Facts and Truth

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Total Darkness, May 12, 2019.

1. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

LSD may be useful for learning until it isn't .

2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

In my case, the only thing it has ever had to teach me is a little of the fundamental symmetry of nature, my brain is just different.

3. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Anything special about that ? Are your hands identical ?

4. wooleeheron

I was severely brain damaged at three years old but, please, ask me any other sarcastic questions you have.

5. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Why are you adept with writing words ? I am not sarcastic . Perhaps you have a reading
    problem , and what's special about that ? It's blown-up many a forum . I have talent for reading
    comprehension . It's just useful , and a logical philosophy of minimal assumptions helps .

Po' woolee

Running Horse likes this.
  6. wooleeheron

I spent four hours once a month starting at 14 just skimming technical manuals in the largest libraries around before computers were invented. My assumption was that I was brain damaged and had almost died during puberty and nobody had a fucking clue what to do and they were all fucking idiots who constantly contradicted themselves and babbled bullshit about crap they knew nothing about. Anywho, all I had to do was look for what's missing from this picture, on the assumption none of the idiots knew a damned thing about what they were talking about. Unfortunately, its easier said than done, and required decades of studying the Tao Te Ching, contextual philosophy, linguistic analysis, modern physics, neurology, and some sociology in order for me to make sense out of language, much less all the idiots babbling.

Unlike you, my words tell me what they mean and I don't ever try to tell words what to say. Its all just math to me and I can tell a lot about a person simply by glancing at the shapes of the paragraphs they write. I am sort of a biological computer, and spent most of my life programming my damaged brain to function better for me, but the way I did is anathema in my culture where systems logics are taboo. Even today, most people give up trying to comprehend me after a few sentences, unless they are stubborn. Physicists, philosophers, politicians, religious leaders, businessmen, solders, its all the same to me and none can comprehend me anymore. Even the Taoist masters go cross-eyed when I tell them what I am doing, despite my using plain English and even commonly used phrases whenever possible.

They cannot see what I do, because mother nature will not permit it. The turning point is approaching and then all hell will break loose, so just be prepared to duck and go cross-eyed for the next few decades.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  7. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

I love the fact of mother babble .

8. wooleeheron

She is the singularity, and I have just figured out today how to establish the four root metaphors and supersymmetry to describe the recursion. Its always the simple shit that gets you.

9. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Hoo-hoo to your epiphany .

10. wooleeheron

To me its not an epiphany, just more work, but the crucial piece I required to begin to develop the rest of the analog logic which has to express particle-wave duality in everything. The way this book is written would drive a normal person insane, and requires decades of study to master, but its always my words telling me what they mean. I really don't have to know anything except how to assemble the words, like shuffling cards, but every way imaginable. This time, it required a couple of days of listening to music videos, another time it required my writing and editing lines of poetry for over 8 months without a clue as to what any of it meant. I just do whatever it takes, and am about as stubborn about it as it is humanly possible to be.

11. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

We only want to eat your free peaches .

12. wooleeheron

Millions of peaches, peaches for free, millions of peaches, peaches for me!

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

if no one ever threw pearls before swine,
    how would they ever cross the swamp?

14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Truths can also be based on facts. But yes, also on perception.
    This is why there can be multiple (and differing) truths derived from one fact.

15. Asmodean

It depends on the details. It can be the same, but often isn't quite because our subjective perception interfered when forming the truth (even when directly based on the fact)

Ajay0 likes this.
  16. wooleeheron

Without both love and a sense of humor, nobody gives a crap about any distinctions. Our facts emerge from our truths in the sense that all of conscious thought can be traced to our emotions and, ultimately, quantum interactions in our brains. It is demonstrably our facts which emerge from what Socrates called the One Truth, or face of God whom none may look upon and remember in all his glory.

17. Asmodean

Not sure if you're trying to make a serious point I'm afraid

18. wooleeheron

The point is the English language and dictionary make clear distinctions between what is a fact and what is the truth, and neurologist do as well. Its difficult to avoid the truth about facts.

19. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there are no facts and truth. there are probabilities that have been consistently observed by massive numbers of observers over long periods of time,
    (this is called science)
    and then there are attractive assumptions that people pull out of their ass, that are popular and believed to be authoritative because they did so a long time ago and wrote it down.
    (this is called belief)

20. wooleeheron

There is no spoon... think instead there are only probabilities. For once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains can only be highly improbable!

themnax likes this.