Evil Dead Series

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by Super_Grrl, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

This is my BOOMSTICK! Gah!

I love horror movies, especially the ones that are hysterically funny in an attempt to frighten. Bruce Campbell is awesome lol, such a jackass but I love him anyway. Shop smart, shop S-Mart!

Personally though, I think the Army of Darkness is the best of the three, it's definitely the funniest with the best lines and most creative violence, especially with the mini Bruces.

2. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

I could be wrong, forgive me if I am, but I think the guy who made these films, Sam Raimi, used to own a cinema called 'The Scala' in King's Cross, London. I used to love going there, because it showed all sorts of films you couldn't easily get hold of. On Saturday nights it would have all nighters with Monty Python films, Science Fiction, old WB cartoons. You could get Red Stripe in the foyer and also have a puff whilst watching the films. Sometimes directors used to visit, too, and talk about their film, like David Cronenberg for example. They closed it down about 10 years ago, because they showed 'A Clockwork Orange' whilst Kubrik was still alive. It was a shame. You should have seen the graffitti inside the foyer. If it's the same guy I'm thinking of, he lived and breathed films. I hope he's keeping well. If anyone knows his email let me know so I can send him praise. I actually liked the first Evil Dead. I saw a pirate copy in the Bahamas whilst eating my mum's curry. I ended up pukeing it up through my nose.

3. Dariah

Dariah Member

I saw the first Evil Dead and thought it was pretty lame, but I would watch it over and over nonetheless. That scene where that chick is getting raped by the trees is classic. I still want to watch the entire series. I could use a good laugh.

4. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I like the third one...... but they say the second one in the series is the most groundbreaking.... Ive seen parts of the first evil dead...... you gotta admit though, there wasnt anything like it when it first came out....... whoever heard of claymation/horror movies? back then?? it was original.

5. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

brought the collectors edition of the series on dvd, had never seen them but watched them after playing the playstation game based on the third film.
    the third one got on my nerves, but i agree the first two are pretty groundbreaking.
    I think bruce campbell is one of the most gorgeus actors out there, he did a recent interview on the dvd set and I think he's got better with age!
    S

6. passittotheleft

passittotheleft Senior Member

that part in evil dead when that chick got the pencil to the achilles tendon looked like it would hurt so bad..

7. vegetable_man

vegetable_man Member

All three are great, but i love the second one, like when he cuts his possesed hand off with a chainsaw, and then decks out said chainsaw so it can fit on the stump of his arm.......... GROOVY

8. Jesus the Jedi

Jesus the Jedi Senior Member

Evil Dead is fucking classic, its amazing, great horror especially of how cheaply it was made and how much it surpasses most horror movies made today.

if you liked this kinda horror/comedy, check out Peter Jacksons early stuff, such as Dead Alive, Bad Taste, and Meet the Feebles (which is a puppet movie)

note his movies are REALLY gory, Dead Alive is one of thebloodiest movies ever made.

9. listen to screw

listen to screw Member

didnt really like the 1st 1 that much but the 2nd evil dead is good. army of darkness is good to

10. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

if you liked the movie, you should definately go and see the musical!!!

11. happy_kel

happy_kel thug life.

Evil Dead was very cheap and VERRRRY funny. Ive only seen one, I cant remember which one I just remember this chick screaming her head off running threw the forest.
    I def have to see whole series all together.

12. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

I think I know which one you mean. Is it the one where a lot of people got killed?

13. happy_kel

happy_kel thug life.

yeah i think so, but then again doesnt that happen in every other 'honor' film

14. MichaelByrd1967

MichaelByrd1967 Garcia Wannabe

I saw Army Of Darkness. It's funny and terrible at the same time, that you can't help but laugh and analyze it. Stuff like "oh that's in front of a screen", or "oh that's so fake", "oh that's a guy in a costume", or "Oh She had perfect hair laying on the ground, and got up and her hair was scraggly". I love that movie.

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yeah, that's a great scene. The second is definately better than the first. Army of Darkness is also great. Honestly one of my favourite movies! The part where he needs to remember te spell and later he has forgotten it and coughs at the end of the line and expects it doesn't matter at all. :)

Give me some sugar, baby!

16. MichaelByrd1967

MichaelByrd1967 Garcia Wannabe

Klaatuu Verata Nic-t(cough!!!!!)