Elkhorn

Discussion in 'Wisconsin' started by Winny, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Winny

Winny Member

Hi Everyone,
    I am wondering if anyone in the area would like to start an art group? It's really hard to meet people in my neck of the woods.
    Winny

2. GusGus

GusGus Member

I live in Sharon...I'm pretty sure that's kinda close to Elkhorn...what kind of art are you thinkin'?

3. Winny

Winny Member

Hi Gus,
    wow.. suprised I got any response to this.
    you know, I'm pretty open when it comes to art but here was my idea.
    To start a group and meet say twice a month? I think collage is a great medium to start getting to know people with. I was thinking if there were enough people we could go from house to house and pot luck it.
    I believe all mediums are worth a try and each person could decide what they wanted the group to do - when it's there turn to invite.
    what do you think? do you know anyone else who might be interested?
    If we were to get serious I would try and advertise again.
    put flyers up ect..
    thoughts?
    Winny

4. GusGus

GusGus Member

Well I don't really know ANYONE. That's actually why I signed up here, to meet people who are...real, I guess.
    But it really depends on what kind of art you're thinking. Because I've never really tried my hand at it...the only kind of art I know I can do is in a written form. I'm new to just about everything.

5. Smokey_McPot_420

Smokey_McPot_420 Member

winny,

I live in whitewater. I take a lot of trips to elkhorn all the time. hit me up on here with a private message maybe we can chill sometime. what kind of art are you into? I do a lot of drawings and tattoo designs. I have worked at a tattoo shop for a while. that's my fav. form of art. my friend emilee works at diggers den right across from the old sherriffs dept. maybe sometime we could meet there and compare artwork.

6. madelion

madelion Member

Walworth County is so unknown, it was really psycho seeing all these people talking about meeting up sometime. im really into all forms of art (music and literature included) and have friends who have gotten tatoos at diggers den. i would be up for an art club in a second. btw, GusGus, i totally know what you mean about finding people who are "real". its especially hard in a high school.

7. Winny

Winny Member

Hi Madelion,
    I forgot I posted this. I just went to Diggers last week and got a tattoo. Sorry I dropped the ball Gus and Smokey.
    I live a couple of blocks from the tattoo parlor.
    I'm a bit older than you guys I think, but that hasn't mattered to me in terms of art and stuff.
    Leslie

8. ethereal tard

ethereal tard Member

so over a year since the last post in this thread... is this happening?

Some artistic collaboration would be fantastic!

-shane