Emotional intelligence?

Discussion in 'Mind Trips' started by Adamskiffle, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Would you say that you have good emotional intelligence? (of course their are tests for EI but the problem is anyone with half a brain could fudge their answers and cheat the test)......according to an online EQ test I did recently I have an emotional intelligence quotient of 113, which is pretty good though I just wonder whether it's an accurate since I sometimes have made some pretty ropy life decisions! lol.

What say you?

DrRainbow likes this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well, no. I get angry and I kick dents in things so basically I succomb to a 7 year old tantrum.

DrRainbow likes this.
  3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think that despite what we know about emotions & despite our emotional intelligence/spirituality/emotional growth or what have you, we allow ourselves to be human. We speed on the freeway & cut some guy off. I think that's what I like about Christmas; people tend to rise above a little bit more. I see an effort to hold the door or let someone through in traffic.

I think that our societal growth (our growth as a society) is intertwined with emotional intelligence.

mine? I think it's ok. I behave pretty reasonably a lot of the time. The other percentage of time I'd like to think I'm just being human.

But at what expense (or whose) are we just being human?

DrRainbow likes this.
  4. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

I can't wait to take that test!

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i like to think i have the intelligence not to trust emotion. not to unrealistically deny that it exists, but damd sure not to trust it either.