envy vs jealousy

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by mariecstasy, Jun 1, 2004.

1. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

do you suffer from either of these emotions?
    if so.........do you ten to be more envious or jealous?
    or are you just happy for people and feel no feelings such as these?

2. -GOD-

-GOD- Banned

I condemn these emotions, they are sins.

I am very slow of anger.

But when I am pisseth, I can send lightning to your ass.

3. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

i think that your choice of words is interesting, that those emotions that are normal and naturally occuring are so often equated with suffering. i think that it's one's attitude towards emotions that is the cause of suffering, not the emotions themselves.

in regards to envy of other people's material possessions and wealth, i have to say that most of the time i am not really bothered by it. i may feel a fleeting envy, on occaision, but to be honest in so many ways i have made do without for so long - either by circunstance or by choice - that making the decision to let go and move on has become easier and comfortable for me.

as far as jealousy is concerned...well, when my cute curly-headed might-have-been sweetheart emails me from his little tropical island paradise and tells me he's found some skinny childless beach bunny to happily screw, i'll admit that i'll probably be jealous as all hell, and yeah, i'll probably suffer for it.

4. -GOD-

-GOD- Banned

Kitty, you have made your heavenly father proud of you.

I knew you had the potential when I made you.

5. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

lol....good explanation. this actually came to be a thought as i was chatting with a friend on the phone the other day and asked her if she was jealous about something. she said no not jealous.....just envious! got me to thinking about the difference.
    as far as where i sit on this question. i find that i am envious of people's abilities and talents, their characted strengths, their intellect. but material possesions......do nothing for me! jealousy doesnt normally knock on my door. i used to be a very jealous person until i started realizing that jealousy in a relationship drives people away. and jealousy was only really an issue w/ me w/ my mates.

6. -GOD-

-GOD- Banned

I am also proud of you my little Mary.

You will sit at my table and feast when I have that car run over you in a few months.

God loves you.

7. DoDaMan

DoDaMan Member

Once in a while, I can get a bit envious of people's certain accomplishments and talents. Even though at times I can be a bit envious, I do not let it get the best of me. As for jealously, I am never jealous of anyone or anything. Never have been and never will be. It is just not in my nature to be.............

~namaste~

8. -GOD-

-GOD- Banned

I am happy that you have the upper hand on your emotions, my son.

It may not always be easy because I gave you free choice.

I love you.

9. DoDaMan

DoDaMan Member

I am sure that you knew about my emotions already though.........

I LOVE YOU TOO

~namaste~

10. -GOD-

-GOD- Banned

You are wise for a a mortal.

Knoweth that one day, you will be playing a tennis game with Jesus.

P.S. Make sure you lose. He's got a lot of connections. You wouldn't want to pisseth him off.

11. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

envy has never really been a problem for me. too much stuff or too much attention freaks me out and makes me really uncomfortable. so seeing someone else with it make me think "better them than me."

as for jealousy, it's not really a big deal for me any more. not sure why. i think i spent up all that emotion trying to keep my boyfriend from doing the stupid shit my dad did, and it didn't work for me. i'm too easy-going. dave loves me more than anything, and some fleeting affair wouldn't bother me at this point. however, if the relationship proved to be something lasting, some bitch would have her head snatched bald and wake up on a transport plane to ecuador as a mail order bride.

12. -GOD-

-GOD- Banned

I know of all your problems Kacey.

You don't know it by thru divine intervention, I have sendeth to you the tools so that your heart may be pure.

13. butterfly

butterfly Member

I'm often envious. Very rarely of material possesions, but of how other people look, etc...
    Jealous....I don't think I've really suffered from jealousy, but I could possibly see it happening in the future.

14. -GOD-

-GOD- Banned

I don't see it so, it won't happen.

Btw - congradulation on the two kids you will have in 4 years.

15. butterfly

butterfly Member

Thanks god. I didn't think I'd be having kids so early, but if you say so. The father.....is he a nice guy?

16. -GOD-

-GOD- Banned

Very good looking actually.

You'll be surprised.

But, he's a mamma's boy and you'll have a little bit of trouble at first - he must learn to take his responsibilities - but we'll discuss it more on your prayer of November 24th 2009 when things are shaky between you guys.

ATTENTION: SPOILERS AHEAD...

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

I hope you also like surburban life, your car will give you a lot of headaches but it's my way to incite you to save fuel and care for this ol'Earth. You will also have one of your kids with a disability of learning but it will be temporary. Once you find out that he's actually a genius, he'll have less attention absences. You also wanna check one of you coats, there's a 10$ bill you forgot in there. With that money, buy a local church charity loto ticket. You won't win holy shit but you'll meet the guy who'll later introduce you to your hubby. Also, don't forget to pick up milk tonight and yes, you should be more patient at times but don't think too much of it.

17. butterfly

butterfly Member

God, you are good to me :cool:

18. butterfly

butterfly Member

Actually, y'know what? I think I am a very jealous person.

19. Spinner

Spinner Member

I suffer from both.
    -GOD- I need help!
    :(