Evenings

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by Libbygrable87, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Libbygrable87

Libbygrable87 Members

After I take my meds I get the worst anxiety ever from the time I take my meds till I get sleepy. I take my meds around five something. Noises bug me to pieces like people making noises like burping, talking, sneezing, coughing and such. I feel like I cannot breath and fear. I have talked to my doctor about this but it has not been fixed. It gets bad then it gets better. He doesn't do anything to help just gives me the crisis line. The crisis line sucks. They only have brief counseling.

2. MusicTaste

MusicTaste Members

:( hope you get better

Libbygrable87 likes this.
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I am feeling the opposite lol. I wake up and that's when I am high anxiety. It's like I'm at my worst when I am most sober.

4. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

What type of meds are you taking? Are they quick-acting? I am wondering if the reason it feels the worst during that time is because the meds you took the previous day are wearing off, and the new ones are slow to take effect.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2019
    rollingalong and Libbygrable87 like this.
  5. I would see someone else if I were you. Doesn't sound like a very good doctor. Normally if you have complaints or side-effects they'll switch up medication, or give you some additional medication. No one's ever told me to just call a crisis line.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Me?

I'm on bipolar pills that treat the depression but not the mania, depression pills that seemingly enhance the mania and mood stabilizers which seem to spark creativity. I thought it was supposed to be be like slow release so that it doesn't wear out but there's significant difference between an hour after I take them and when I wake up completely sober.

For instance, when I wake up in the evening, that is where I find myself most in trouble with people and fighting and arguing etc. But after I take my pills I get a lot better. Before I was on the pills I was no different except I'd just smoke weed and instantly my mood and personality would change to mellow.

I don't really like the sober me tbh. I guess that's why it probably reads im a stoner and borderline alcoholic. Just too much going on in my head when I'm sober, too many voices, too many hostilities. But any kind of drug shifts those personalities completely to the side pretty quickly.

I could have steam pouring out my ears in anger and take a drink or blunt and I'll forget what I was even angry about and be like meh, I don't feel the same way anymore and in fact form a completely different opinion, fall asleep, wake up sober and declare how damn right I was the first time! :p

Libbygrable87, Meliai and YouFreeMe like this.
  7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

^i think a lot of people who smoke weed or drink a little or engage in any sort of light drug use likely do so to self medicate, even if they dont really realize it. thats something i've become aware of lately in myself. What the OP described feeling, anxious and easily irritated, that describes me in my natural state, i've been like that since I was a kid. I never really liked that about myself, and when I discovered weed as a teen it all changed anyways. its just amazing how weed can take that aspect of myself away, its really lovely

But daily cannabis use brings me down after a while, I have to take breaks..and when I can feel myself getting too high strung and ridiculous during a break I usually switch to having a drink or two at night or a cup of kratom tea or sometimes just a sleeping pill, just a little something to sort of tilt everything a few degrees to the correct position if that makes sense

Anyways i've never really wanted to take prescription meds for anxiety or whatever this is. but it has occurred to me lately i'm still medicating, just not with prescription meds

I typed all this and then didnt want to post it but I guess I will, I suppose its good to talk about such things

Libbygrable87 and Irminsul like this.
  8. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

That's interesting, Meliai. I think you're right.
    Definitely I find a smoke makes me see things in a better perspective.. If I've already said some silly things and then smoke, I instantly feel embarrassed about being dramatic.

As for evenings.. I definitely hate them when I've been in low periods. I can be quite positive in the morning.. By evening I feel apathetic and lonely and irritable.. My cure is going to bed early, even as early as 7:30.

But this has nothing to do with meds.. I think neon's advice about finding a different doctor is the best first step in your situation.

9. I hate that you all act like smoking is so easy. Like, I never come across it. I don't know where to get any drugs, in fact. So I'm ordering salvia divinorum leaves, which are legal, I guess, and I'm going to chew them. And then if I like it, I'm going to buy more. And I'm just going to be this guy who chews salvia leaves all the time. So what.

10. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I grow it. No funding of criminals here!

I've never known about chewing Salvia leaves. I smoked Salvia once and it did nothing.. Smoked Salvia EXTRACT and it was.. Completely different. Not for me. Or at least, it wasn't then. It made me feel crazy, like losing my mind crazy. But it wore off quickly. I might try again one day but at that point it felt like I was very firmly told "no".

11. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

LSA (in the form of Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds) are legal in UK.. Don't know about U.S.

They're an actual psychedelic trip

Also, like Mel mentioned.. Kratom. Maybe look into that.

12. Oh yeah. I forgot about morning glory seeds. I did those once. That's LSA, too. I don't know if it's the same thing with a different name. You can literally buy them all over the place, though. The time I did them was really great. 'Twas a magical day.

I wish I knew some drug dealers. I might buy a mushroom grow kit, even though it's not legal here, and I have no clue how to grow anything. I'm gonna order some kratom, too, that's a good idea.

13. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Wish I was able to just give you some weed. Damn.. Laws.. Countries.. Distance.. Time and space. The whole thing is mad.

14. Libbygrable87

Libbygrable87 Members

I would love to smoke weed as it is legal in the state of Oregon but I cannot with my meds. I cannot smoke weed where I live.

15. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

My older brother is schizophrenic and he always complains that he wants to smoke it but that it doesn't do anything for him now except give him a headache. I'm not sure. He hasn't tried for decades. I keep saying he should just try once more. I mean.. The headache will go. Not sure it'd be good for him though. Or what it's status is with the meds he is on. (no idea what meds)

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Smoking salvia was the worst. Never again

But what does chewing the leaves do to you, neon? I wonder if it is more akin to microdosing?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  17. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I respect Salvia, however generally speaking I wouldn't say I enjoy it. (Although one time whilst on MDMA, it was Extremely Ecstastic) I've experienced realms of consciousness on Salvia as mindbending and alien as DMT or any other powerful psychedelic, so I appreciate it from that psychonaut perspective.

I've made Salvia "pouches" with the extract to chew, similar to like a tea bag or those pouches they use for tobacco, with some success. The experience was significantly different than smoking it, slower and longer lasting, more akin to a light dose of Special K, with a bit more organic and subdued nature. It requires a lot higher dosage than smoking, so I didn't explore too much with that method.

If one is looking for a legal psychedelic experience akin to LSD or Magic Mushrooms, I'd recommend San Pedro or HBWR like Driftrue mentioned.
    San Pedro, which contains mescaline is as wonderful as LSD and Shrooms imo. The disadvantage of SP relative to HBWR seeds and other psychedelics is that it requires a significant amount of preparation ( chopping, boiling, possibly extracting, cacti material) and supposedly the Mescaline and Psychoactive alkaloid content varies considerably amongst specimens. So if you're just looking for some recreational kicks, it probably won't be too appealing.

HBWR is pretty good, I haven't found it quite as in depth as the others but it's a legitimate experience. The noticeable downside to me, which I think really prevents it from being more popular is it elicits a considerable amount of vasoconstriction.

18. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Is it Effexor (venlafaxine)? I was briefly on that and it was the worst hell I've ever been through. I was in such bad mental state though that it took me a few weeks to realize it was the medication making me worse. The day I stopped taking it I began to gradually feel better.

19. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I did this with Peruvian Torch cactus.. But no chopping and boiling etc.. I'd bought it dried and just swallowed it in tiny pieces. Took ages and was pretty disgusting though.

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I took a sleeping supp in the afternoon and now I have woken with an abundance of energy. Time to welcome the stars with wine and guitars, full of fire and forgetful. :D