little, if not completely, to tighten up. They just want to reorganize themselves a little...let it happen.

6. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

^ye, these people are right. backcombed dreads have to fall out before they get tight. get ready for loops, too.

7. KarissaIsStoned

KarissaIsStoned Member

Alright, thank you everyone! I guess I'll just redo the ones that are totally gone and let the others be... :]