Evolving from Bisexual to Gay...

Discussion in 'Other Sex Discussions' started by LowHangers, May 16, 2022.

1. LowHangers

LowHangers Members

My wife and I have had discussions lately since my recent engagement with Tom the other day. He and I have been "Suck-Buds" for 12 years now but the other day we engaged ourselves into a more passionate level while showering before our regular oral exchanges. I even whispered "I Love You" in his ear which I've never done with any man. I think my days of being bisexual have evolved into more of a gay relationship with him. I've always had more sex with him versus my wife or his wife. I still enjoy sex with both of our wives, but I am feeling I reached a point where I desire him more than either of our wives. I don't see this as a bad thing, and my wife whom I love dearly has stated she understands why I would feel this way.

Has this happened to others out here?

2. BiGuySW

BiGuySW Members

Not with me, and I think I know why.

Early on in life I decided that if I had both male and female characteristics, perhaps other people did also. What a revelation, especially in a culture that thinks men are totally different from women, and that you must be either one or the other and nothing in between.

So then, as I had relationships with people along the entire gender spectrum, I found that almost all of them had the same basic needs. I continue to choose my sensual and affectionate relationships based on personality, not on what I consider to be a false male-female choice. I can only maintain a long-term relationship based on love and mutual respect, not on sex alone. Those long-term respectful relationships are the best, no matter how a person describes their gender.

FredBrice, EZGoing and thepapasmurph like this.
  3. thepapasmurph

thepapasmurph Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I wrote this elsewhere, so it's a repeat - but you have allowed yourself to develop a strong bond with Tom over the years. I am sure that he has always been more than just a blow n go, but you are friends, and you have a relationship with him, his wife and your wife - you all appear to know one another. I don't see how you can engage in 69 with the same man for all those years and develop a love for the man. Yeah, you seem to have held back for a long time in expressing it - but that moment that you kissed him, it rocked you, and him, too. And it was reciprocated, and it meant something. I don't know that you can necessarily say you are evolving into a more gay thing... It appears the idea of kissing a man has been off your radar until now. I doubt very highly that it now means you want to explore with other guys - maybe you do... I'd sooner capture it as a new level of intimacy with Tom and it is very good. Enjoy it and let it flow. I am glad your wife is so understanding. Kissing, for some, is a very personal thing, a very intimate thing, and should not be done unless there are feelings behind it. That could have bothered your wife, and might bother Tom's, if he tells her. I sure hope not. I think it is wonderful that you have had this long term relationship with him. I'm curious where it will lead and what else will you discover.

GrayGuy57, dd788snipe and Jcinalco like this.
  4. thepapasmurph

By the way, I began to accept my bisexuality when I was in my early 20s. I enjoyed a lot of sex with guys back then, but I also had girlfriends... I began to consider coming out as gay and told some friends. It was received well considering it was back in the early 80s. But, as time went on, I became depressed and decided being gay was not what I wanted out of life - so in my naivety, I decided to go straight, get married, not tell my wife about my past, and I went deep into an evangelical movement... funny thing, God never answered my prayer to cure this other side of me... and after my kids were grown up, and my marriage began to change, and my sexual relationship with my wife evaporated, I started to explore craigslist for quick sexual release. Again, I began depressed, and thought of taking my life over this sexual identification I was struggling with. It wasn't until I was 50 years old that things changed for the better - I finally realized the cultish environment of the Christian church was destroying me. I accepted that it was OK that I am attracted to men, and I came to finally accept that I am a gay leaning bisexual man. Unfortunately, this truth has caused a lot of pain for my wife, who is a conservative person who never waivers from her religious beliefs, and it was difficult for my children, too. Things are improving in my family and I am doing pretty well. But, I have to say, it sure would be wonderful to me if I had a good friend like Tom. I am at peace and that's what counts the most.

5. Si69

Si69 Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Has this happened to others out here?

Yeah, happening with me I reckon......and not uncommon I think.

Simon :)

FredBrice and LowHangers like this.
  6. LowHangers

LowHangers Members

I'm not shocked by what took place and how I felt. He and I have been close for 12 years now sucking each other off 2-3 times a week so I guess it was bound to happen. I just never expected such an emotional, arousing sensation when engaged in passionate kissing with him. I'm sure it's going to change how we interact from now on. I'm planning on discussing the matter and situation with my wife and would like him to discuss it with his wife as well.

7. Windman

Windman Members

For me its difficult to separate sex from any emotion at all. I didn't gravitate toward sex with men until my 40’s. And even then only dabbled, and it was difficult for me to to reconcile my Christianity with the very strong desires I have had most of my adult life.my story is very similar to Papa’s. It seems the more I get into the weeds of biblical translations and understanding them the less I seem to know. The Christian church has shot it’s self in the foot with the characterization of sexuality as black and white when it seems in the world we live in is far from it.
    So at this point, this side of me is hidden from view of others that would not accept it and only is visible to those I choose.

8. topper

topper Member

If your wives are cool with you guys having fun with each other, why open that can of worms?Do you think your wife would feel differently watching you passionetly kissing him? While they might find it hot and exciting that you both are sexually Bi/gay. The emotional aspect of kissing is a different story. My wife told me that she didn't have any problem with us sucking and fucking each other, but she would feel different watching us kiss. For us, at our age, its just sexual, not emotional

9. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I wonder if thier wives are as open as they are :)

FredBrice likes this.
  10. DarNY

DarNY Members

Papa. That is so honest and seems like a common theme with a lot of us old guys. We have lived many lives. I like to bank it all as wonderful experiences. And we grow.

