Ego death, spiritual awakening- real of fake?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by Psychopath, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Psychopath

Psychopath Members

No one can hurt you unless you let them?? Some serial killers pick their victims randomly, but they cant hurt you unless you let them Lmfao ... [ i think i understood what you meant though ] but i never expected a thing in return but I've learned my lesson. Hope you never experience what I speak of.

2. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I let people hurt me all the time, for much less than killing me. I don't have the ability to completely live what I believe, but I am aiming for it.
    There are people who can go to their death smiling, perhaps because they believe in God
    or in the immortal soul. Or just that they are at peace. They have total acceptance of the truth.

You can be abducted by a serial killer, and not let them hurt you, yes. But that's almost superhuman.

A more regular occurrence is that a loved one lets us down, lies to us, steals, whatever... we can choose to believe that it isn't about us, it's about them. Everything everyone does is ultimately about themselves. And we can choose not to hurt. I believe this, but like I said, it's not like I have the capability to live it yet. But this belief has changed my reactions to things from what they would have been when I was younger.

3. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

The Attraction for Drugs is Spiritual – Osho

Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev on being stoned and alert at the same time without intoxicants......

You can be stoned and alert at the same time

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Psychopath likes this.
  4. Psychopath

Psychopath Members

Yeah as far as religious beliefs go you are right it's there only to help people cope with death. It took me a lot of years to realize how people truly are. Just go to a store and say hi the first thing people start to do is try to basically interrogate you. Asking so what do you do for a living, you married, got kids ect. There's really no one left anymore that is truly pure. Getting off subject but you get the idea.

QUOTE="Driftrue, post: 8495622, member: 301669"]I let people hurt me all the time, for much less than killing me. I don't have the ability to completely live what I believe, but I am aiming for it.
    There are people who can go to their death smiling, perhaps because they believe in God
    or in the immortal soul. Or just that they are at peace. They have total acceptance of the truth.

You can be abducted by a serial killer, and not let them hurt you, yes. But that's almost superhuman.

A more regular occurrence is that a loved one lets us down, lies to us, steals, whatever... we can choose to believe that it isn't about us, it's about them. Everything everyone does is ultimately about themselves. And we can choose not to hurt. I believe this, but like I said, it's not like I have the capability to live it yet. But this belief has changed my reactions to things from what they would have been when I was younger.[/QUOT

5. Psychopath

Psychopath Members

Dmt would be cool to try.

6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

When you say helping others gets you nowhere...where were you intending to go?

Driftrue likes this.
  7. Psychopath

Psychopath Members

Intending to go?? Wtf Lmfao no common sense im guessing just Book Smart---> if you don't understand what that means, ok---> if all you do is help and give to others---> friends, family, coworker ect. They will use you until there is nothing left. I'm guessing you've had a great life so far, [family $ probably] but you never know when the shit could hit the fan. I can almost guarantee all those you have "helped" will NOT give two shits about you and definitely not help you one bit. The only person you should help in this life is yourself if not---> we'll you will find out the hard way one day. I hope you continue on the path you apparently are on, your perfect little happy life.:yum:

8. MeAgain

[​IMG]
    Here's the house I lived in in my early years. The smoke is coming from our pot belly coal stove which heated the place.

When you help someone the idea is not to get a reward for helping them, the idea is to help them because they need help. You should remain neutral.
    This is known as Karma Yoga (one of many types of Yoga such as Hatha Yoga, which relies on different physical forms.)
    Seeking personal results from your actions sets up a duality whereas you see yourself as separate from other beings. Remaining neutral as to the personal outcomes of your actions reinforces the concept that you and the other are one.
    If your actions aid another, you have aided yourself, no further reward is to be expected.

Tyrsonswood and Driftrue like this.
  9. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I never get why people have to use "Lmfao" etc in discussions. It's so unnecessary and comes off as rude.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  10. Psychopath

Psychopath Members

Never wanted a "award" as you put it, just did it out of the kindness of my heart and in doing so still got stabbed to many times to count. Wanna see the wounds on my back lol. Your not getting the Point and apparently until you experience this type of occurrence you will have no idea. Pretty sure that's not even the house you grew up in, I can find any picture online and change the pixels, name ect. and Google image search can no longer find it. I can make any photo mine, so I'm sure others can also.

11. Psychopath

Psychopath Members

Lmfao

12. My only real experience is with weed, which does make me a better person. It forces me to take an honest assessment of myself.

Psychopath likes this.
  13. Psychopath

Psychopath Members

Example, i understand how you think and its a good thing to help others. I tryed it again just yesterday, had been taking of a cute little puppy "pure bread Husky" that got loose from somewhere right after the 4th of July. Fed it and tryed looking for the owners with no luck but finally a wk. later the owner put up flyers. So I called the number and a lady answers sounded so happy, so told her where I lived ect. She came and got it acting aw so happy. Once she gets the dog in her black Suv she starts saying my 2018 20ft champion bass boat is a eye sore. Wtf, I just ignored her and said your welcomr, about 3 hours later the wanna be cops show up. Saying they had a complaint about my boat. Now i gotta fight this shit, just for "doing the right thing" So do you see what I'm getting at, doing what society thinks is correct doesn't help but causes more trouble.

14. What a bitch.

Psychopath likes this.
  15. MeAgain

That's the house, build on a strip mine. I played in coal dirt, ate government cheese, dry milk, and powdered eggs. Had no phone, no central heat, water went dry often, roof leaked, rats ran under the floor boards, cooked on a kerosene stove, and slept in one room with my parents two brothers and a sister...those were the days!!!
    Here's another picture I got off the net showing the inside:
    [​IMG]
    That's one of my aunts sitting under the old Majestic TV, our first. I remember my father bringing it home. The little guy in the stripped shirt is my cousin, he's dead now. The curly haired little girl is my sister. You can barely see me right behind her.
    Or maybe I made it all up.

But, since you don't think I'm an honest person, I see little reason to continue this discussion.
    BTW your is spelled you're in the context of your post. It's a contraction of you are.

16. Psychopath

Psychopath Members

Yeah and im the kid bent over in front, it seams like the only thing you could get me on was the spelling of words. Hmm, so I guess I was right about the book smart part and of course the common sense part also.

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it's better than using the black eyed peas i guess.

18. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

that didn't seem rude.
    just obvious : )

Psychopath likes this.
  19. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

i'm a bit lost here. is "lmfao" a band?

20. Psychopath

Psychopath Members

Off subject, but what strain do you prefer?