Every Woman is a Threat!!!

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by PhotoDude, Jul 21, 2013.

1. PhotoDude

PhotoDude Member

I've got a friend. She's completely in love with her boyfriend. They live together and throw some awesome parties. But anytime she finds out that there was another woman at these parties who have a crush on her boyfriend, she turns into a total bitch.

My friend used to cheat on her boyfriend many years ago, and so did he. They are over that now. I truly believe that neither one would cheat on the other anymore. I've talked to him privately, and know that he only wants to be with his girlfriend and one day marry her. I've had the same talk with her and she expressed the same view as him.

So why the fuck does she turn into Super Bitch whenever a girl shows the slightest interest in him? I don't mean she gets super jealous, or clingy, she turns into the meanest bitch that walks the earth. For example, today she has banned any and all women from their future parties that she hasn't known for years, OR completely trust. (Which means she does they don't have an interest in her boyfriend)

Does this seem to be a little too extreme for a woman who claims that she trusts her boyfriend?

2. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Appears to be insecurity on her part. Sadly it tends to ruin relationships. Friendships are important in life.

The irony is if he was stepping out it could be with anyone at anytime so limiting social events is rather short sighted and a waste of time.

No one can live with being constantly viewed as they "might" do something. I would guess that the whole relationship could be in peril.

3. enhancer13

enhancer13 Senior Member

Well considering they both cheated on each other in the past I can see why there might be insecuritiy and trust issues! If someone has it in them to do it once then there is nothing stopping them from doing it again. Not saying that is what buddy is trying, but the doubt would be there. It is a hurtle I would not be able to work through in a relationship myself. Without trust it wouldn't be worth it.

4. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

Stop throwing great parties, problem solved.

5. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

Yes ! It's ridiculous. Girls think they own men, and that we can choose who they know. Idiotic. Just think if NO ONE liked their boyfriend, or ever liked their boyfriend???!!! That would be humiliating to be with someone no one liked. Girls have a terrible perspective.

6. kokujin

kokujin Senior Member

oh dear i hope that settles if they want each other.

7. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

It's unrealistic, stems from insecurity and fear that they'll devolve into cheaters again (both of em). This needs professional relationship help.

But here are some solutions:

1. Stop throwing parties, save that $50 or less that would've gone into a party for later in life if indeed they are going to married.

2. Stay close to your boyfriend at parties, so you know he isn't off with some girl.

3. Accept the fact that you can't control other people, and that if you ban one gender form the party, you set yourself up for some problems LIKE:

(the problems)

1. Being insecure about a friend who wants to bring their significant other over to chill with you guys and introduce them to his friends (you guys) [an outright ban would bar this from happening].

2. In the future, if your daughter wants to bring her girlfriends over (Outright ban prevents this from happening for fear of some young girl worming her way into your significant other)

3. One of your bosses from work can't be invited to dinner if they're the opposite gender. (Does this still happen anymore it might be an old tradition)

8. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I know I couldn't/wouldn't stay in a mental cage like that. #1-Counciling, #2-doomed relationship, or #3-live your life by someone elses rules.

9. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Heads up girls, best revenge for someone stealing your BF is let her have him...;)

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

it sounds like they haven't really gotten past the cheating issue. I think if you forgive someone for cheating you have to be willing to trust them and not let past mistakes influence the current relationship. If you can't do that then there isn't really a point in continuing the relationship.

11. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

I think everyone who has responded to this thread shares this reaction.

Neither could I.

12. Quiet Storm

Quiet Storm Member

Insecurity, low self esteem and having been cheated on/hurt in the past will make you think everyone is that way. It's not easy to get past unless you really have someone in your life that can show you that you can trust them!