11. MJSkier

MJSkier Members

Very well said I can sure relate with this

12. SantaCruzRob

SantaCruzRob Senior Member

Not evolving so much as there isn't a woman in my life right now. Finding another woman who is bi wild and kinky isn't easy :p

13. LowHangers

LowHangers Members

My wife already knows that if she "goes" before I do that, I'll never try to seek out a replacement. She's irreplaceable and I have several male partners to full-fill my sexual needs. It will be nothing but man sex.

14. Well I'm curious

Well I'm curious Members

I think if you are already fucking other guys you have crossed that line of actually being with men. If that evolves to more men sex or becoming "Gay" I think it's a choice. If you wanna be gay be gay. If you don't continue on.
    I'm attracted to women but I want to experiment. I'm not interested in having a relationship with a Man. Anything else is a possibility, it's just sex.

15. Daniel Ybarra

Daniel Ybarra Members

I evolved from bi to gay at age 23. I was bi and every relationship I had with a woman ended badly I have problems when it came to sex with woman. I got out of a bad relationship with a woman right before I turned 23 and decided I'm going to really explore my gay side and that year I went crazy and found myself found my happiness found what really satisfies me and that I am way more into men than I ever was women. By 25 I fully accepted and embraced being gay and that I am 100% a total bottom. Best decision of my life!

16. DaveTheBiGuy

DaveTheBiGuy Members

I don't necessarily think he's saying that he wants to be gay, but that he's leaning more towards the gay side of the spectrum these days.
    I honestly don't think what he's feeling is all that uncommon amongst bisexual guys, especially bisexual guys who are bottoms

17. Suburbanray

Suburbanray Members

I think it's more the aspect that he is becoming open to being bi-romantic, at least with his long time friend Tom? Which I agree with you is leaning more towards the gay end of the spectrum, but not becoming gay? If he had no sexual, or romantic attraction to women at all, that'd be a different story. But he does, even though he wouldn't seek out another woman if widowed.

I think the aspects of hetero, bi, and homo romantic trip up alot of us bi, bi curious, or even straight guys who initially, or mainly just want sexual fun with another man, and nothing else besides friendship. Many don't even want friendship, only sexual encounters and then go their separate ways forever, or unless they play again.

If there were no STI's, I'd be more open to just random sexual encounters. But I need at least some connection of friendship & trust for the risks M2M entails.
    Who knows, if I ever get on PrEP someday, that may change my thinking? But that's a tangent for another thread.

18. thepapasmurph

There is a constant "tug of war" between my need for a romantic emotional relationship with a man, and the other part that just wants sex, because I am a horny old goat. I've practiced safe sex and random wanton lust with no protection. I started taking PreP and get checked quarterly. I've had plenty of hot sex with random men who did not have any emotional connection to me.
    Where I fit on the spectrum really has not changed much for me. I still think I am a gay-leaning bisexual. I am more interested in having a special relationship with a man now than a woman. I've had the woman thing and the longer I look back on it, the less good I think it was - and it was not just me to blame for that.
    Don't think I am a mess - but I might be. I see evidence of other couples - both male and female same sex and opposite sex - in relationships - and marvel at the good things I see between them. I've seen more bad relationships in my life - between my parents, and aunt/uncle and other friends to last a lifetime - is there really true love and devotion out there? I wonder.
    I've come to realize that I have needs for the emotional and the physical - the affection and the sex. I want the tender loving care from a man who loves me, looks out for me, and treats me well, but will take me home and fuck the stuffing out of me. I want the passion and the pain of a real deal relationship before I die.
    I try to explain this to others. I respond to touch, to tenderness. It pisses me off how much I have to give to someone, and it seems it may never be given to anyone deserving of it.
    It is the little things I desire... when we are out at a bar with friends... he notices I need another drink and he makes sure I have it. He also makes sure I am not too drunk (lol) but he doesn't shame me if I am. He enjoys catching my attention from across the room and winking or smiling - and letting me know I'm special to him above all the other guys at the gathering. When it's time to go home, he makes sure I get there safely.
    I have none of that now.
    I function just fine on my own. I come and go as I please - nobody is needed... but somebody is wanted.
    I've been working through this lately - this reality that I may live out my days like this, that there may never be anyone special in my life again. There are a lot of lonely guys out there. I'm not alone in this loneliness. It sucks.

dd788snipe, FredBrice and Suburbanray like this.
  19. topper

topper Member

We don't know about many things until we cross that bridge. Its attitude adjustment and finding a solution for your situation.

dd788snipe and FredBrice like this.
  20. DaveTheBiGuy

DaveTheBiGuy Members

If your wife and his wife is ok with your gay relationship with him then that's all that matters.
    I'm just curious as to how your wives feel about you and him having more gay sex together than either of you have with your wives.
    I also don't think it's uncommon at all to develop feelings and fall in love with someone that you've been having sex with for as long as you've been having gay sex with him. I'd say that's a pretty normal thing to happen.
    Do you think telling your wife (or his) that you're evolving from bisexual to gay is going to affect how your wife views you moving forward?

FredBrice likes this.