exchange student

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by BunnySuit, Jan 26, 2009.

1. BunnySuit

BunnySuit Senior Member

i'm heavily considering becoming one next year.

which might suck, going to high school instead of college and all. I might do it for a half year.

However, two of my friends are in Australia and one is in Thailand, and I am insanely jealous.

I'm thinking Australia or Belgium. But my french is so very weak. Although this would ensure my fluency. I just don't know.

But hearing everything, bah. I want to do it so badly.

I should sleep.

2. HushBull

HushBull Insuperior

me too

3. nakedtreehugger

nakedtreehugger craaaaaazy

you should totally do it, bunny. living abroad is an awesome experience. :)

4. BunnySuit

BunnySuit Senior Member

if all else fails i will of course do it in college. But I feel as if that's kind of cheating. I'd like to live with a family and really establish a life outside of a study program.

5. Face Eater

Face Eater Banned

I am 2cm away from getting my own house. You will be welcome to stay, even if it is brief. My town rocks. Notice I said Cm.

6. BunnySuit

BunnySuit Senior Member

ugh. crazy rest of the world and your metric system.

I've been searching different programs, and I'm really thinking this is possible.

7. Face Eater

Face Eater Banned

I really hope you make it happen. One thing to note, the new school year started here today. If you did want to do an exchange in the Southern Hemisphere you would probably need to wait 6 months after you graduate, which would not be bad, you could work and save some money for the trip.

8. BunnySuit

BunnySuit Senior Member

this is what got me excited. I just opened a message from a friend that wears a dorky uniform to an all girl's school. And she was telling me all sorts of lovely things about it.

9. BunnySuit

BunnySuit Senior Member

it is now 12, so i will bid all you hip cats a good night (it is night here, so I assume everyone in the world will be going to bed around now.)

10. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

There's always the Japanese schoolteacher route

11. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

I almost when to Belgium when I finished high school. I did the whole thing, was already confirmed to go there. I was going with AFS for 10 months, but I made the mistake of listening to my dad's advice. I always regret not going.

12. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

It'd be difficult to study in a foreign country, but you should definitely try it ! :cheers2:

13. *°GhOsT°LyRiC°*

*°GhOsT°LyRiC°* Supporters HipForums Supporter

i would totally do it. i bet it would be an amazing and fun experience. if you have the opportunity... DO IT! :)

14. Jaitaiyai

Jaitaiyai Cianpo di tutti capi

Never regret anything, you never know it could've been incredibly bad, your dad could've inadvertedly saved you...?

EDIT: Forgot to say, Bunny, come to England!!!!!!!!!!!

!

15. Autentique

I dont really regret it. I just really wish I had gone. I would've learned French and get to experience life in an entirely different place. If it was incredibly bad, I could've decided to go back home, but it's ok. It was just something I really really wanted to do and the reason my dad gave me to not go, was a incredibly stupid one. I didnt feel like being all "I wanna go anyways".

I kinda convinced myself that going into university right after school was the smart thing to do. In my case it was far from it, since I had no idea of what I wanted to do.

16. Jaitaiyai

You still can go, it'll just be a bit harder.

17. Autentique

I could, but the moment is gone. Now Im going to be a mommy and Im a wife, I cant just go for almost a year to hang out in another country. I mean, I could, but I wouldnt feel good about doing it.

18. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Think of the experience you will have! Later on when you are settled into grownup life, you won't be able to do these things...

19. Jaitaiyai

Not a year, a month? That or you'll be waiting till your kids all gone grown up.