ever tripped without drugs??

Discussion in 'The Psychedelic Experience' started by hello, Jun 9, 2004.

1. hello

hello ~*resonance*~

i swear, i think i have... high on Love and high on Life. :)

but i relly mean tripping, and not on any substance...

i was sitting in the library earlier today, and the patterns in the carpet were shifting and melting into each other. and i closed my eyes and started to see multicolored negative-image outlines of things.

even right now, i pull myself back from the computer screen, and everything is charged with significance, and i see patterns where i normally would not.

someone else wakes this up in me. and slowly i start to see,
    that it was there all along, and always will be.

so i wonder, is anyone else tripping without drugs??
    what got you to that state of mind??

2. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

ya, i experiment with stuff like this at school today i was concentrating on just wat it was like to be tripping and that rush it gets u and then i got a really quick like body buzz/tingling and i was getting MAD CEVS it was awesome but only lasted liek 10 seconds lol

3. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

At one point in time, i think i had charles bonnet syndrome. It normally occurs with older people who are blind or have vison disabilities. What happens is, when there is no imput from your eyes, or only a small amount of imput, your brain tries to fill in the missing spots(so to speak). Many of the things you see though, are horrible illogical and have no place in your present surroundings. It normally happens to me, or happened to me, in the dark when I'm trying to fall to sleep; my reasoning being that it's dark and I'm bored, so I'm not getting much visual imput. I'm seen some strange things too. Look at my desk and my computer, it turned into a whaling ship. I was sleeping on my friend's couch for a while, and she has these angels made of hay, like decorative. Well, they turned into old 1800 school teachers, writing on a chalk board. It does'nt happen much anymore, but I can make it come back a bit, if I concetrate on something.

4. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

Not neccesarily tripping, but feeling HIgh. Many times that has happened to me, without the use of any drugs. I can't really explain it.. it has happened a couple of times.. and I get in this great state of mind, is amazing.

Also when I talk to my best friend and she's doing something, it can be on person, on msn or on the phone, but I always feel this buzz. She always tells me, I smoke and you get high :p

5. loverofthewoods

loverofthewoods Member

happens to me all the time...i just asume its from all the psychedelics iv taken

6. NightOwl1331

NightOwl1331 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I know exactly what you mean. ;)

7. Moonjava

Moonjava Senior Member

Yea, I've had these feelings recently. The other night i was laying awake in bed and i had some christmas lights on and I looked at my wall and I swear, it moved!! It freaked me out more than anything because I did shrooms once, and I just hope they haven't fucked up my mind forever. Is that possible?
    Peace,
    Moonjava

8. maybejusthappy

maybejusthappy Member

yeah, I think its from the drugs I've taken in the past cuz I don't think it ever happened before I started doing drugs. But it's cool!

9. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

I did a few minutes ago; stuff was breathing.

10. Psilodelix

Psilodelix Member

I found that years before I first took a psychedelic voyage I had still expirenced a change of conscinouss with out any substances. What I found to happen was I would be doing what ever I was up to but something or someone would trigger a monemnet of full conscinouss. It would only last for a fraction of a second and then before you even realized it, it was gone... for a split second you felt you had something amazing to say and sometimes even a revalation or two. you could physically feel that it had shot up but only to go back down to baseline. My personal theory is that psychedelics just simply open that door and keep it open longer... with a six to twelve hour look there is a lot more that you can take away.

11. drbeaker

drbeaker Member

I've had similar experiences lately hello, but since I have a history of LSD expermentation, I usually write them off as flashbacks.

12. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

Oh, if you talk about seeing things such as CEVs and imagining what all could be happening around you (you just don't have the ability to fabricate it into existance), that's me right there. I can imagine entire cenarios in my mind's eye, long stories about crazy adventures; you name it. I've been able to do that even before I tried LSD.

13. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

The only drugs I've ever used are Weed and E.. and only once coke. But the other day I realized that whenever I'm laying in bed.. trying to sleep I get this crazy images in my head.. and is hard to stop them from coming, is not like they bother me but more of why in hell I'm imagining this?? it makes no sense.

It always happens to me, I guess I just have a very vivid imagination, is like I'm watching a movie inside my head, I can't control what goes on.

The last one I remember, I was laying in this white bedroom, on a white bed, and lots and lots of dogs started walking into the room, walking around me... and then they turned into cats. I guess if anyone could see my thoughts they would think I'm crazy.. wait a sec.. I think I am :p

14. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Sure. Chemicals are ONE avenue to cognitive differences.

Kinda like training wheels.

Friend of mine makes jokes about Johnson's Baby Training Acid (X), and I know that at a good show, all the waves synch up just right and I'm off.........

15. underwhelmed

underwhelmed Member

i dont think i could have explained it better than that. this happens to me usually during school, ill start ot think, then my mind takes off away form this world!!! and when i try to explain to soemoen next to me what just happened...i dont know how to say it!

16. Psilodelix

Psilodelix Member

It just serves as another clue to the puzzle of the place of psychedelics in the human existance...

Nature/the universe works in perfect rythem, syncronoization, and balance. Psychoactives help point that out... although we can always see this stuff if we knew how to look.

17. tiki_god7

tiki_god7 Member

If you check out a book called 'Heaven and Hell' by Aldous Huxley I think you'll find a plethora of information on what your talking about.....He ingested mescaline and wrote about his trip in a book called "Doors of Perception" and then another called Heaven and Hell in which he goes into great detail the affects of tripping on the brain and other non chemical ways of achieving it.....like being completely depriving your sense organs of any perceptions, chamber singers, fasting, or breathing exercises.......if you check out a book called "Be Here Now" by Ram Dass (formerly a psychologist and colleague of Timothy Leary) you will find that forms of meditation are tripping induced states (kinda)...

18. Psilodelix

Psilodelix Member

I agree with everything you said that's possible to agree on. I'm quite aware of the nature of Huxley's work but have not had the chance to personally read any of his works. Of course sensory depravation is another method of acheiving the effects but still lacks the viability i seek. i seek to be able to show people without giving them anything, people are just too drug-phobic to intorduce them all to the universe with our sacrements, they need to be weened on not turned on. i'm gonna check out that book by Ram Dass...sounds helpful...

-PsDX

19. beatlerific

beatlerific not like other girls

no shrooms cannot fuck up your mind forever. especially if you've only done them once.

20. MagnanimityMan

MagnanimityMan Member

i used to be really into shrooms. i noticed i started becoming pretty detached, but after pulling myself together a bit, i stopped and noticed myself becoming what i used to be, mentally. i dont htink they mess you up perminantly either. her eyes might have been adjusting to the light, which made the illusion of the moving light.
    but, as of bonnaroo i haven't taken any in probably close to 8 months... i tripped long and hard at bonnaroo, and still haven't really came completely down. i'm still very light and slow, lifted and unconditionally cheerful. i think it's all my mind. i know it needed a good trip, and i think i'm good for a while now.

how are you beatlerific? =) i always come upon your comments. at least more then anyone elses. or it's probably that beautiful picture that stands out. regardless. how are things?

and as for the homegirl who wrote about the moving lights and whatnot. you shouldn't think twice of your shroom experience causing perminant problems. =). you're awllllright.