Ever see the beatles in concert?

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by We_All_Shine_On, May 8, 2004.

1. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

has anyone on here ever been so lucky?

2. angelgodiva

angelgodiva Senior Member

Yes; I did, as a matter of fact, when I was thirteen at Shea Stadium in 1966.
    The tickets were about $12.
    When I met John eight years later, he was very amused when I told him I had not enjoyed the concert that much. It was cool seeing the Beatles, but the crowd was so ridiculously loud that the music was all but inaudible. The only time they could really be heard was when Paul sang Yesterday.
    John asked if I had asked for my money back.
    "No," I told him. "I got my ticket free for winning a radio contest. If I had paid for it, I would have, though."
    He laughed his ass off. He was really cool.

FORUM MOM

3. Alomiakoda

Alomiakoda Boniface McSporran

My mum did :)

4. acid*rain~bow

acid*rain~bow Member

i´m SO jealous!

(bah...maybe in my former life i DID see them..thinking of it, i´m starting to feel pretty certain...)

:p

5. fylthevoyd

fylthevoyd Super Moderator

Never had the chance to see the Beatles.I did have the pleasure of seeing
    The Who before Keith Moon died,and Led Zepplin before John Bohnam died so I guess I was fortunate in that aspect.

6. We_All_Shine_On

AngelGodiva you are the single luckiest person in the world. Do you have any idea what I would give to meet john lennon? I'm so madly in love with him! omg I would've friggin passed out if he ever spoke to me

7. AoXoMoXoA420

AoXoMoXoA420 Member

Hehe...

Angel has done a lot more with John Lennon than just meet him...

8. We_All_Shine_On

if they facked, she's my frigin fucking holy hero

9. Willow-Bridget-Love

Willow-Bridget-Love Member

oh my fucking GODS!! you saw the Beatles!!!

and you met the most utter vessel of hotness and amazing talent, and songwriting, and the things he did in this world, and wow.. woow... hes soo.. woow.. and you met him!
    go you!

erm.. yeah.. but i have my own person of hotness to make out with so im happy... lol... my girlfriend.... no! i dont own her! but i love her... and for now, at least shes mine, we both love eachother, and have written dozens of poetry about the other..

10. livlvlife

livlvlife Member

would not let me go when they were in the area!!! my friend's cool mom was taking a group, but mine thought I was too young to go see those loud, long haired hippies! :(
    she did buy me the first album later. I still remind her of that :)
    because I was so tramatized by what I thought was her decision my whole life, when my daughters were soooo in love with New Kids on the Block, I bought them tickets to go (OMG WHAT WAS I THINKING??????) :eek:

Now, I think she said no 'cause my dad was a cop and she was giving his answer (I would come home from school and find her playing my album).....think she really wanted to go with me. Even at $10 a ticket, when you have 4 kids, a low paying job, it was expensive!!

11. Tye Dye Jim

Tye Dye Jim Member

The closest I ever got to seeing the Beatles was, Paul Mc Cartney and Wings at MSG in 1976.

12. angelgodiva

John was a great guy, very shy, actually, and somewhat insecure, but yes, he was a legend--still is, and always will be. Since some of you like him so much, I have one of my favorite pictures to share from when he was in L.A. back in 1974. Enjoy, you most likely never saw this one. The second piccie is just an old seldom seen shot from his Hamburg days, and I keep it in my files because he just looks so freaking hot in those tight, leather pants! Have a great day, all!

13. BornInTheWrongGenera

BornInTheWrongGenera Member

:eek:

Angelgodiva, you are my hero! *bows down*

Wow...I mean, I wasn't even fortunate enough to breathe the same air as John Lennon. But you actually met the guy!!

You know, I've wanted to meet Ringo ever since I was a wee little girl who was obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine. And I'm still holding on to that dream, man! lol He might tour next year, so here's hopin'.

14. blackeyedcrow

blackeyedcrow Member

15. angelgodiva

Well, yes, but that is true of many women. What is more important to me was getting to know him, as that was special in my case, not just having a one night stand. Not that the other part wasn't very nice indeed!

16. blackeyedcrow

blackeyedcrow Member

17. Manolao

Manolao Member

ahhhhhhhhhh.... you spoke with Him!! u spoke with Him!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

18. Manolao

Manolao Member

ehm... is there here a half-hidden revelation?????????????

I mean... what do u mean with "well, yes"...?????? :eek:

19. BornInTheWrongGenera

BornInTheWrongGenera Member

:eek:

Hehe. If we keep it up, our eyes are gonna pop right out of our heads. ;)

20. Pablo

Pablo Member

angelgodiva, if you dont mind my asking, you used to be under the name mistressofdelights right?