Eye pain caused by marijuana?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Bekele, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Bekele

Bekele Member

Often when I smoke weed, I wake up the next morning with some pretty weird pain in my right eye. It is only in my right eye. I noticed last night that after smoking, I had a mild allergic reaction in that my right nostril was quite clogged, and my left one partially so. That is the only explanation I can come up with for this eye pain. My eye is just very sensitive. It feels like there is a bruise behind my eye or something. I repeat, it only happens in the right eye and it is quite noticeable. what the heck is going on?

2. wonderboy

wonderboy the secret of your power!

wierd! i have no idea what's going on, all i know is usually my eyes FEEL irritated (especially if i think about how red my eyes are), and my mucus frees up if i smoke a whole helluva lot

i dunno tho

3. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

could be from smoking weed, but weed doesnt cause clogged nose allergic reactions. are you new to smoking weed?

4. Bekele

Bekele Member

Sure. I'm not new to smoking weed, and my nose gets clogged after I smoke all the time. An allergic reaction is an allergic reaction in many ways... I mean, if you're allergic to smoke, what is going to happen? Well, your nose, eyes, etc. are going to get irritated. I have sinus problems that have given me pain in my mouth (teeth) and eyes... hopefully this is what's happening.

5. SithInHeels

SithInHeels Banned

I've got sinus problems too and pot can clog me up if I smoke enough of it. A few months back I had wierd eye issues as well, but it wasn't really a pain, it was more like I was seeing this flash of light 'fall' in the corner of my one eye. Eventually I figured out that it was only happening when I had something to smoke. Eye doc couldn't find anything wrong and now months later it doesn't really happen that much anymore.

Weird.

6. happyonehit420

happyonehit420 Member

i experience something similar to this as well. rarely, after I've smoked for awhile, and I take another hit, as I'm holding it in, my eyes will feel like pressure is building up in them and they are gonna pop, and it hurts. I know that pot actually LOWERS the pressure in your eyes, but.....I dont know.....it only happens every once in a while, though....

7. Bekele

Bekele Member

Cool, yeah I really think it is just an allergy thing the more I think about it. My dad is a doc and I asked him what he thought (but I left out the pot part, haha) and he said it sounded like a sinus/allergy thing.

8. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

mustard can give a pain in the eye area and give a runny nose, but you dont have to be allergic to them for this to happen. some people just have a natural reaction to the cannabis in that way, its not an allergy. cannabis changes the pressure in the eye, and can effect the way the body decongests.

9. thomyorke

thomyorke Member

try other methods of gettin high if smoking is a problem...vaporize or cook with it

10. Bekele

Bekele Member

Ok, I smoked again last night, and my eye blew up HUGE and it was actually quite painful! hah... it was actually gross to look at, and it's still a little swolen which is disturbing. However, I think I've figured out the cause! First of all, it is ONLY happening on the right side of my face... so, it's one of two things - smoking weed is making my body react very violently, but only my right eye. This makes no sense. The other possibility is that I am doing something different specifically to my right eye that I am not doing to my left, and I think I figured out what that something is. I always handle the weed with only my right hand, and I end up getting little crystals and just general weed-goop all over my fingers when I do this. I usually wipe them on my jeans or something, but I never take the time to carefully wash my hands after handing weed. I also rub my eyes a lot, both when I'm sober and stoned. My best guess is that I have a lot of crap on my fingers last night and when I rubbed my eyes I got shit in/around my right eye which caused this violent allergic reaction. It is the only thing I can think of. My parents are in town so I'm going to take off today and tomorrow from smoking anyway, and by Sunday I will be ready to try it again, this time taking care to rid my hands of any weed particles after smoking. Any thoughts?

11. thomyorke

thomyorke Member

mystery solved

12. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

everyone's eyes swell up when they get stoned, just depends to which degree. if you had something on your fingers then it would have made it worse but i dont see how you could have just kept everything to your right hand, and just left it dirty, while keeping the left clean?

if it happens a lot, then its not to do with your hands.

if you took a picture it would help to solve the mystery, caus it definately isnt solved yet

13. pedro onofre

pedro onofre Members

Dude you're either greening out or have glaucoma /no its not weed crystals and has nothing to do with rubbing your eyes its either one of those too and for it to stop you need like actual medical attention. Ive had it happen to me wherebfirst comes the pain in your eyes then temporary blindness then overall weakness then collapsing is possible once these happen you feel the urge to throw up once you throw up you feel fine everything is back to normal its possible that you may feel sober or even feel like the high hasnt even happened at all it will feel like your eyes are being pulled by a string from your retina worst pain ever btw its cause by inducing too much thc into your body and at the same time your body rejects it i would recomend stop smoking if you live somewhere weed is illegal otherwise you can stop this with surgery medical pain killers or you can somewhat control it by doing all these although the pain in your eyes will still somewhat be there ....eyedrops .hot shower. controlled breathing after each hit off of whatever youre smoking . sugar water. And make sure you have something to eat before smoking ....this occurence can be cause by low blood sugar also and lack of iron so if you wanna smoke pot you gotta be extra healthy and make sure that the weed you smoke isnt too potent meaning your weed gotta be balanced and have same amount or more cbd than thc how do i know this you might ask well because this has happened to me more than 5 times its the toghest shit ive gone through and it feels like it goes on forever but remember it passes so just do all of these things and you'll be fine lol never smoke more thc %than cbd thats why this happens including all this other shit thats most likely wrong with us people this happens to

14. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

For all of its convenience, burning anything is a horrible way to ingest medicine and creates all sorts of unwanted by-products that could cause any number of reactions. If you can, try using a vaporizer and see if it helps. It could be your sinuses for all I know, reacting to irritants and putting pressure on your eyes. Using a vaporizer you can at least rule out that as a possibility.

15. Marijuana is sticky stuff. This is to attract pollen. People with these kinds of allergies are readily affected by incident pollen that has become stuck to their latest sack of buds.

I've had this problem on and off for years. One thing that has helped is to use a bong and fill it with hot water (yes, I realize that seems counter intuitive). It works. Otherwise keep the smoke out of your nasal system (no French hits etc). Also, antihistamines can help. It's a seasonal issue here in Georgia.

16. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Some really crappy hybrid pot should just never be sold.

WritersPanic likes this.