elevating buckets...

Discussion in 'Cannabis Outdoors' started by budblower10, Jun 29, 2006.

1. budblower10

budblower10 Member

my question is: my plants are looking good in their 5 gallon buckets. i was jus wandering, they are sitting directly on the ground, how important is it to put bricks or wood under them so that they can drain very well? i mean if they are sitting on the ground...will the ground stop water from draining out? i dont see how it would because its not like cement u know, its dirt so it should give some, and i know that elevating the buckets is a good idea, but is it a definte necessity? im gonna probably do it either way, its just the time variable...if its extremely necessary to prevent diseases or poor drainage, ill do it ASAP u know? but if its not ill do like one every few days jus when i go to check on them, i wont make a seperate trip just for that ... how do u guys set up ur bucket grows? thanks alot

2. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

Yes, good drainage is important.
    Especially when considering the heavy container will sink into the ground a bit during the growing season.
    I usually laid some small rocks in a circle and sat the containers on top of them.

3. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

Do you guys suffer with slugs? They seem to be the major problem in the U.K. Or should I say my major problem.

4. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

I only had a problem with slugs once, and that was in my veggie garden. I used Snarol and beer and that took care of that.

Btw, Snarol and beer make a great snack while watching the new hit tv show Upper Volta Idol. Last year it was won by Mugambe N'gall, who could play Yankee Doodle Dandy by banging on rocks with water buffalo bones.
    He won a sack of corn.

5. neongreen

neongreen Member

WTF?

6. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

Was it hosted by Simon Cowell?

7. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

sounds like my kind of competition...anyway, slugs are rare here...too many birds for slugs to thrive