Evolution and adaption

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by mrdude, May 25, 2007.

1. mrdude

mrdude Member

It's kinda funny to think about, but this is a serious question.

If we got every human being on the planet to jump off the roof of their house every single day, would our species eventually adapt and grow wings, or super strong bones, or some other kind of sweet mutation?

2. Rayan

Rayan Member

Thats the theory - still believe in Evolution? hehe

3. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

What does jumping off a roof have to do with flying? Birds usually take off from the ground, they don't climb up on a roof and take off. Besides people can already fly, they made a tool called an airplane.

4. stonedmonkiwana

stonedmonkiwana K9 Handler

that's a good question mrdude... anything is possible I guess.... if anything it just might thin out the population.. think of all the people who would die when they jumped off their roof.

5. Synthesis

Synthesis Banned

We would evolve into a species of humans that specialized in jumping from a distance of about ten feet high.

You could call us roof surfers or shingle tamers.

We would develope very strong bones and muscles in our legs.

It would be helpful if you like to climb trees and wild apes appear from no where and attack you knocking you from the tree.

Or if you didn't want to walk down a flight of stairs you could jump down them I suppose.

You could jump off a not so high bridge if you were running from the cops.

Thing is not everyone will be hip to jumping off the roof everyday and they will seize control of the world while we are evolving our legs to withstand a 10 foot high jump.

We need to convince everyone that if we don't all jump off the roof the antichrist will return who just so happens to be an excellent roof surfer. So we need to practice shingle taming everyday religiously.

6. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

I can tell you honestly, that as a kid I used to jump off the roof almost everyday. Most humans are already perfectly adapted to jumping from this height, the only thing that makes a huge difference is knowing how to land. Knowing how to land = fun, not knowing how to land = broken bones and pain.

7. -=JCR=-

-=JCR=- Member

I do think there are some people out in the world who do have "abilities". Stronger and faster than normal humans, but they will never be found if they dont say something.

In years to come, hopefully before i die, i really do feel there will be people who do have "super human" qualities, its just DNA has to change after awhile.

8. kar33m

kar33m Member

yes, we would probably evolve to have stronger bones and muscles or more resistant in general.

The ones who have weak bones would eventually die from jumping off their roof, only the ones with strong bones would survive and later when these ppl get married (with other strong boned indivduals who survived jumping) and have children; these children will inherit their parents gentical traits, in other words will have strong bones too.
    It's called natural selection. Only that in this case it's not natural since it's not the enviroment (nature) who is forcing ppl to jump off their houses roofs :p

9. Dark||Nomad

Dark||Nomad Member

I went to a public HighSchool graduation the other night where the Historian gave an out of context speech on how evolution is stupid.

He mentioned the number 7 as being proof of their being an all powerful God, his examples were 7 days in the week, and 7 being something related to music. He obviously failed to realize that there are 7 days of the week because of religion, and all the other things were man made because of 7 being important to the Abrahamic religions.

Its just really beyond me when someone can say "I do not see how people evolved over long periods of time" but yet they believe a talking snake convinced a woman to send, so an all knowing all seeing god had to FIND her and her husband to punish them for it. this deserves a wtf.

Back to the main topic. I agree with the other poster, no we wouldnt be able to fly, we have already gained that ability. Our muscles would just get stronger and the people with brittle bones would die off.

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

we would evolve into a species that lives in one story homes

11. hebrewnational00

hebrewnational00 Senior Member

HEY EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD NEEDA CHECK OUT THIS FRENCH GROUP CALLED "YAMAKASI" or "el parkour" its basicly ppl jumpin off buildings and shit, stuntin and doin crazy stuff that ppl would usually DIE doin, its crazy check it out!