Electric space heaters

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

They can be so nice.

2. Do they only heat space or also heat time?

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

they can be so expensive to operate.. however, I do like electric heat.

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I prefer natural heat, like from a fireplace, but sometimes I have to go with whatever will suffice. Space heaters are good for taking the chill off, and are especially nice to sit in front of when you're cold and want to warm up fast.

5. Lodog

Lodog ¿

I have one that works as a fan as well and if you turn the heat on afterwards it smells like burnt fucking hair.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

I used to have fireplaces, but thats a lot of work, dirty and drafty. I prefer electric heat over forced air. which is just as if not more drafty. Steam heat is nice too.

7. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Electric heat is nice the older we get and the harder it is to tend a fire. The fact I'm on oxygen makes an open flame a big No No.

8. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

We have these central heaters in every apartment, office, building operated by a central city government plant. They're so hot and good that you can walk around your place naked even if its -40c outside. Never had to buy a space heater.

9. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

The oil filled electric space heaters are the best. I remember one time my parents ran out of gas in the middle of the winter, so my dad bought 2 of them. They heated the first floor of their 100 year old farm house well enough that they didn't buy any more gas till summer when the price dropped.

10. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i use one of those fake fireplace ones

i dont turn on the flames...just the heater

[​IMG]

11. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

That was one of the benefits of living where I lived in China - central heating automatically turned on in every building over winter. It was literally -40c outside and you could totes walk round naked. :D

12. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

You must have lived in the north. Harbin?
    In the south they don't have them.

13. Sitka

Sitka viajera

Everything north of the Yangzi gets government heat. Everything south is fucked.

14. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

one day you will feel the heat of a live woman...nothing better...be warned...they are also very expensive to operate

i have a woodstove...take it from me...unless you have a thousand dollars to buy wood thats dry and already cut they are an incredible amount of work

15. Heaters really? Wow

I see a correlation between this and only 32 users online

16. Sitka

Sitka viajera

You think? Just have to stay two seasons ahead.

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I used an infrared heater to heat my house this winter. This house is older and it has gas heaters attached to the wall. We realized when we moved in the gas line running outside was crushed and we didn't really feel like fooling with it so we never had the gas turned on. The infrared heater is supposed to heat 1000 square feet and my house is like 1300. It heated it well except on nights it dropped below 32f which is pretty rare here. My electric bill was ridiculous though.

my mom has a woodstove. I love it but it's definitely a lot of work. My brother usually finds free wood on Craigslist for her but he has to do all the splitting.

18. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

19. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment

Wood stove...

20. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

You could move to my part of the world . You dont realy need much heat even in the winter . A few days ago it was in the 90s f , today its upper 70s f and windy , but in a few days it will get over 100 f