ever STYLE your dreads?

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by MoonjavaSeed, Jan 27, 2005.

1. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

i mean aside from leaving them down or throwin em in a ponytail or a hat, do you ever style them? :D

2. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

yes I wear them in pigtails, I twist sections together... lots of different things but thats all I can think of now.

3. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

Yup :) i pigtail them. i put it up on top of my head i tied things into them, i put them in hats. All kinda of things :) when they are longer it will be even better :)

4. Diddy Dreads

Diddy Dreads Member

Wow they look funky :D

5. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

no i dont have dreads.....

6. [Gez]

[Gez] Member

hey im wondering if any guys do anything with their dreads. I think pig tails look really cute on girl dreadys but i dont really think i could pull off that look lol. Anything you guys do do make them a bit more interesting but not look too girly.

7. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

Umm try decorating them with some fabric? Or making some funky head bands to hold them back with. If you buy a pair of looong socks (you know the ones you can get in funky colours and stripes) they work cool or just cut offs of fabric.

Also just pulling a few dreads from the front and sides right back and tieing them either by themselfs or with a band (depending on length of the dreads) looks cool

Or if you tie all your dreads in lots of knotts (if they are kinda short this is) tie a few of them together in a knott at the roots and the ends all stick up in funny directions. I've tied UV braclets into my dreads and done this before when going raving.

Pony tail the top half of the dreads and leace the rest down.

tie them all on top of your head like a palm tree :D

*scratches head* ummmm

thats alli can think of right now :)

8. [Gez]

[Gez] Member

hehe thanks for the suggestions, my girlfriend tied them all in knotts once but i dint like the feel of it so i took them out before seeing what it looked like, maybe il try that agen lol. Il try to post some pics soon, all your dreads look great, mine are 7 months old and im pretty pleased with them :)

9. Flutterby

Flutterby Member

I have several guy friends with dreads, and they all pull their hair into pigtails on occasion. It's fun, and it makes people do double takes. I love it, I think it proves that they aren't afraid to do what they want. It's not a matter of being able to pull it off.
    My suggestion is to just play with them. Try to do different things with them, you'll find something that you love. When they get longer, you can have a ton of fun with them, especially if you have really thick hair. You can braid them, pull them back, pull them up, wrap them, stuff them, pile them, stack them. I love to put mine right on top of my head. They stick out everywhare, and it's great!