Edward Snowden nominated for Nobel Peace Prize by Swedish Professor

Discussion in 'People' started by Wolfman's Brother, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Wolfman's Brother

Wolfman's Brother Member

-Stefan Svallfors, sociology professor at Umeå University, nominated Edward Snowden for the Nobel Peace Prize

-Snowden will not be eligible for this year's prize, which will be awarded in December 2013 - but could be considered for 2014

-The NSA whistleblower would have a hard time accepting the award, as he has already unsuccessfully applied for asylum in Norway

:sunny: --A sociology professor in Sweden has recommended NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden for the Nobel Peace Prize.

-A nomination for Snowden would be symbolic because it shows 'that individuals can stand up for fundamental rights and freedoms.'

-'It would show its willingness to stand up in defense of civil liberties and human rights, even when such a defense [could] be viewed with disfavor by the world's dominant military power.'

-But it may be too late for Snowden to receive the award this year.
    Nominations for laureates must be postmarked no later than February 1 for consideration in the following December's prizes. However, Svallfors' nomination should be taken seriously by the committee for next year's prize.

-If Snowden is awarded the prize in 2014, he would be the youngest Nobel Peace Laureate in the history of the prize.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ated-Nobel-Peace-Prize-Swedish-Professor.html

2. odonII

odonII O

'Snowden will not be eligible for this year's prize'

'But it may be too late for Snowden to receive the award this year'

'The NSA whistleblower would have a hard time accepting the award' Why?

Who writes these articles?

3. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

If he did get the Nobell prize , I would think he could arange some thing . Maby some one from wiki leeks could go in his place .

4. Wolfman's Brother

Wolfman's Brother Member

an human

5. odonII

odonII O

A human.

You do not have to attend to be eligible.

There is obviously another story trying to creep out of this one. I just wish they were honest.

6. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

One thought that has come to me is that E. Snowden might still be working as a n.s.a. agent . I dont think Russia would have let him stay there so long with out getting some info from him . The stuff on his hard drives may be disinformation , virous , trojen horses , ect.

7. odonII

odonII O

Isn't he effectively in 'neutral waters'? We may have the perception Russia can grab people and put them in Gulags when ever they wish - but they probably can't.

8. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Yeah, he's in that weird no-man's land of international airports.

9. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

The last I heard was that he was in the air port in Russia . With out a pass port , more or less a guy with out a country . I am sure they could hold him if they wanted . One of my thoughts was that he might have bad info , sure the US gov. puts on a good show calling him a trator ect. while he is still a dedicated agent .

10. odonII

odonII O

Based on?

11. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

Maby I have watched too many spy movies . Its not really based on any thing , just a wild idea of mine . I did hear a guy say about the same thing on coast to coast the other night .

12. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

ok,, get the fuck outta here, snowden nominated for a peace prize??? traitor should be hung and shot!!!

couldve gotten a lot of ppl killed for that. america dont need you man

13. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

14. odonII

odonII O

15. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

16. odonII

odonII O

17. Bouga

Bouga Member

This was the case with the Chinese man who won the Nobel Prize. He had actually managed some amazing feats and deserved the job. Of course, he had been in jail for quite some time and his friends who celebrated for him also got to spend some time in jail for doing so. Sad truth.

18. dwight78

dwight78 Member

I think this is just sad

19. OddApple

OddApple Member

Hmmm...I'm curious, who specifically could he have gotten killed and I dare say "you mean someone who didn't deserve it?"

America actually does need the snowdens, it's the you's that America already has too much of one might think?

20. Sparkle Princess

Sparkle Princess Members

Oh very good. :D