Ever see the beatles in concert?

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by We_All_Shine_On, May 8, 2004.

1. Helter-Skelter

Helter-Skelter Member

I wouldn't have been like al the girls screaming and begging to see them or pass out or anything. What I would want most in the world from The Beatles is to sit down and talk to them. Get their perception of things, discuss just what they were thinking when they wrote some of their songs :D

2. poor_old_dad

poor_old_dad Senior Member

Yeah, saw them September 16, 1964. $5.00 per ticket.

July 5th, 1969 was a good day too. Rolling Stones (& King Krimson & others) at Hyde Park (London), then across town ... The Who ( & Chuck Berry) at Albert Hall.

Peace,
    poor_old_dad

3. travellingman

travellingman Member

once I meet George Harrison when he was first going out with Pattie Boyd I was going out with her younger sister Paula And we were all around her mothers house for Christmas in Wimbledon Park London crazy times. I really wish I had been at Woodstock that must have been QUOTE=We_All_Shine_On]has anyone on here ever been so lucky?[/QUOTE]

4. CPL Clegg

CPL Clegg Member

As I was reading this line the song "Yesterday" came on...weird...

5. ^Candy^

^Candy^ Guest

Yes when they were at Los Angeles Dodgers Stadium in 1965. I won my ticket when KRLA radio had a contest where they would play the first couple bars of a Beatle song backwards. I was able to name one and got 2 tickets to the concert.

6. LucyintheSkywithDiamonds

LucyintheSkywithDiamonds Member

I would do anything to have meet John Lennon!! He is my biggest Idol. I seriously was born in the wrong era... angelgodiva that's unbelievable!! I watched a documentary about that concert, but talking to John himself, I'm really jealous :p hehe

[​IMG]

7. OldLodgeSkins

OldLodgeSkins Member

I saw them at DC Stadium in Washington (don't know what that stadium is called now). That was in 1965, I believe. To be honest, it was a terrible show, although nobody really cared. As others have said, it was The Beatles, man! They only played for 20-30 minutes, and you were lucky if you could even determine what song they were doing.

That wasn't too long after John's "Jesus" remark, and feelings were still running a little high about it. At one point during the show, some fool broke through the police line and ran out to the stage, which was set up over second base. He actually got onto the stage and went after Lennon, who calmly ducked out of the way and went on playing. By that time the cops caught up to the fool, and hauled him away. The group never missed a beat.

8. SpaceTrippin

SpaceTrippin Banned

I did but not in person I bugged my parents to let me watch them on Ed Sullivan and they let me. I think it was their second time on his show. 65 I guess.

I'll never forget it they looked just like the bubblegum cards that I was collecting haha

9. larryelkhart

larryelkhart Member

No, I didn't. It would have been fun to at least seen one concert.