Ever Been Arrested Because of Weed?

Discussion in 'Busted!' started by Willy_Wonka_27, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

Have you ever been arrested cause of the herb?
    I have...saddly

Why, and where were you arrested and how did it go down?

How much was your bail?

Did you serve time, comunity service, probation, etc.?

2. wonderboy

wonderboy the secret of your power!

i havent, but a great idea for a thread

3. mushroomherb

mushroomherb Member

i was arrested cuz my dealer ratted on me after he got caught, they got me cuz i was high as hell and had a stem in my pocket. i told em hell yea its weed! i love it!....i got 3 years probation

4. Peace_love_equality

Peace_love_equality Member

wait, u got 3 years for a stem! holy fuck! where do u live?

5. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

I got caught riding a bike at like 2 in the morning, and I was drunk, so they gave me a DUI, an they searched me and found a L and a bag about an 8th in it. They dropped the weed charges though and just made me sleep over and fined me for the drinking.

6. steve704

steve704 Member

i have a funny story to tell you........ im at a street race in a dark secluded canyon with about 20 cars..... the canyon is a 2 lane road notorious for street racing all the way back to muslce cars.... its super dark....and Im chilln on the side of the road with everyone else watching people race for hours and hours... then my friend lines up to race a guy.... somehow a cop snuck up behind our racers since the road has no lighting..... and right when the guys were about to race the cop pulls over my friend...... we all take off........ and so does my friend lol... in the end the cop chases my friend in the big group of 20 cars , pulls him over... and find out hes been drinking.... has about an eight of weed in the back of his car and hes high as hell...... soo the cop says " I know you were racing and it looks to me like you have a lot of drugs on you plus you tried to outrun me in the group, so im just going to give you a speeding ticket " ..... everyone at that race was shocked to find out he was let go since most cops when they come there they impound the racers car and put him in jail for awhile.... funniest shit ever... later on my friend raced on that same road and got caught by the same cop and he then got his car impounded and had a big fuckn fine

7. Night_Owl49

Night_Owl49 Since 2006

8. napolean inrags95

napolean inrags95 Member

i got busted for distro in a school zone about 2 years ago,someone tipped the school dare cop off and he followed me after school and watched me sell this kid a bag down the street from the school....shit was beat. i only had two grams on me when i was arrested, and since i was a minor and it was my first offense my charge was downgraded to loitering/disorderly persons (i had a good lawyer) and i had to do one year probation. the probation was a breeze, no drug testing, just went in for a meeting monthly and that was that. i think i had a fine of about 300 dollars, but i didnt have bail set, i was realeased with a pending court date that day.

9. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

1st time, '67:

gave someone I thought was a friend a handfull of weed, got busted for sales, sentenced to 9 months in jail/5 yrs. probation.

2nd time '70:
    Got pulled over for being a hippy, got arrested for a joint, charges dropped after I spent 3 days in jail awaiting arrainment.

3rd time '81:
    Was arrested for cultivation. Released OR. Pled no contest to poss., $75.00 fine, 6 months summary prob., record of arrest/conviction expunged from my record.

10. mellow

mellow Eased

Never been caught by anyone I didn't want to get caught by.

11. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i havent been busted ever for pot... and i've been smokin for over 12yrs now... *knocks on wood*

12. boothy

boothy Senior Member

Nope, I can't be arrested anymore, unless I start dealing. It's no longer an arrestable offense for possesion here in the UK.

Even when it was, the police tended to ignore it, just a few harmless kids.

13. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I was arrested at a Grateful Dead show in San Diego, but the cops were more concerned with the 10 sheets of acid that the half ounce of weed. I sat in the hugely overcrowded jail for about a week. Being a vegetarian, I made friends with a few very large and mean looking locals by trading my meat for their veggies at meals. After a week I was just let go and told to get out of town. They kept my skateboard and about $2000. Thank Jah for their recent parole sweep and overcrowding.

At another Dead show in Chicago I was rolling a joint while sitting on the tail of a friends station wagon. I looked up and two cops were looking at me, one with his hand out. "Give that to me!" he said. I did. He looked at the bag, shook the contents into separate corners of the baggie, ripped it in half and handed half to his partner. He then thanked me for the best weed they had scored that night. I started to be a smart ass, but remembering the ounce still in my backpack I told him he was welcome.

And another time while I was working in Lagos, Nigeria we were stopped at a roadblock enroute to see Fela play at the African Shrine. The search turned up about a gram of local weed in my pocket. Two Africans I had been working with and myself were the loaded into the back of some sort of military truck and then guarded with automatic weapons pointed at us. While the owner of the company was pleading and bribing the cops to let us go a BMW goes flying through the roadblock without stopping. The guards immediately start firing their automatic weapons over our heads and between us in the back of the truck trying to hit the speeding car. The two Africans in the truck with me dive into a ditch full of sewage while the company boss hit the ground. I am too astounded to move and just sit their with my mouth agape, bullets passing on both sides of me. In the end we gave them all the cash we had, about $300, and went on our way. Fela played a great show that night. I put my weed in my shoe the next night when we went to see King Sonny Ade.

Those are my three non-busts in 25 years of being a smoker.

14. SagaciousKJB2

SagaciousKJB2 Member

Nope, I've never been arrested for any offense, actually. I'm a good boy. :p I think it has more to do with being only 17.

I've only smoked for a bout 2 years, but I've very careful with it. I rarely if ever smoke in public (and when I do it's usually a secluded area), and I always lock up my pot and paraphernalia in a lock-box in the car. I was told that the cops can't search the contents of a locked box...

I don't know if that's true or not, but I remember one cop thought it was the lock to the dash. Told me to open it, and I told him it was already opened. Man, that guy was pissed he didn't find the ounce he was smelling. I told him that I had just come from a friend's house that was a major pot-head and that's why he smelled it, and to give me a field sobriety test. He just wrote me a ticket for failure to yield (because I didn't come to a complete stop for 5 seconds at the stop sign, fucking bored cops, I hate 'em), and left me.

15. SagaciousKJB2

SagaciousKJB2 Member

I think the penalty for posession in the UK is a fine. I'm not entirely sure how it works there, but it's a class C narcoic now.

16. passittotheleft

passittotheleft Senior Member

No arrests, no close calls

17. boothy

boothy Senior Member

The police still have the power to confiscate the weed if necesary, but I don't know whether buying is actually illegal. I would say it would still be an arrestable offense under the "supply" laws. The punishment for the buyer obviously may be to just give a statement or a caution, and let go.

In terms of dealers, they don't get too harsh punishments anyway. The worse I have heard of was a dealer with £20,000 ($37,000) of ganja in his basment. This guy made soapbar a lot so really it wasn't all that much pure cannabis, but it all went down in court. He got 6 months, and the sentence can be up to halved if he behaves in prison. A lot of smaller dealers simply get a caution or community service maybe.

Although the counties in the UK don't have as much control over certain laws as I hear seperate states do in the US, they can slightly change their policy for their area. Big cities like Manchester are by far the most lax.

18. AcousticPeace

AcousticPeace Member

no, but its been a close call.

19. rawgarlic

rawgarlic Member

no but got pulled over when i was on my motor bike they seached me and my friend. we were just going to buy hash aswell ;)

20. trailerparkboy

trailerparkboy Heat Bag

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo