Ecstasy as Psychedelic?

Discussion in 'MDMA - X' started by 2cesarewild, Jan 10, 2005.

1. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

I can't, for the life of me, ever imagine ecstasy inducing a 'psychedelic' experience.

2. Shaman420

Shaman420 Herbalist

hah! You've never gotten an MDA pill.

3. goldmund

goldmund Member

I believe it's considered a psychedelic amphetimine. Really, never as a psychedelic. No intense colors, enhanced soundscapes, loss of ego, increased empathy? Sounds like a psychedelic to me.
    Some have complained that unlike other psychedelics, mdma is a "forced positive" psychedelic.

4. eat_some_LSD

eat_some_LSD Senior Member

Ecstasy is definitely a psychedelic, moreso when introduced in higher doses, obviously; of course it's not going to lead to such stages of enlightenment that are attained with the higher-powered psychedelics such as LSD, however, MDxx-related chemicals still can offer valuable tools to those who are willing to perceive the experience from a spiritual viewpoint.

As far as the substance(s) forcing the user to positivity, I believe this is an issue that is more related to the community surrounding it's use and we will begin to see this change rapidly in the coming years.

5. x1x1x1

x1x1x1 Member

Well, when I tried Ecstasy for the first few times, I'd had no previous psychedelic experience, yet on E, I got visuals, I felt I could see music and I had other experiences which although made real sense to me, I would find them hard to describe in words. I was however, on each occasion, smoking cannabis with them so it may be that the E made the ganj trippier as ganj feels to me like a weak psychedelic.
    I have since had experience of HBW seed and shrooms and although these 2 are obviously much trippier, I would still say the pills were trippy, they could also have been MDA.

Impludo

6. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

ive taken pure both pure MDMA and MDA. MDMA would more likely be called a happy psychedelic. as if i were saying it will always make you happy. it doesnt. ive been with ppl empathetic, but no happy feelings. and they were on pure mdma. now MDA i would more likely classifie as a typical psychedelic. i have yet to take lsd or shrooms or something of the sort, but i have researched extensively, and i find that MDA serves as what all of the typical psychedelics (lsd,shrooms,ect.) do. With the feelings i had inside me, happy or sad, they were GREATLY enhanced, music smelled,smells felt, and feelings were placed into beautiful imagery. I was under a dose of MDA when my vision began to go into a frenzy. all the images were as if everything was being shaken at an enormous speed. i asked my friend about what my eyes looked like and he only said that they were rolled into my head and that it was impossible for me to see anything. MDMA is a great substance...not just great...AMAZING. i enjoy it alot. MDA is the same but different. same feelings enhanced, but it was up to you what feelings you'd feel. unlike MDMA were positive is what its suggesting. also mda gave me pretty sensational visuals. i enjoyed them both. but as for X being a psychedelic...i strongly feel that it is.

7. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I agree. I beleive that every time I've taken some good E, I've had a psychedelic experience. Vivid colors, way happy and empathetic, line trails, sensitive skin, all that good stuff.

8. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

I think what people are failing to understand, especially those who have not even tried lsd or anything of the sort, is that a small dose of acid is called a "psycholytic" experience. It's a very light experience, like a couple hits of blotter. Once in the range of 500 micrograms or higher, it's generally considered psychedelic. Now, for those who have really done lsd, or another powerful psychedelic, I can't see how people could consider the ecstasy experience like a 500 microgram lsd trip. Or maybe like 600 milligrams of mescaline, maybe 30 milligrams of 2c-e. Now that's what I would call psychedelic! As for visuals on E, never once have I gotten any type of flowing visual. I've had tracers, but shit, I get tracers when I do anything.

9. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I've done lots of acid and 2C-T7 and mescaline and I still consider E a psychedelic. Not as intense hallucinations, but I've definately had some. only when I tried pure MDMA though. I've never felt like that off some press.

10. eat_some_LSD

I've experienced LSD for myself, and no, you'll never find a roll pill that will come close to the Level V mindwarping of the sushi, though I've had a few (very few) pills containing larger amounts of MDA which gave me mid-range OEV's and prominent full-color spectral CEV's.

11. Personface

Personface Tennessee Jed

OH MY GOSH!!!!! Definitely can be considered a psychedelic!!!!! No if's, ands, or but's about it!

12. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

im not really comparing e to anything. i mean i understand the differences but i also make my own OPINION of the similarities. but no. i think in no way does it come close to the expereince of that of acid.

13. The Flow

The Flow Member

If you can´t agree to call E a psychedelic drug, you´ve never come to really high doses... (above 700mg of MDMA, that´s where the fun begins!)

14. jaxracer7

jaxracer7 Member

i've had high doses where i could see the music traveling and vibrating all around me, lights playing with me, semi-psychic experiences, flying to other dimensions, ect..., X is deffinitely a psychedelic!!

15. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

how can u find such a high dose? i mean in one dosage. The only thing i can think of is to take a bunch at the same time, but in my experience. after taking 1 then just about coming down from that one then taking an other one, then coming down from that, take an other one, the 3rd on really doesnt do much. i mean it basically just flats me out. puts me on my back, not wanting to do a damn thing because i couldnt care less about it. but then again, ive only taken about 6 pure mdma tabs in my life. how would one acheive this high dose of MDMA

16. eat_some_LSD

The main thing to keep in mind is the potency and contents of the pill; I'll never eat more than 1 when I first get the batch...then I'll wait a few days for my head to clear, and I'll ingest a dose that I'll gauge according to my experience with the first pill.

17. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

i understand that completely. im just wondering how i could take a higher dose of mdma. because the way it works ( if im not correct ) is with one or two doses it completely drops all that can be droped out of your brain at once. so with that being said, wouldnt takeing 4, 5, or 6 or the rediculous numbers ppl say theyve done at once, just do nothing after the intitial material is gone from your brain? and if it did infact do something, would the roll just hit EXTREAMELY hard and then fade off REALLY quick? i mean i couldnt possibly understand how by taking more mdma, which takes the seretonin (spelling?) out of your brain, could produce more effects after its all gone. I mean how can this be acheived? its like u cant keep drinking out of the glass once its empty.

18. eat_some_LSD

That's why you have to keep re-filling it. ;) So make sure you stay stocked up on your 5-HTP.

19. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

whats that, if u dont mind a probably stupid question haha

20. eat_some_LSD

5-HTP is the primary building-block used by the body to produce serontonin. You can find it at Wal*Mart or GNC.