Eugene Dreads, where to go??

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by HesinRaca, Apr 16, 2007.

1. HesinRaca

HesinRaca Member

I've been interested in getting dreads for a while now, but I have run into one after another of issues. The primary being that either I find someone to do them but it costs an arm, or the person is flakey. I am looking to get them done at a salon or similiar place, as I am not interested in the neglect method;-) If anyone knows of salons or locations that do Dreads, please let me know, thanks!!

2. lunatic_on_the_grass

lunatic_on_the_grass Member

dont go to a salon, they will just put wax on. DONT USE WAX, its gross. and make the water stay in your hair= mold. just backcomb your hair if you want it done faster than neglect. or, rub a wool hat on your head, it didnt work to well for me, but it might for you

3. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

i will be getting dreads soon at the same place my brother got his done. your probably not in alaska but i’m getting them done and a black hair salon. (black people doing your hair) and my brothers look amazing. they made them ultra thin and as the weeks went on, they got thicker and just look awesome. and they didn’t use wax. so if you could find a salon like that or find a friend with dreads and find out were they got theirs that would help. best of luck to ya. peace and love,

adrien

4. tomray666

tomray666 Member

All depends where you are from! Maybe go into a salon and ask or i think your best bet is to ask someone in your area if they got theirs done somewhere. If in UK, then there are many places in Manchester (Where i got mine done) but quite expensive!

5. sped

sped Member

Thats not necessarily true. Theres a salon in my area that is dead against wax. They dont back comb either. They do this weaving thing which is really cool because the dreads dont really get looser. But I was too poor =(

Oh and I names one of my dreadlocks Eugene!

6. Silver Shadow

Silver Shadow Member

hey, when it gets really fat.... you can call him 'euge' (huge) for short LOL

7. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

salon dreads willl most likely be a massive mistake & a very expensive 1
    how can u possibly say your not interested in the neglect method when thats thge only real method..backcombing can give u the apearence of dreads faster, but only months of neglect after any methoid will really result in dreads.
    there is no other method but neglect
    backcombing is only an attempt to control the results neglect will provide

paying a salon to basicaly do nothing but section your hair & start a process that a few weeks of free neglect will start for u is insane

dont throw away your $ if your that rich & want dreads so bad..send me all your $ ..i'll send u oput into the woods a few weeks & when u come back youll have your dreads....ands a memmory far more amazing then a few houtrs sitting in a chair with some1 pulling your hair..lol

hahaha salon dreads.lol theres nooooooooooooo such thing
    all dreads are the result of time..patience..&..neglect
    (neglect has a negative connotation..but its not..i dont like the term so much i preffer natural)

8. HesinRaca

HesinRaca Member

Hah, thanks for the replies. I am in Eugene, hence the title to the post. Eugene Oregon. Anybody?

9. Munky420

Munky420 Member

Soaringeagle, what exactly do i do with the neglect method, I know I'm not supposed to do anything at all but what about when i sleep? and how will they separate into individual dreads? how do i wash it? my hair is shoulder length when wet and jaw length when dry, does that make a difference? sorry for bombarding you with all these questions bro!

Thanks! :)

Peace!!