Eyebrows

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Piaf, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Come on, ladies!
    Let's draw, fill in and highlight, so we can all have the same thick eyebrows!
    Natural shape don't matter, change your features to what's on fleek now, baes.
    Will look great irl, under normal light.
    Don't forget that lip liner and wing that eyeliner way up high!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm so glad you brought this up.

I'm happy full, natural eyebrowe are back in fashion but it really only works if you can do it, ya know, naturally and work with your natural shape

Whereas this ^ looks grotesque

1 person likes this.
  3. RiderOnTheStorm2.0

RiderOnTheStorm2.0 Lizard Kween Lifetime Supporter

I can't wait for this to start showing up on those "What Were We Thinking" nostalgia articles in 5-10 years. The so-called "ombre" eyebrow looks utterly ridiculous. It's like you Photoshopped your face and have no idea how the saturation tool works.

If you have thick eyebrows, naturally, fantastic. If you don't - great, but work with what you DO have. My eyebrows suffer from me growing up in the 90s and over-plucking them to death, but they still look 100x better than whatever is going on in those pictures up there. And on the very rare occasion that I do put any makeup on, I just fill in the natural shape. No more, no less.

The whole contouring makeup craze is a bit weird. I can definitely see how much work and precision goes into it. And when done well, it can be quite striking. But with everyone following the same Pinterest tutorials (or whatever) on how to put makeup on....I feel like everyone is starting to look the same. Like, voluntarily morphing into a Stepford wife (although I guess nowadays, the Stepford Wives reference should be a Kardashian sister reference.) We may not have been as adept at doing our makeup in high school as girls today are, but I feel like we looked more like people and less like a mid-40s bad Botox victim.

(I love winged eyeliner though. I've been doing that for 15 years now albeit not as extreme. I always liked the 50s/60s retro glamour eye, so that's about my cutoff with the wing length.)

3 people like this.
  4. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

ummm...being relatively hairless.......lol....my eyebrows are not that dramatic.....and look odd if I fill them in even lightly.....:D

1 person likes this.
  5. Yogamat

Yogamat Members

Always reminds me of Bert (as in Bert & Ernie of Sesame St)lol abit of filling in looks ok,but some women really go OTT in my opinion.Makes you wonder (1)How long does it take them to get ready for the day?Way too high maintenance for me,and (2)What they really look like with no makeup.Must be abit freaky for a guy,who starts dating someone so heavily made up,and then to see their lady without any makeup!Must be quite a shock for some I would think!
    I agree,alot of ladies are starting to look samey,barbie dollish!

6. secret_thinker

secret_thinker Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Even though it's obviously photoshopped the eyeshadow in the second pic is so pretty.

7. PunchDrunkKitten

PunchDrunkKitten borne on the fm waves of a broken heart

My brows grow in such a strange way that is not condusive to shaping of any kind. So, i really have no choice but to keep them natural looking which is fine by me because i think the super obviously drawn in dramatically exaggerated brow look is ridiculous and clown ish. Thankfully, they're relatively thick in a non caterpillar way towards the center of my face so i never used to fill my brows at all. They get very sparse, and thin more outwardly across my face. So, on the rare occasion that I do a full face of makeup i will lightly fill them to keep them from disappearing in the rest of my makeup.
    I notice that especially when i do a full contour i need to fill my brows a bit because without doing so they're just gone. Anyone else experience this?

1 person likes this.
  8. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

I don't think these are the same person

9. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

[​IMG]

10. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Also, say no to this horrible crime

[​IMG]

And don't let anyone with bad eyebrows tell you shit about life

1 person likes this.
  11. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

When I first started learning English I thought it was eyebrowns :gorgeous:

Good old days

1 person likes this.
  12. morrow

morrow Visitor

I lived in an era of pluck! I never over plucked, but they don't grow like they used to!
    Plus, women of a certain age, it looks mad!
    Did any of you notice something about those beautiful eyes in the above pictures? No? Not one pair of blue eyes! Blue eyes and def eyebrows, just don't go I'm afraid, just my opinion of course

13. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

the last picture is a chick with blue eyes. Idk what "def eyebrows" are though?

14. morrow

morrow Visitor

Your right, lol..but are they blue? Mine are bluer, they look more grey or green, but yes, not dark..thanks ace..

Def eyebrows "Definition"

15. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

looks like you and i need to spend more time at lady's the hair salon

16. KathyRB13

KathyRB13 Members

Wooo. awesome.
    I would have one from this.

17. trenttsullivan

trenttsullivan Members

18. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

Having red eyebrows and eyelashes...they never showed up much, now, most of my eyebrows are gray!!!

19. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

how did i manage to fuck up that sentence? :D

20. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I have a threading appointment on Thursday, I can't wait, it's so overdue.
    There are only two or three GOOD salons in this city that do threading (I mean there are more, but they're not very good at it, and I don't feel like experimenting anymore...and I've been burned before lol).