Face Coverings .Do we really need these now?

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Mysteron, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

As in the title really .

With over 26 million people in the UK having both vaccinations ( source BBC ) isnt it about time we said good bye to the face coverings . Thats why 26 million of us plus a small number that are naturally immune anyway sacrificed various side effects in an effort to regain some of our liberties .

The 26 million people are about as immune as they will never be and some who have had Covid as well are "Super Immune" ( quote Patrick Vallance) . Yet despite this there is no let off for face covering wearing and some like me find wearing of these unbearable for long periods when the weather is hot.

Just to add more weight in the debate , the USA have now withdrawn face coverings for those who have had both vaccinations.

I think its about time we did the same.

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Members

My mate was in the waiting room of a hospital radiology department yesterday, watching a grown adult have a screaming temper tantrum because she wouldn't be admitted without a mask.
    In my county, less than 1 in 4 got vaccinated; they never wore masks and still adamantly refuse, regardless of CDC guidelines; they'd rather contract (or spread) a potentially debilitating or fatal disease than to risk being mistaken for a hated Democrat. Therefore when I go out in public, I simply assume nobody's vaccinated, and mask up accordingly. Besides; I certainly do not want to be mistaken for one of them.
    I don't know that Europeans can even begin to grasp the level of willful ignorance and intentional stupidity among the populace of the United States now.
    Anti-Vaxxer Tells Lawmakers Vaccine Makes People Magnetic, Allowing Them to Hang Spoons From Their Bodies

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    Tyrsonswood and Mysteron like this.
  3. Captain Scarlet

Thanks for your input .In the UK all the vulnerable people have been offered the Vacinne and the double vaccine of this group is expected to be completed by the 21st June .
    For hospitals though that would be an exception for me .But for pubs supermarkets and shops ,there is no real need .That's the whole idea of having the Vacinne to get back to normal as best as we can .

4. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Master of the Moderator Force Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Some people should never take them off.

Toecutter and Mysteron like this.
  5. Toecutter

Toecutter Members

COVID Data Tracker

COVID-19 Vaccinations in the United States

% Adults with At Least
    One Vaccination
    63.8%

Totally Yoda and Mysteron like this.
  6. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Master of the Moderator Force Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

In the US. The state I'm from exempt people who got both shots from wearing a mask. There are exemptions of course. Those who are not vaccinated. Must wear mask when indoors except in their home.

Mysteron likes this.
  7. Toecutter

Toecutter Members

^^^^^
    Same here, I see some with a mask, some not, I see no issues with wearing a mask if you choose,
    Those that add politics to the mix = ignorance

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    Totally Yoda and Mysteron like this.
  8. Totally Yoda

Those who add politics. I end the conversation right there and walk away.

riverman18, Mysteron and Toecutter like this.
  9. soulpoker

soulpoker Members

All things considered I'd rather not wear a mask, though the inconvenience is small to me. I'm fully vaccinated so I shouldn't have to wear one. But if someone insists I wear one, or a reputable, scientific authority recommends I wear one under certain circumstances, I won't throw a hissy fit about it.

Mysteron likes this.
  10. Captain Scarlet

Well its not just the face coverings its everything else that should be returned when you are double vaccinated . Thats one of the reasons to be vaccinated so that we are not locked down for the rest of our lives tip toeing around others.