Ever waste your money on tickets?

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Krsna Bhakti, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

I blew 100$ on Roger Waters, playing tonight, and I have no babysitter
    :( FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else fuck up like this so I dont feel so dumb? Because, this is pretty damn dumb.

2. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

SCI's last run is at red rocks they just added a fourth day!!! When they originally went on sale I bought tickets to all three of the nights. However, when talking to my mother a couple of days later, I found out my cousin's wedding is the night of the second to last SCI show. More or less I'm expected to be at the wedding which means I'll have to forgo my show

3. Krsna Bhakti

Damn! SCI is the shit as well, and the last run?! Sorry to hear that man. I think the only person/band I would do ANYHING for is Steve Howe/YES. Other than that I just take my loss and try to pretend its not happening haha :tongue:

4. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

Well all may not be lost for me, I think I might be able to skip out on the reception and get to the show right as they are going on stage, but its an ongoing discussion for the next 2.5 months!!

Your loss could be worse...I heard tickets for Waters at Summerfest are going for 200+ on the lawn.You still have a few hours to find a babysitter??

5. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i spent $200 on my 10KLF ticket and camping pass.. but looks like I'm gonna have to try and sell it if my dog don't get better today.. i'm lookin at a $400 vet bill

6. Krsna Bhakti

I do still have a few hours, but I doubt anything will work. I cant even find a babysitter when Im sick, let alone to go enjoy myself :)

7. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

Every summer that I want to go to 10klf, I can't. I coach a summer swim team and it always falls during a part of a season where I can't disappear for a few days. I hope your dog improves for his sake and yours, going to 10klf would be just a bonus!

8. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

what about one of those sites like sittercity.com??? From the people I've known who have used it they were pleased. But if I were a father, I don't know if i could leave my child with a total stranger

9. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

last year a few times I spent 200$+ a night to buy Canucks tickets

this year though i went to 17 games all for free so it balanced out in the end :D

10. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I would have babysat for ya :)

11. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

I wasted my money on traffic tickets:(

12. Krsna Bhakti

awwwwww!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Annie :) Thats so nice of you to say. Im just taking him to the beach tonight instead. Plus, I live literally less than five minutes from the stadiums, so maybe, JUST MAYBE, I can hear some Dark side as I drive by and into New Jersey :tongue:

13. DancerAnnie

:D

I never get asked to babysit anymore, now that I'm in my 20's...and I love playing with kids...it's way more fun than hanging out with a bunch of stuffy adults...

14. Krsna Bhakti

Yea your right! Im not even really that bummed about it anymore, my son is much more important than some concert and I love spending as much time with him as I can. Im sure he appreciates it now, and I can only continue to set good examples to him in the future :)

15. DancerAnnie

Daddy time is always very important...it's definitely something he'll remember as he gets older...even when he gets to the teenage-angst stage...then you can tell him, I missed a Roger Waters concert for your ass...straighten up.

He won't get it, but then when he gets older and has to miss a concert because of his kids, then he will ;)

16. Krsna Bhakti

Your definitley right. My mom is going to the show tomorrow night, and she was saying the same thing "how many concerts and parties I missed becuase of you kids!" But I love my mom to death and she is so right and very strong woman. My dad on the other hand.......... I dont even talk to him, and I definitley will do whatever possible to keep my son in my life as we grow closer to the sky:)

17. ganjabomber

ganjabomber Senior Member

fuck a baby sitter man its roger waters unless your kids are like 4 leave em home alone and put the big one in charge
    its roger waters man you might never see him again

18. DancerAnnie

Spoken like a true child...

19. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

His kid's not even 2 years old, man. I think he's actually 18 or 19 months.

20. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Buying concert tickets are far from a waste of money... its a good investment in great memories.. and it helps support your favorite artists drug/alcohol habits