erghhhhhh people who don't have a mutual conversation

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by lynsey, Jan 2, 2005.

1. lynsey

lynsey Banned

and constantly talk about themselves without asking you any questions about your life your day ect are annoying as fuck. why are some poeple so damn self absorbed?

2. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

haha, leave them to it, I find it funny listening to people like that.

3. Dustinthewind

Dustinthewind woopdee fucking doo

My bestfriend is like that at times, i just wait patiently until she gets done to say anything.

4. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

lol...my sister and i had this same conversation yesterday...its just that they havent learned that the world doesnt revolve around them anymore...give'em your energy and try to coax them into other activities, like watching a movie, or volunteering or going for a ride...talk about the other things that are around you and slowly they will come out of themselves....i dont think that all those people realize they are doing it. if they did, i think they would be sad, cause i am sure other people that do that, piss them off.....so if you want, freaking call them on it...if they care, you will be able to tell...if not make the choice to stop listening....after all you are not forced to:)

5. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i usually just end up walking away when that happens...i slowy walk backwards, and then i turn and run my ass off...

6. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

yes i know people like that its annoying. i try to be considerate when i talk with someone and ask them questions, you know try to figure them out.its dull just talking about yourself.

7. lover/young_peace

lover/young_peace Senior Member

I like to talk.

8. hiro

hiro pursue it

I know several people who only talk about themselves and somehow I am become more patient because of them. My mom talks about herself alot and I had a few friends last semester like that... who I ended up not being friends with. Anyway with my mom I let her talk and then it is over.

9. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

so, lemme get this right...you're pissed because people are telling you about their life instead of asking you loads of questions about your own and thus allowing you to talk about yourself? maybe they just expect you to chime in.

me, this is why i avoid talking to people in general. why do i wanna spend all my time asking about someone else's life? especially since, to be perfectly honest, i'm totally uninterested.

10. lynsey

lynsey Banned

great advice-thanks:)

11. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Hi, how am I doing today?

12. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Hurry up, Lynsey, tell me about your day.

13. lynsey

lynsey Banned

ohh I love that pic Marc it's so cute:)

14. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

I want to talk. I don't want to answer a whole lot of personal questions but I don't want to listen to 5 hours worth of your celebrity either. I love to talk but it seems like no one wants to listen unless it's something I don't want to tell you. (I say this because their are people like this where I live that can talk for days but you never get in more than,"Excuse me or ok." ;)

15. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

are you talking about me?

16. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

actually iwanted to start a threat about an issue related to this. My cousin is the most self-centered person I know...it's amazing how selfish he is, yet he claims to be so generous and understanding (I havent seen that at all).
    I'm very annoyed by his attitude, and I try to avoid talking to him as much as possible, because I feel that I've been really patient all this time and he doesnt get the hint yet.
    he just cares about himself, he never asks me how I am, what i've done...etc it's all me me me me me me me me me me....he thinks he's hot stuff.
    he's not a bad guy but it gets so annoying sometimes. I really started to dislike him quite a lot recently.

17. Juggalo4ever

Juggalo4ever KingoftheChubbyGirls

Didn't interval tell everyone to stop making threads about her?

18. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

what's a non-mutaul conversation?

19. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i dunno, i guess people who are always talking about themselves are easier for me to deal with. i don't have to put forth the effort to ask, sometimes they're interesting, and if i wanna talk about myself, i just butt in. it's kinda nice. get over yourselves.