Even “Barefoot Groups” Can Be Intolerant

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Deleted member 322887, Jun 1, 2022.

1. I check out other social media groups from time-to-time.

Was on one where a 17 year old guy posted he likes to go barefoot in big box stores like Target. He also wrote that he and his younger sister sometimes like to go into Target barefoot, just to walk around and perhaps not buy a thing.

I see no problem with this, yet the attack dogs came out trying to shame the kid for going into stores barefoot for no other reason than to walk around and feel the floors on their feet.

Odd responses from a group devoted to going barefoot.

2. Barefoot Land-Surfer

Barefoot Land-Surfer Members

I see no problem with just walking around barefoot at Target, either. Even shod people window-shop and don't buy anything sometimes.

It is sad and unfortunate to see a few bad apples shaming other barefooters over the activities that they enjoy. All the more reason to support that kid

Barefoot Rick and hippyphile like this.
  3. xkr404

xkr404 Member

That’s crap they got flamed for that on a barefoot forum! Did you tell him about hipforums?

Shopping barefoot makes it more fun. Shops and malls are one of my favourite places to be barefoot!

4. Barefoot Rick

Barefoot Rick I love my dirty bare feet

I always shop at places like Walmart, target, even Costco, and low’s barefoot . You know that the barefoot group is not completely devoted for going barefoot.

Barefoot Land-Surfer likes this.
  5. bfrank

bfrank Member

What group was that, if you don't mind saying?

6. Barefoot Rick

That their some barefoot groups that say they believe in total barefoot but they really are not they will say if you wear toes rings you’re not barefoot . Or they really don’t want to go to new places and see if it is barefoot friendly. This forum they all believe that being barefoot is having nothing on the Soulsof your bare feet and wearing toe rings is still being barefoot.

Nudegardner likes this.
  7. Wasn’t sure if I could post info regarding other groups. But I will give it a go. It was on a barefoot sub on reddit.

8. Barefoot Rick

The group is well known the Society for barefoot living . They do not Allow the members post pictures . And some members think they know everything about going barefoot . That’s why I post all my adventures and post some other barefoot stuff on my blog.

9. Barefoot Rick

I really enjoy this forum and I think it’s the best for talking about going barefoot and the members are the best

10. I belonged to SBL for a while. But their weird email group (circa 1994) is frustrating to deal with. Then there are the “attack dogs” who pile on people with innocent questions.

I left after being told I don’t qualify as a real barefoot person because I mentioned there are times when I feel shoes are a better choice for me on rare occasions.

Nudegardner and Barefoot Rick like this.
  11. Barefoot Rick

I was told that I’m not a real barefooter because I wear two toe rings.

Nudegardner likes this.
  12. riverman18

riverman18 solid gold brass

That's insane. I guess I'm not a real barefooter either because I sometimes get my toes painted.

Nudegardner and Barefoot Rick like this.
  13. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

So did I. For some reason I stopped getting those daily emails from them, something to do with the yahoo account. Never did I realize there would be so many different conversation about bare feet, some quite opinionated in fact. Don't really miss it as my Email box is full enough.

Barefoot Rick likes this.
  14. Barefoot Rick

River man 18 you and I are barefooter just like everyone on this forum. That other so called barefoot site in my opinion is not what they say they are.

15. Barefoot Rick

Barefoot boy I don’t miss the email from they and the opinionated people on that site some of them really think they are the ones that know everything about going barefoot and what going barefoot means . And like I said before this is the best forum for barefooter by barefooters .

Todd56 likes this.
  16. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

Some felt that it was THEIR correct way to enjoy bare feet. Bare feet are awesome, enjoy it the way it makes YOU happy.

Barefoot Larry and Barefoot Rick like this.
  17. Barefoot Rick

Barefoot boy you are right enjoy the way you go barefoot that’s the only way .

Barefoot-boy likes this.
  18. There was one guy on SBL who contacted me and wanted to have phone conversations about going barefoot.

That’s interesting, perhaps for a few minutes. But I can’t envision a series of phone calls about going barefoot.

Nudegardner likes this.
  19. Probably the best part of SBL is that they don’t allow pics. I have absolutely zero interest in pictures of bare feet. Mine or anybody else’s. I know many others enjoy such things, but it’s not my cup of tea at all.

When I see other shoeless people in public I am not attracted to their feet. I am interested in them as being carefree enough, at least at the minute, to go barefoot.

I like seeing barefoot people and not feet if that makes any sort of sense.

Nudegardner likes this.
  20. Barefoot Rick

I love to see people going barefoot it make me feel great that I’m not the only one going barefoot in public. And I think it’s great that more people are going barefoot. I just wish that people would not judge us the ones that go barefoot that we are homeless or poor . It’s a great lifestyle that I love and always will love.

Barefoot Land-Surfer likes this.