Explosions In The Sky

Discussion in 'Music' started by Pressed_Rat, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Is anyone familiar with this group from Austin, Texas? They are an instrumental band, and in some ways their work is reminiscent of Godspeed You Black Emperor, but without the strings and long meandering sections that go nowhere. This is very beautiful instrumental music and it's made with just two guitarists, a bassist and a drummer. I heard just a few tracks from them and had to go out and buy all their albums.

Their music may not offer much in the line of band diversity or groundbreaking ideas, but if you like beautiful guitar-laden instrumental music with feeling, this is the band for you.

2. AnOriginalName

AnOriginalName Senior Member

Yeah, they're pretty good. Nice and relaxing.

3. Oric

Oric Member

Ah yes, they're pretty cool.

4. Skin Is  My!

Skin Is My! Member

Hey, Pressed Rat, if you like Explosions In The Sky have you ever thought about checking out a band called "Pelican"? They're a little bit along the lines of them. Although, to be honest, Explosions In The Sky isn't anywhere near as good as Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

5. Biida

Biida Member

I've a buddy once from Lubbock who got me hooked on Explosions In The Sky about two years ago. :3

6. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

pelican is ALOT heavy then exlosions in the sky or god speed, if you like those too check out some more post rock stuff like pram, slint, Dianogah, mogwai

7. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

i too love explosions in the sky. i discovered them on accident one night and fell in love.

8. Skin Is  My!

Skin Is My! Member

I never heard of Dianogah. I only really got into post rock this year. One of my favorites has to be Mono (A lot like Mogwai.)