Ever feel like you're caught in your own life?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Lodui, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I need to change something really radically.

I don't really know what I'm looking for, but I don't think I've found it.

Maybe life is a search to find what you're looking for.

I get philosophical when I drink.

The meaning of life is probably to have some kids and not fuck 'em up too bad. [​IMG]

2. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

when I do feel like that, I scratch down the walls, because they are made of paper

3. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I think a lot of people on this forum need to be a little more caught up in their own life and less in other's.

Aren't you going to the language institue soon?

4. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Pft, probably not for 6 months or so.

In the meantime, I've gotta move somewhere better, or stick around in the desert. [​IMG]

I am teaching a Karate class on mondays during the summer though. I don't even know much Karate. [​IMG]

5. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

people should definitely be more involved in their own life and not in others....
    and i love being philosphical when i'm drunk, its not happening tonight, but i used to have friends, that would come over we'd get drunk and high and have debates on society and the government and just everything...
    i miss that...

6. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

You should probably move too.

Only you can prevent bad insulation.

[​IMG]

7. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

haha, life is always changeable, unitl you get tied down by the wrong person or end up in San Quentin, or one then the other

8. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I'm not being paid to teach it of course. And the building doesn't have air conditioning.

There needs to be a puking avatar.

9. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

yea, i feel i need to change something...it might be changing schools, might be a new major...or it might be totally different...i dunno though...

10. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I feel philosopical when I'm sober too, I'm just usually so annoyed by *some* peoples opinions I try not to talk about them unless I feel some righteous indiegnation.

11. dhs

dhs Senior Member

I most certainly feel that I am in a rut professionally. I'm fairly satisfied with my compensation, but get pretty bored with my work quite easily. I literally have to have something extreme, like meeting an ex president, occur for me to be exciting about my work most days. That's an exageration, somedays I do truly love what I do, but they are becoming fewer and fewer.

So, I'm going to attempt to change my course by getting a Master's degree and change careers. It's a catch22 though in that I need to keep my current job and stick to it for the next three /four years in order to afford as well as have the time flexibilty to get a Master's. Hopefully I can 'fake it' enough and continue to do a decent job in my current position such that my employer keeps me around while I go after what I think is right for me.

12. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

welcome to me last week
    when I wanted to run away, radical change n all

So change something. Paint something, pick up a new hobby, go out and meet new people, find a new job, take a summer class, take a dance class, start going out every other thursday dressed as a clown. Something, just do it, just try it, see where it goes from there
    if nothing else, it'll be a learning experience

13. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

You should DEFINITELY take a dance class, Lodui.

Does wonders for the soul.

Or you can look at some boobs online...they both serve the same purpose.

14. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Yeah, I do have plenty of options open to me.

Nothing seems that exotic right now though. It's just a phase I know.

Whenever I get in a funk I seem to drink more though, so I definatly need to start going back to my Karate class. I think I will accept the teaching position. It'll definatly give me something to look forward to in the week.

Drinkings fun every once and a while, but I worry that I use it to escape being depressed sometimes, which I knows stupid because excessive drinking slows down the production of Serotonin. which makes you more in a funk.

You're completly right kayleigh. [​IMG]

15. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

ooooh, teach yourself to play a new instrument
    or take a drum making class
    take tae kwon do or jujitsu while teaching karate
    sommmmmething
    (I still think the dressing as a clown every other thursday is a good idea, but that's me)

16. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

What kind of dance do you do Annie?

I know a few people who do Capoeira, and it looks soultastic. A good combination of break dancing and ass kicking. [​IMG]

Boobs online are cool too, but something so easy to get seems like it woudn't be as spiritually rewarding.

I mean google.com/images

search: boobs.

Don't get me wrong though, I love breasts. Love 'em. [​IMG]

Really. But just doesn't seem overly rewarding. Deep spiritual enrichment is the result of patcience, dilegence, hard work, meditation, and finding a special pair of boobs to nuzzle up with.

17. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I hate clowns. [​IMG]

I was a brown belt in TKD. I know a bit of Jui Jitsu, but I've always wanted to learn more.

No where here teaches it though. I've beeen taking aki jutsu, which is quite a bit different from aikido, in terms that it's more like jui-jitsu, (ground grapling, but still has many of the throwing elements of traditional aiki.)

I'm probably just rambling now though.

Thanks for all the suggestions though guys. It's good to know that you're all looking out for me.

18. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

I just wanna make you dance or get uber buff, that's all
    self interests at heart :D

19. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I'm still a little lean. Only 170 ish, I could stand to gain 15 pounds.

Hey self intrest about me is still charming. [​IMG]

20. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

I'll trade ya, give you 15 lbs, I could lose some
    (admittedly mine's mostly pudge, not muscly goodness)