Ever wish you would just drop dead?

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by dazedgatsby, Apr 11, 2012.

1. dazedgatsby

dazedgatsby shitheel

Because I wish I would.

To me life is meaningless, I have no future. I'm smart, IQ of 130, I just don't have the motivation. I have no friends, no job, I dropped out of school. No one ywants me around, everyone thinks I'm weird. No one understands me, people just think they can do whatever they want to me, like they can use me and then throw me away when they're done.

Have you ever just wanted to kill them? Well I have, I just don't have it in me to kill
    another person. I just feel I'm doomed to fail, there is no use in going on. I want to die, I want to die so that I can be happy.

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

yep

but then it passes just like everything else does

3. dazedgatsby

dazedgatsby shitheel

When people are nice to me it feels so weird. I'm not used to it, I appreciate it and all but it's so rare that it just feels so alien to me.

4. Comfortablynumb11

Comfortablynumb11 Member

That's kind of how I feel except I don't know what my IQ is, but for now I'm just trying to make the best of this horrid existence.

5. Raga_Mala

Raga_Mala Psychedelic Monk

"Who made this mistake? Why am I in this world? Why am I living this life? Why am I trapped in this body? On this plane of existence?"

"You're in school, dummy, why don't you try taking the curriculum?"

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

"This is the strangest life I've ever known"

Been there, done that... But for some reason I'm still here.

7. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Soon enough man. Soon enough.

8. KevinH

KevinH Just Floating Here

So did you ever watch the movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zexCVdpQtcM"]Harold & Maude - The end of the E-Type - YouTube

9. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

IQ of 130 is quite high, near genius. You may be able to use that brain of yours to make your life better.

You have some gifts, maybe you can use them to everyone's benefit.

I've posted some advice for dealing with depression on this forum a bunch of times.

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showpost.php?p=7212185&postcount=22

Many smart people have trouble making connections to other people, dealing with assholes, and finding meaning in life. You're certainly not alone.

The basic self-help methods in the link could benefit you a lot in the long run. If you really feel on the verge of an attempt, you might want to get on anti-depressants now.

Limiting your exposure to assholes and increasing your exposure to nice people would probably help a lot.

Where do you live now? Do you have any options to live elsewhere? Could you stay with relatives some place else?

10. weeattoes

weeattoes what will be, will be

yea i know what you mean..
    I go through stages where i get really depressed but like bbad said they pass... come and go.... i have learned to work through my depression and have beenable to gain better control over it. I found things to occupy my mind and silent ways to let things out when i don't have someone to talk to..

You don't need a lot of friends to be happy but i am sure you have atleast a few...
    If not then you should get out and meet people.. or go out and meeet better people.. theres good people out there you just have to find them.. go get your G.E.D.... I am just now getting mine and i am so happy for myself.. you should do the same..

Only YOU can improve YOUR life.. no one else can...
    Its all one step at a time..

11. PEACEFUL LIBRA

PEACEFUL LIBRA DAMN RIGHT I'M A WEIRDO

Everybody goes through this , you just got pick your shit up and move on

12. Invisible Soul

Invisible Soul Burning Angel

All the time. There's not a day goes by when I don't wish that I'll just go to sleep and never wake up again...

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgnhkxxYZv8"]EVERYBODY WANTS SOME (BETTER OFF DEAD) - YouTube

14. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

I figure my lot in life is to annoy people. I love living.

15. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Remember Quite Clearly, My Mother Saying To Me, That She Thought

The Only Reason The Dear Lord Put Me On This Earth, Was To Disrupt

The Harmony Of Other Peoples Lives...:).

And We All Know, Mothers Never Make Mistakes, Right...[​IMG].??

Cheers Glen.

16. Invisible Soul

Invisible Soul Burning Angel

Not even I'm that bitter to wish to do that... :p

My mother has made loads of mistakes, and the biggest one, was having me. lol

17. walsh

walsh Senior Member

You sound perfectly healthy to me. What healthy person would want to participate in this pointless mess of a consumer/producer based society?

I think it's the opposite - you've got to be smart to even get to the point of wanting to reject it all, throw away all that shit that is put onto you and you had no part of and want no part of. Only thing that's kept me alive is reading some of the greatest writers who have said the same thing, and who I admire greatly.

18. skinny.jeans

skinny.jeans Members

Aww, wish I could give you a hug.

I used to think like that but I'm a lot more optimistic now. I feel for you :/

19. Sexless_harpy

Sexless_harpy Member

*huge hugs* Always. I hate being alive. I hate being me. I have no hope that tomorrow will be any different or better than today. Hell, I'm not even sure I should change, so many factors inside me and outside terrify me.

But I'm still breathing. If not for myself, then for the 1 or 2 people in my life I don't want to hurt. It can be unbearable when you don't feel any reason to continue, but if you don't know, then just try looking for one. There are definitely people around that will support and guide you while you look, like on this thread for example! or if you just want to vent we are here too.

PM me or us any time

20. Enemy of The Clipboard!

Enemy of The Clipboard! Guest

Hmm, maybe you're not as weird as you think you are dazedgatsby...it could be worse, you could have been one of the zombified robotic greatgasby clones that are aspirational careerists. Now, those people are really weird...