Ever had, "I've never met anybody like you" turn into

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by TheChaosFactor, Jan 21, 2005.

1. TheChaosFactor

TheChaosFactor Senior Member

"I can't believe you're just like the rest of them"? I hate that. So much. Happens with every girl I meet. They see who I am, but ignore it because it's not who I am to them. They see me make jokes day in and day out about everybody around me and they're ok with it until the jokes are about them. Or they see me get real sarcastic and short with people that are pissing me off, and it's "perfectly acceptable" until they're the one I'm getting sarcastic with. "Why do you ha ve to fuckin make jokes all the time, I'm trying to be serioius here" is another one I get a lot. Bitch, that's how I got your attention was my sense of humor and my refusal to take life too seriously, now all of the sudden it's a fucking problem? Grrrrrr..... Women are crazy. I'll never again make a committment to a girl until I've royally pissed her off. That way she cant act surprised like it never happened before.

2. lynsey

lynsey Banned

heh i know exactly what you mean. I dated someone last summer who said he dug me because he thought I was smart as soon as i put away the dumb blonde act and started being the person that he said attracted him to me int he first place he couldn't handle it. Something happened that caused us to part ways right before I think he was about to dump me for being smart.

3. Adgreyga

Adgreyga Member

wow, i dont kno if your into astrology thechaosfactor but you and me are both pisces n i can see where ur coming from
    its usually from my friends tho, cuz im always a sweet helpful person who doesnt really i guess you can say push for much, n alot of my friends are sarcastic and make jokes n jone n stuff, and when they do it to me they act all surprised when i can completely out-smart-ass them to the point where they cant make any jokes back

maybe its that when (and im kinda goin into the pisces thing here) your gf gets used to the sweet side and forgets the other part that they were attracted to when they meet you, which isnt your fault its theirs-but it sounds like im assuming this, so you can ignore the last part if you want

4. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

"and they're ok with it until the jokes are about them"

um, probably because when you're in a deep, caring relationship you dont' expect to be mocked and made fun of by your significant other. There's a big fucking difference between teasing in a fun way, and insulting. Would you still want to be with a girl after she made fun of everything you did? Mocked every aspect of your person? I highly doubt it.

If it's just one or two jokes, yeah, maybe they're being unreasonable. If the jokes consist of 'wow you're such a bitch", maybe that's not unreasonable to be upset about. Very situational.

5. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

i dont think he was being callous to them,
    but when you meet the person and they are like that and start dating them and then later in the relationship you have a problem with it, then i think that its that persons fault. You knew how they were, and then you want to say something about it later on in the relationship...
    Point is, if they knew how he was and didnt like it, they shouldnt have been in a relatioship with him, plain and simple..

6. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

That's one way to weed them out I guess.... ;)

7. TheChaosFactor

exactly. It's like this: her: "Hey, she's got longer hair then he does." (about a bald man) me: "Isn't that how it normally is?"

I'm not trying to make fun of them, just trying to make them laugh at something they'd laugh at if it were aimed at somebody else.

8. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

man.......you have not met the right one...

namely, me

9. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

So what you seem to be saying is, you don't understand why girls are attracted to you knowing you're obnoxious to other people and then turned off when you are obnoxious toward them?

I'd say that the answer lies in the notion that their judgment in picking a boyfriend is out of whack.

This is fuel to the argument that girls allow themselves to get attracted to guys who act like "assholes."

You're a guy who thinks nothing of starting off a sentence, "Bitch..."

It sounds like the girls are coming to their senses after first being tricked (by media? movies? television?) into thinking that it's cool to be with a guy with a "cool asshole" attitude.

You seem to want to point out that the problem must be more likely with all of them than with you and how you act. Your "thing" is to snag girls who like a guy who comes across as a not-serious-about-life smartass? And then you begrudge them the fact that they don't want you to be like that 100% of the time?! :rolleyes:

-Jeffrey

10. peacefuljeffrey

Or maybe it was the way you suck cock.

Hey, did you ask him? If you didn't, how can you know?

-Jeffrey

11. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

hahaha wtf :D I must say that the whole media thing made me laugh my ass off. Especially how we are tricked by the media, movie, and television :D Yep, we ladies are sure being tricked :rolleyes:
    Let me ask you this God, er, I'm sorry Jeffrey, why do you think you know so much about women? When it is so painfully obvious that you don't? And I wont even go into what you said to Lynsey...

12. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

so much for that "I'll behave..." shit

13. purple grass

purple grass Member

That's happened to me countless times, it's unavoidable.

14. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

33 Year old who would of thought..

15. Ziggystardust

Ziggystardust Member

Jeffrey (I won't preface this with peaceful judging by the content of the majority of your posts), you need to look, listen and learn - you can learn from anyone's experience of life if you are genuinely open minded, everyone's a teacher. You won't learn much if you keep seeing others' experiences and comments through your own mental filtering process or belief system.

Even when you live or work with someone, you don't know that person as well as you think you do, much less when you converse over the internet.

ZS

16. TheChaosFactor

Really? So now you know how I treat women? I talk about making too many jokes all the time, and you just want to run like hell with it.

Bitch, you don't know me.......... I mean...Alright, this isn't easy. I don't talk disrespectfully to my girlfriends like that. Period. It's unexcusable. I do fairly good with not even raising my voice at them. I have a lot of issues, but I treat girls as well as I can.

Snag girls? Yeah right. I can count the number of girls I've dated on two hands. I can count the number of girls I've slept with on one hand. I never said I don't understand why they get frustrated with me, but don't come at me acting like you don't know where the behavior is coming from. Don't come to me knowing I'm a 24/7 smart ass and then complain about it. Or know that I have bad anxiety and then scream at me for making a small joke in the middle of an argument when I need to to calm down. Jeffrey, why can't you just leave me the fuck alone?

17. TheChaosFactor

When a girl calls me, at my house, and after I answer the phone she says, "You haven't left yet?", than I don't think it's too horrible for me to say "Yeah I did, I just took the cordless with me." I make small jokes like that a lot, to everybody around me.

I don't judge anything they do. When I ask a girl how many guys she's had, and she tells me "23" I don't say anything about it. If she does something dumb and is embarrassed about it, I don't sit there and humiliate her or anything like that. I don't aim to degrade, which is why they like the jokes in the first place. Just not all the time.

What kind of asshole do you take me for?

18. TheChaosFactor

:eek: Depends on how long you could keep up with the jokes I guess ;)

19. peacefuljeffrey

I guess I went off a little over-eager to be critical of you in that one (and the suck-cock one to Lynsey was supposed to be in jest, but I think I forgot a :) )

I think it took some balls to say some of the above stuff, actually.
    Well, you keep dealin' with your issues and I'll keep dealin' with mine...

-Jeffrey

20. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

That would be to easy.