Election Day.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by ItzJessI3itch, May 8, 2007.

1. ItzJessI3itch

ItzJessI3itch Banned

So, we're broke today because of some damn election. What I want to know is what kind of election is in May that would cause the world to decide not to deposit money into an accout?

WTF is that all about?

2. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I don't know, but my husband is going to give me an earfull when he gets home if there was voting today and I didn't go out and exercise my rights.

Hehehe! Oh well!

There was a candidate that came to talk while I was out doing a little gardening a few weeks ago. He was trying to butter me up with the whole "oh I used to live in this area, and it's so nice to see a nice, young family here, blah, blah, blah". I was polite enough, but inside I was screaming "oh just leave the the hell alone, will you?!" ;)

3. ItzJessI3itch

ItzJessI3itch Banned

I could just be an Indiana thing or something, but I know it was big enough that there was a hold on my money until tomorrow because of it, and it sucks.

4. hippychickmommy

I do think there was voting here today. I can't believe they held your check, how silly is that!

5. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

voting?? that occurs only in april and november, I thought??

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

There is no voting, unless perhaps it's for something local, like the school board or something.

7. hippychickmommy

Yes, I believe it's an election dealing with local issues within the community in which you reside.

Come to think of it, I have seen quite a few campaign signs in the yards around here, just didn't realize the election was today.

8. ItzJessI3itch

ItzJessI3itch Banned

Unless it's some huge event they really should have held the check though, that's just ridiculous. It's pretty much just an electronic transfer, so I really don't know what the hold up is if they took the time to set the date to tomorrow. It said the deposit was on tomorrow, seems like if they could do all that if could have been today. =\

9. hippychickmommy

Anything to get out of giving you your money. ;)

10. ItzJessI3itch

ItzJessI3itch Banned

That's what I figured it was for, but I didn't think it was that big of an event.

11. Biggen

Biggen Banned

I believe primary elections were held around here today for local issues. Why that would affect someone's direct deposit, I have no idea.

Sorry about your luck darlin'

12. ItzJessI3itch

ItzJessI3itch Banned

I'm not sure, but that's the reason they gave us. Maybe because it was for unemployment, that would kinda make sense I guess. *shrugs*

13. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

our local elections are always in april....... but I live in kansas

14. ItzJessI3itch

ItzJessI3itch Banned

I figured it might have just been an Indiana thing. *shrugs* Well at least I know I'm not spending it if I don't have it. :)