Extinction Rebellion

Discussion in 'The Environment' started by ErikXRclimateactivist, Jul 8, 2019.

1. ErikXRclimateactivist

ErikXRclimateactivist Members

Hello there,
    I am an Extinction Rebellion activist in London, I am a coordinator and arrestee. Many of our species have used psychedelics for years to make important revelations, most spiritual (isn't it all?), many more common sense. I use Psilocybe and Ayahuasca shamanically, and as I am a practicing shaman, I know that Homo Sapiens (humans) are merely an animal, hominids, primates, animalia. We are a part of the ecosystem, not above it, this I have always known in this life, I am an old soul (Zodiac Soul), so have lived many lives to realise this. This is why I am an XR activist, psychedelics helped me to awaken the knowledge to help better understand my soul in this life, and I know for many that this has helped them on their path, and their realisations. I want to spread the information about the organisation/rebellion that I am part of, we are now worldwide, and this is an emergency, we don't want to go extinct now do we? 71% of Greenhouse Gas Emissions come from 100 companies, 100 greedy and egotistical billionaires, are we going to let them kill us? Mother Nature will return, she cannot be killed for as long as she has this planet, the planet that we inhabit. Over 1'000 of us were arrested when we took over Marble Arch, Oxford Circus, Parliament Square and Waterloo Bridge in April, we were there for eleven days and ten nights. I want the folk on here, my species, to join, search for your local group and get involved, if you enjoy life, because with the way we are exploiting currently, at any moment, our ecosystem could collapse. All life gone, and she has to start again.

My brothers and sisters, and all else, this is not a drill, this is not a cliché, this is not a prophecy, it is happening, there's no more debating it, the climate collapse is happening, and we are soon to die, eleven years estimated until irreversible climate change caused by our species happens. Mozambique has already fallen, and most of the Arctic Ice has melted 70 years before it was expected to (it shouldn't be melting either way). I would like to you to join, and help however you can, you don't need to get arrested, in fact we need more non-arrestables. There's no other way, we've tried protests, petitions etc. So just like the Civil Rights movement, we use non-violent direct action/civil disobedience, to make our voices heard, or by just sharing our movement with some information about why we are doing this, goes a long way.

Even if you do not use the same natural remedies (psychedelics) that I and many others use, there is still interest in this for you, as it affects EVERYBODY, all life is affected.

I hope to see some of you out on the streets, the government is supposed to serve the people, not their economies, and not corporations that destroy our planet. Peace and love.

Erik XR

About Us - Extinction Rebellion

2. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

I'm sorry to hear that.

Hopefully you're not one of these bastards: B&G Podcast 14: Cults and Personalities

3. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I wanted to see the London thing GO ON. It should go on until there is change.
    Or it is pointless.

GuerrillaLorax likes this.
  4. ErikXRclimateactivist

ErikXRclimateactivist Members

It would've been very difficult to do so, we are now much bigger, and we have discussed doing a permanent block, however with those numbers and people returning to work etc. it was impossible, it was still amazing that we managed to hold all those sites for the period of time that we did, and that over 1'000 of us got arrested (many of us multiple times). Peace and love.See you on the streets, maybe in the future we shall have a peaceful revolution, it shall have to be very soon if so.

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You left a whole lot of garbage behind, banners and placards that werent made of recyclable materials in the first place, and most protesters didnt seem to bother putting their rubbish in the recycle bins.

Just on plastic waters bottles alone, how many did thousands of protesters go through in eleven days?

6. It still hasn't been explained to me how we reverse climate change. How do we cool off the planet? Fans?

People haven't made one iota of effort yet to do anything about it. We won't until there's a massive hurricane that covers half the globe. It's already too late. We'll just have to hope for the best. If it's as bad as they say, things are going to get rough out there. A lot of people will die. Areas will be uninhabitable.

7. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

Its nice to see a young movement with potential. Although their tactics are questionable, at best.

"Thank you for giving a shit. For deciding that there are futures worth fighting for, even when the future being imposed on us looks increasingly bleak. The good news is that you are here, with your body, along with so many others around the world. Today we have a chance to acknowledge that we are connected to each other and to the living and non-living beings on this planet, in ways that are far more complex and beautiful than any #hashtag could express.

Every few days, another horror story, or another prediction, reminds us that we’re facing an existential threat. Experts no longer study how to prevent climate change, instead they discuss how we might mitigate its effects. We already know that everything is going to change. The question for 2019, for this generation, is: change towards what?

The vultures are already circling.

Corporations ask, “How can we profit?” Whether it’s tapping new oil reserves under the melting glaciers or marketing a ‘green’ product to make us feel comforted, their goal is always profit.

Governments ask, “How do we stay in control?” Whether it’s expanding surveillance programs, or encouraging ‘democratic dialogue’ so long as nothing gets out of hand, their goal is always to consolidate power. The most advanced governments today will do this in the name of combatting climate change. Here in Canada, the government isn’t quite so sophisticated, and still pushes for massive expansions of fossil fuel infrastructure and mining projects, forcing them on indigenous people at the barrel of a gun if they can’t be bought.

Politicians, including some aspiring ones who call themselves ‘activists,’ ask how the growing fear and discontent might be exploited for personal gain. History clearly demonstrates that if we allow these people to lead our movements, they will pull the plug at precisely the moment that we become a real threat to the existing order. Those in power rely on funneling our rage towards dead ends. Let’s get organized, but not behind politicians trying to sell us the latest Hope™.

We don’t know exactly what a ‘better world’ could look like. But like you, we feel that we have to try. We don’t want to just feel like we’re on “the right side of history,” a narcissistic trap. We want to be effective, within an ethical framework that values freedom, autonomy and solidarity. Let’s start taking seriously the idea we might actually have an impact. To that end, we propose a joyful, strategic, and fierce resistance that might include these ingredients:

Transformation, not reform. Capitalism is killing the planet. It is a system based on endless growth, and only serves the rich and powerful. No lifestyle change or government reform is going to touch that. It’s gotta go. Those in power will not simply be persuaded to change their ways and give up the wealth and power they have accumulated through centuries of patriarchy, colonial plunder, and mass exploitation.

The police stand in our way. Maybe you already hold your breath when a cop drives by. If not, remember that even the friendliest cops have to follow orders or get fired. Police are the violent defenders of this rotten system. To even make a dent, many people will have to break a lot of laws, and not just in the “arrest me for the cameras” kind of way.

Let’s build lives worth living. We’re cynical, but we are not hopeless. When we refuse to resign and instead build lives worth living now, we see glimpses of a different future, and start to feel compelled to defend ourselves. We want collective lives rife with empathy, creativity, and openness.

Thank you, again, for showing up. This is the beginning of a long road, or maybe a tightrope. Let’s walk it together, trying to avoid the traps that lay ahead." - Open Letter to Climate Strikers

But unfortunately that article is likely too optimistic:

8. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

It was amazing, but I still say if it cannot go on indefinitely it becomes pointless.
    Everyone has already forgotten.

ErikXRclimateactivist likes this.
  9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

What?

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Because there is only one solution, and nobody wants to say it out loud ;)

XR are just really protesting about their own existance

11. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

I have a better logo for your organization................

[​IMG]

Driftrue likes this.
  12. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[​IMG]

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape