eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.

Discussion in 'Movies' started by boynamedsue, Jan 28, 2005.

1. boynamedsue

boynamedsue Member

its amazing. its newer, and filmed in kind of a confusing way, but being the hopeless romantic i am i loved it. ....just had to share that.

2. JayJ

JayJ Member

I liked it....not my thing I guess

3. Kandahar

Kandahar Banned

Eternal Sunshine is currently my favorite movie. :)

4. Kopo

Kopo Member

Holy Crap

Best current movie ever

currant as in nearly everything from the past 3 or so years

It's amazing i love it so much

infact
    I think I'll watch it right now

5. Moro

Moro Member

i really liked it. I really identified with Clem in her speech about being 'fucked up' because I can see myself doing what she did - throwing away love because... well, just because. It scared me, because I'm engaged and theres no way I'd want to throw my love for Tim away.
    Also I like it at the end when they said they'd meet on the beech - it showed that true love can work through anything.
    ~Moro

6. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

oh great well the ending is totally ruined for me! thanks moro!

anyway i cant wait to see the movie....i have eben wanting to for months... im going home next week to visit and mum is going to rent it for me aswell as before sunset...yeah too soppy love thinking life movies...

7. redresonant

redresonant Member

i think that movie was wonderful.

8. JayJ

JayJ Member

I'm starting to think that I need to watch it. Maybe it was the fact that I saw a pirated version of it, that I never got the full effect....(Don't blame me! It never came to HK if I remember right...only way to watch it haha)

9. boynamedsue

boynamedsue Member

haha watch it still. before sunset is great too.

ooooh, yeah . it you liked eternal sunshine try wicker park . i found it equally amazing. cheers:)

clockwork orange!:p classic.

10. JayJ

JayJ Member

Wicker Park was alright too...though I think the original french movie "L'Apartment" that it's based on had the atmosphere more tense and mystifying...though that was more confusing :S

11. boynamedsue

boynamedsue Member

oooh, thanks jayj , i never knew it was based on something. i'll have to hunt it down. cheers.:)

12. Moro

Moro Member

Omg, I'm so sorry! but, its not really ruined for you because thats the beginning... you'll understand when you watch it.
    ~Moro

13. JayJ

JayJ Member

You're welcome :) Honestly, I think you'll enjoy it more if you like to think about what's happening especially. Wicker park wasn't as confusing as L'Apartment lol :p

14. the Hatter

the Hatter Member

I love Eternal Sunshine... my boyfriend called the ending by the beginning of the movie though. Oh well. He also thinks I'm a lot like Clementine... i don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing though.

15. Disconformitized

Disconformitized Member

Awesome movie. I saw it as soon as it came out in theaters, and then twice more once the dvd was out.

It seems like such a creative Idea for a movie, Like mindblowing creative. I saw kirsten dunst on a talk show before it premied and she was saying how all of the "special" effects were just neat camera work. Like when jim carrey is walking around inside his head and you can't see the people's faces in the back ground... That's just a semi transparent white sheet being held right behind him.

I noticed a lot of stop action sort of work too... with like the book shelves dissapearing as jim was trying to save clementine from being erased.

So everyone go rent this movie, if not buy it.

16. littlegreenapples

littlegreenapples Member

Ahhh! Well, despite the fact it makes me cry everytime i watch it, it is completely "awwww"ing, i wish every day could be passed like there time lieing on the ice or playing with pillows, but i guess eventually it can be acheived eh! Anyways grand and powerful movie, didnt just go over the same ol' jazz like everything else, plus Alexander Pope is an awsome poet!

17. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

My ex-boyfriend saw it while we were dating and hounded on me to see it for that entire 5 months. I finally watched it when it came out on DVD after he had left for college and I understood why he was so obsessed with it. I was amazed. I've never really been a big fan of Jim Carrey's serious roles, but he was...amazing. And it brought about such a great message. So many people take their memories for granted. I know it certainly made me look upon the heartache of the happy memories in a totally new light. I'd much rather be in pain for awhile over great memories that will end up causing me to smile later in life than to lose those memories forever.

The soundtrack is also amazing. "Mr. Blue Sky" by ELO has become my all-time favorite song. I loved Eternal Sunshine so much I bought the movie. That says a lot, because I usually can't stand to watch a movie more than once. I've seen it 4 times since October.