Even some cops want to legalize

Discussion in 'Cannabis Legal and Security Issues' started by Fawkes, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

I was passing through South Carolina on Sunday on my way back to Tennessee and I stopped at a little sandwich shop for lunch. While I was munching my sammich a couple of pork chops sat down behind me. I overheard them talking and one of them was saying that he thinks weed should be legalized. He agrees with us that it's really not that big a deal, and that his time would be better served chasing murders, rapists, robbers etc. And he said that his partner a while back got blasted during a drug raid. The partner was wearing a vest, but he caught a bullet in the neck which killed him. Sad about the cop dieing (I don't like cops, but that is still someone's daddy or husband.), but I thought it was awesome this cop sitting in a cafe wearing his uniform chatting about how weed should be legalized for all to hear. I turned and told him that I think it is immoral for the DEA to lock up drug users when they have to let violent criminals that were locked up for the theft, assault, battery, rape, molestation, and other crimes against humanity go free. He agreed with me.

I just thought that was a funny little story.

2. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

sweet. my day is brighter from this interchange. i'm sure many cops feel similarly; accolades to that guy for being open about it

3. PurpByThePound

PurpByThePound purpetrator

I'm sure there are many cops that actually smoke weed too...

It's just that there is so much the government can gain from keeping it illegal (segregation, fear, locking up certain people with certain ideas who just happen to smoke marijuana as well)

4. M4N14C42O

M4N14C42O Cannabis Connoisseur

^people from all walks of life smoke weed, plain and simple. some people are just more open about it then others.

5. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

I have personally smoked with a cop. He was a very close friend of the family. It sounds cool, but I ended up calling him a hypocrite because he arrests people for pot and then smokes it himself.

Anyway, I'm sure most cops know the truth about pot. Whether they would admit it or not is questionabl. Alot of cops are the "its wrong because its illegal" type, not the "its illegal because its wrong."

Anyway, its cool that that cop is realistic.

6. sunyatasamsara

sunyatasamsara Member

my friend smoked around me a couple of weeks ago and was trying to peer pressure me to smoke and he goes into the police academy in a couple weeks.

7. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

No doubt. Like Tosh said. Judges smoke it. Doctors smoke it. Legalize it.

8. Severely stoned

Severely stoned Senior Member

It's just common sense, weed doesn't kill people, people who kill people kill people COME ON FEDS WISE THE FUCK UP.

9. PurpByThePound

PurpByThePound purpetrator

let's outlaw people...this seems very reasonable. about as reasonable as outlawing cannabis

10. liquidlight

liquidlight Senior Member

11. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

lSince I'm from SC, I am seriously doubting pork chops were being honest with you. I'm thinking that they saw your out-of-state tags and would have loved to bust you. Not that they have the least problem busting us in-staters. They just seem to get a bigger thrill out of socking it to out-of-staters.

12. Captain Chronic

Captain Chronic Member

I doubt the cop made up a story about his friend being cap'd in the neck just to fuck with a few out-of-staters.

13. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

I was just sitting there eating my sammie. The cop was not talking to me, and he was not talking particularly loud. He was talking to his partner (or whatever the other guy with him was. The other guy was not in uniform.) I just happened to be sitting right behind him so that I could hear what he was saying, because I was alone and had nothing else to focus my attention. I got the idea that they had recently made a drug bust that the cop thought was bullshit. Or maybe he was scared going in and they got jack shit out of the raid. I dunno.

Lynnbrown, I know that there are a lot of corrupt cops out there. But these cops weren't trying to get anything out of me, they weren't trying to deceive me. They were just havin a chat amongst themselves when I interjected. Of course I had not smoked weed in weeks so I don't mind talking to cops. These cops were cool. This was in West Cola along I-26. Where abouts do you live? You said something about the cops seeing my out of state plates. Not a chance. I notice pigmobiles, and there were none when I pulled into the parking lot. These guys came in about 10 minutes later, so they would have had no idea that I was rolling the acura with out of state plates. And cops in uniform just don't talk about that shit in the hopes that they will get an arrest. Because he was in uniform and the stuff he was talking about, I think this cop was being sincere, he was just talking to his buddy. I think he really thinks "Why am I fucking around with this little shit when I need to be chasing drunk drivers, rapists, robbers or murders" I didn't ask, but I seriously got the impression that in the past day or two this cop had to use excessive force, or he was involved in a drug raid against a MJ smuggler or something and he thought it was bullshit.

14. Godzilla123

Godzilla123 Member

all in all, I think the cops are all pussies. They are sh!t scared of getting shot chasing murderers, rapists and terrorists. Busting weed is much safer.

15. medicalbud

medicalbud Member

Walking out of a MMP club I walked out as a cop was just walking by. At the block light he said he rather it be legal so they don't have to waste the time when worse things are happening

16. Meifeng488

Meifeng488 Member

I am a police explorer.
    I've smoke weed since last year and have ever since....well except for now because of a blood test every month for 6 months but that another story.
    So far I haven't found a single reason for its criminalization....eh oh well

17. medicalbud

medicalbud Member

Most SF cops are cool about weed. I been here from NYC since 90 most dont bug you as long as you respect them. Alot of person here just walk and smoke since the 60s.