Election '08.........?

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by mystik_lilac, Apr 7, 2007.

1. mystik_lilac

mystik_lilac Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

So...with a year of election campaign in front of us, whats everyones thoughts on the candidates? Who is the most gay friendly candidate?

2. Night_Owl49

Night_Owl49 Since 2006

3. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

marriage or civil unions...
    why do we have to have a piece of paper to prove we love each other? it's more of a binding contract to me really.
    but thats just my opinion :)

4. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

I agree, but at the same time can see how gay people want the same opportunity to be able to marry if they choose so. Not for me though.

5. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

oh yeah. gays should have the opportunity to marry, i'm not against that in anyway.

it's just not for me, but if it's right for some gay people, and the government won't let them do because they are the same sex, then thats just ridiculous.

what if a bi guy marries a chick? then is that not allowed just because he's bi? it's too stressing to even get into

6. mystik_lilac

mystik_lilac Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

For me it isnt so much about the contract between the couple. Its about other issues. Such as being able to share medical insurance. Making end of life decisions. Or when a gay couple separates; we have no legal rights. No protection on who gets what or if they have a child: child support and custody issues. Also tax deductions, and the list goes on and on. Its not necessarily about needing a piece of paper to prove our love...its about legal rights.

I mean of course...either way...we should be allowed the same chance to stand before our family and friends and legally marry. I just think we should be allowed the same benefits.

7. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

and theres no reason why you shouldn't get those benefits.

wait yes there is... religion... and political jerks.

8. Night_Owl49

Night_Owl49 Since 2006

It's the principle of the thing.

9. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

we already cleared that up