Ever heard of: Home Remedy Emergency Contraceptive?? also other questions

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by goodvibes83, Nov 7, 2009.

1. goodvibes83

goodvibes83 Senior Member

http://sites.google.com/site/firsttrimesterabortion/

i am not posivite, but i am freaking out and this could be useful to others perhaps. I know you can't trust a site that has supports for its success that's on the same site that sells it, i mean you can, but since i've never heard of it before I think I am right to be skeptical.

Have yuo guys heard of this? known anyone to use it? if you guys would be so kind as to glance at it and give me your opinions on it i'd be very grateful...

also i am not one to count and plan out my period, I just don't I wait for it to come and i'm like oh its there. I remember when i had it the past two times it ended on like September 18th or 19th and then it came and I was on it on October 9th, probably ending on the 11th or so...the only reason I remember these is because of things that were happening at or around these times. So when I was worried about seeing someone special to me and trying to figure out if i would be on my period or not, i though i would...i calculated the time between those two peirods and assumed that i would be on my period around halloween. I was pissed. The weekend came and went, period. It s a week later, 4 weeks and a day since October 9th and i haven't started my period yet.

I had vaginal sex with my boyfriend ONCE, the rest of the time was anal. When he came he pulled out and the condom slid off. He is pretty sure the head was still in the condom though, but he isn't sure. We are both slightly freaking out right now. I took a lot of advil yesterday to thin my blood hoping that would start my period (it has before)...anyway i guess my last question is can the times between your periods be irregular? I thought I learned that most people had a set schedule, approximately the same amount of days between each period...so if someone could inform me of the truth, id be appreciated.

THANK YOU

2. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

miscarriages are incredibly painful. any "home remedy" and no i didnt check the page because i dont trust it, is going to induce miscarriage. i had a miscarriage at 6 weeks and 8 weeks (two separate, obviously) and it. was. horrible.
    i wasnt trying not to get pregnant though. you should be trying a lot harder. there are herbal abortifacants (sp?) but you need to find a qualified herbalist to treat you, and if it doesnt work you could be damaging the life you get stuck carrying.
    and for the love of the divine, mark your period on the calendar! its not hard, an added dot or whatever.

3. goodvibes83

i will from now on, you are right

you realize i'm not trying to get pregnant right????

and since i trust you are smarter than me in the sense that you note your periods dates on calendars, can it vary from 3 weeks one month to four plus another or is that rare?

4. goodvibes83

ALSO mother's love, i know you didn't click the link that I posted, but you mentioned herbal abortion methods and that is exactly what this claims to be...

5. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

i dont trust anything you buy online to put in your body. you need a doctor, a planned parenthood or something. you could hemmorage if you try home "remedies"

and yes i realize you were not trying to get pregnant, but at 22 why are you relying only on condoms? there are enough options out there now to choke a horse.

you can fluctuate greatly based on stress and other factors, but without keeping track theres no way to tell if you ARE fluctuating. you need to see a doctor.

6. MaccaByrd

MaccaByrd Member

Something about the look of that site doesn't sit well with me.

7. Zorba The Grape

Zorba The Grape Gavagai?

The site's bullshit, plain and simple. Not sure I'd trust Planned Parenthood too much either though...

8. letmeSleep

letmeSleep Member

I trust Planned Parenthood with my life, personally.

Although I understand some people don't want to take artificial hormones to prevent pregnancy, there's a reason you should always double up on contraception methods if you are really that worried about getting pregnant. Use a condom and the pill. Use a condom and a diaphragm. Use a condom and whatever else you choose.

Home remedies are generally bullshit in my book, especially in concern to your female health. Go to a planned parenthood or other free clinic and get some real medical advice. Don't try ingesting or inserting something that may harm you in the long term.
    As for your concerns about periods...mine are always irregular and I'm on the pill, have been on it for almost eight years now. I do fiddle around with my pill packs and will skip the inactive pills (the ones without any hormones that you take the week you're supposed to have your period), so that is why my menstruation is irregular, but I've also never gotten pregnant even if I choose to forego using a condom.
    Some women are very regular with their periods, others not so much.
    Go buy a pregnancy test at the store as well, just in case. It might make you feel better for the time being.

9. goodvibes83

yeah i decided to get back on the pill, but i am starting with loestrin which has low dosages of the horomones or whatever, and so it is only 96 percent effective. I have talked it over with my boyfriend, until I get on stronger stuff we will be using condoms plus BC

thank goodness i prefer anal :)

10. Argiope aurantia

Argiope aurantia Member

The site doesn't seem to be there anymore. I wonder why. No, don't buy an online product for this. There are herbal methods. Mugwort tea, twice daily is one of the oldest methods of, er, restarting the menstrual cycles. It does all sorts of funky things to them, though, and I wasn't even pregnant. I was just so stressed that I was a day or two late and I took it to cure insomnia. It does that wonderfully, and produces really trippy dreams (My crayons are singing! Do I even own crayons? :D).

However, I have never tried it for abortion, nor have I ever seen it used, and in no way do I suggest playing with it unless really damned desperate (I.E. absolutely NO access to Planned Parenthood). Don't flame me. I'm just spreading the information.

If you're concerned, get an EPT. As for marking the cycles, I've gone for as many as four months without a cycle for nothing more than stress. BC pills evened me out to the day, but that placebo week got tense until I started checking my basal temperature. Get a thermometer and a calendar. Every morning (Or whatever. Use the longest usual sleep of the day) upon waking, take your temperature and record it on your calendar. If you're not feverish, your temp shouldn't vary more than a few tenths of a degree.

I'm usually 98.4, but I've been from 98.1 to 99.0. I'm going from my own internet research here, and if anyone can back me up or correct me please do so, but if you're not on birth control there should be a couple of days where your waking temperature will be a couple of degrees higher. These are your fertile days, and sex will likely impregnate you. If the waking temperature spikes like that and stays for a couple of weeks, start making plans. You're preggers. Mark your cycle days on the calendar as well, so you can at least estimate. I mark when I have sex, too, in case I conceive so I can guess the due date myself.

I check mine daily and use the Pill, but mostly so I'm not nervous during the placebo week. We're not financially ready yet, so we're actively trying not to conceive, but every time I bleed we're both a little disappointed.