esty shops?

Discussion in 'Show it, Sell it, Swap it' started by colorfulhippie, May 26, 2007.

1. colorfulhippie

colorfulhippie Member

those of you who have one, do you like it? do you need to do alot of self promoting? do you make alot of sales?

i just looked into it a bit, and the fees seem reasonable enough, i just don't want to put a bunch of time and energy into it if it's going to sit there and collect dust.

2. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

i would be interested in a little etsy info too from anyone who does it :)

3. Caelynn

Caelynn Yellow Butterfly

yes you do need to do a lot of self promoting, but just being active in the forums helps with that. the fees are extremely reasonable, and according to most everything i've read it is 100% better than ebay for selling hand made goods :)

if you do make a shop i'd be willing to help out with graphics such as a fun banner if you need help :)

good luck :)

4. Starr

Starr Member

Thanks for posting Caelynn...I too am interested in opening up an etsy shop, but Im waiting until after the first of the month in order to try and have enough items made. Ive been sitting on the fence with this decision for a while now, but I feel like Im finally ready. Good luck to everyone on their sales!

5. arlia

arlia Members

etsy is worth it seriously.
    it takes a little patience adn takes a while to get sales sometimes.
    although I have seen many people new to etsy doing very well very early.
    Self promoting is important, I think etsy is a great community.
    It gives you the chance to have your own shop online for very cheap, and also puts you into practice for when you are ready to pove on to creating your own website.

6. colorfulhippie

colorfulhippie Member

7. knitin.chick

knitin.chick Members

Congrats on opening up your etsy shop! I've added you to my favorites :D
    I adore the little mama dress you have listed!

8. colorfulhippie

colorfulhippie Member

thanks for hearting my guys.

I totally don't have much available right now, so I thought I'd just stock as fast as I can knit things between knitting for my own family. I'm just taking it slow. I'm saving for a road trip in a year and thought this would be a good way to go about it. It's just so cheap to go through Etsy, I had no idea before a couple days ago.

9. arlia

arlia Members

I added you to my favourites.
    Many sales to you.
    I am looking forward to seing more from you

10. colorfulhippie

colorfulhippie Member

thanks. i'm working my tail off. well, as much as i can while parenting three princesses lol