Elfspice Extraction Tips

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by DarkAbyss, Jun 12, 2006.

1. DarkAbyss

DarkAbyss Member

Hi all
    SWIM has fallen in love with dimethyltryptamine over the last year. In fact this has become the only thing he does save cannabis. However all SWIM's experiences have been with traditional plant admixtures and after much reading and thought he's now ready to try some freebase.
    SWIM makes no claims to be a chemist but finds himself reasonably intelligent and able to follow instructions. The question is is there a tek that's generally preferred over others? Any ones that should be avoided? Any typical "first-timer" mistakes I need to look out for?
    Also for those with extensive experience with both routes is there really THAT much of a difference in intensity(aside from the jarring onset I'd imagine)? SWIM has had one mimosa mixture of 30g that took him to unfathomable worlds and multiple experiences smoking 5-MeO-DMT. I'm thinking these experiences should help him be slightly prepared, heh.
    Any other general advice is welcomed and appreciated.

2. polymer

polymer Senior Member

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but the common method employs naptha as the solvent, which can be had from a hardware store. muriatic acid is used to acidify, lye is used to basify, and the naptha used in defatting.

oh and patience...the process will take a week to a month, depending on how long you're willing to wait (there is a procedure that rushes everything into a day, but multiple extractions are done to get decent yields)

3. DarkAbyss

DarkAbyss Member

Yeah, I'm in no rush. Plan to take as long as I need for a good yield. My main question is really which one of the various teks would you reccomend? I've been told to stay away from QT's and been told Loki's tek is a good one. I figure sticking to one tek step-by-step would be better until I have more experience and can mix and match to find optimal results.

DMTWorld was my main source for this endeavour but it appears to be shut down so I'm kinda lost now. I know red devil lye is no longer sold(around here at least, checked 4 stores). What's another good brand?

4. polymer

polymer Senior Member

there was one by 'Don Juan' (I think that was his alias name), but i don't remember the link; the procedure is general, the amounts of solvent used not really important. The main aspect is to keep the pH around 3-4 in the acidic phase, and about 9 in the basic phase.

DMT is a fairly polar molecule, so it would behoove you to use a polar solvent for extraction, but as I mentioned, naptha is a good accessible solvent.

and Drano crystals are 100% sodium hydroxide.

5. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

6. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

The best one I've seen shows pictures and diagrams.