ever met anyone online?

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by shadowd_dreamr, Feb 14, 2005.

1. shadowd_dreamr

shadowd_dreamr Senior Member

I met about 7 people that I spoke to first online...
    I only stayed friends with two.

My best friend was a member of a petforum when I met her. we chatted on msn a bit then we met..

we have been friends for two years..

has anyone eles met anyone online in real life.... wow real life!! hahaa sorry that just sounded funny....

2. gdhmomchild

gdhmomchild Duct tape abuser

~* Yeah, I've met 14 people from the forums and hippychat. Two personal relationships. You just have to be aware and a bit careful, but they were all people I had been talking to for some time. *~

3. carnelian

carnelian Member

oh my, i've probably met like 30 people that i've got to know online. i have two best friends and one of them i got to know online. haha, we went to the same school but it was on the internet we started talking.

4. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

nope... I don't think.....

5. psycho dub

psycho dub Member

i posted my pic on some forum and in Walmart randomly walked by another forum member who also posted his pic, we recognized each other funny shit. i went to his house once, well twice cuz i forgot my gloves the first time and had to get em back.

6. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

All I can say about those I have met in person is :rolleyes: :eek: and :mad:

7. mkc414

mkc414 Member

I think that was how i got an STD

8. jen910

jen910 Senior Member

I've met a few people. I met my current boyfriend in a yahoo chat room.

9. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

yea... i've met a couple people from online before.... probably about 10 or so.... had relationships with a few of them..... 2 or 3 to be exact......

10. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

yeah, one, but she was a little off. we got together for a playdate ~her kid kept attacking my kid and she just let him. it was strange

11. Casperthesheet

Casperthesheet Member

I've met plenty of people from online. I'm actually writing this from my girlfriends house who I met online.

Casper

12. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

I met moonoverthemountain when I was hiking the Appalachian Trail in '98. Hadn't seen her since '00 'til she joined Hipforums. I almost met Personface at Schwagstock but I overslept and missed the Hipforums meetings.

13. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Yesterday I met someone I had been emailing for 2 years or so :)

This guy I know who works at a video copying store......... I gave him a PAL VHS MOVIE he is gonna copy to an NTSC tape for me in MONO :)

I love his store!!!!!

14. I've met quite a few people online, but I only remain friends with a couple of them these days. My current lady friend I met on a free dating site. She contacted me and we've been talking for six months and spent three nights together because of the distance between us. One of the first people I met online four years ago was a woman I knew when we were teenagers. I was sixteen and she was fourteen and we hung with the same crowd but never dated or anything. Then 45 years later we met online but didn't know who each other was until we put two and two together and it was like OMG! We dated for a time and had some good sex but a lot of things change with time and she had been married three times like myself, had five kids and seven grandkids and didn't have time for a relationship.

15. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

I met my mate on-line from a Craig's List personal.

"OMG! You met on-line!? What if they're a serial killer?"
    "C'mon; what are the chances of two serial killers meeting on-line?

colloquial, jagerhans and Witoutit like this.
  16. Stranger things have happened. I always thought there should be a dedicated website for the lower crust like serial killers, rapists, weirdos, etc. They can meet and chat about their crap then meet. And after awhile they'll all either rape, kill, or maim each other out of the general population and eliminate the trouble of spending time and money prosecuting them and housing them in prison.

Dude111 likes this.
  17. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

Yep I made friends with a young man in this forum. We went to a Rainbow and later met again for a political happening/festival/concert. Then we split ways, I guess he's busy with his own life

18. Codemouse

Codemouse Dr. Spc. Cody

I have met a couple from here, good guys!

19. BenS Alaskan

BenS Alaskan Members

I’ve only meet you guys and gals

20. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Yes I met up with my old friend Vlad last year in Brighton.