Eating

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Autentique, May 28, 2007.

1. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

All my life, I've never eaten well. As a kid I would need to be practically forced to eat.. not forced but the usual you are not getting up from there until you finish all your food. I think the moment I started eating well was when I started smoking, I always get the craziest munchies and that was good because my blodd sugar tends to drop and skipping meals would make me get dizzy or even faint.
    Very recently I've not been eating well again, it's been maybe 2-3 weeks of barely eating and making myself eat. I think I've lost almost 10 pounds without intending too, is just that I really dont get hungry and when I eat something is because I know I have to, not really because I want to and eating just a little bit requires a lot of effort.
    I think in the whole weekend all I ate was 2 yogurts,a bagel, a croissant and lots of juice. I think maybe it is because I'm not smoking anymore, or very very very little... is just I think weed makes me get depressed and also there have been some very stressful situations. I actually like the way I look, I had a few extra pounds than what I usually weight, I've always been very skinny but whenever I touch my shoulders or my hips is just bones and I'm always feeling tired and also I think that not eating is making me feel depressed and always sleepy.. but whenever I try having something, not whenever but a lot of times I get nausous and everything is just yucky.
    I was wondering if anyone else has been thru something similar and what have you done?

2. mortes

mortes Senior Member

I've had that happen to me. I'll usually go for a few days and just really not want to eat anything, and if I do its because I know I should or that I'm supposed to. This usually goes away after a couple days though and I'm back to normal appreciation of food. I'm not sure what the cause is, but it occurs pretty naturally so I don't know.

3. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

try scheduling meals for yourself. eat a little even if you arent hungry. i got into the habit of this while working - id often start work at 1, leave at 12 or so and id make myself eat lunch around 11/11:30 even if i wasnt very hungry, because i knew id get hungry half an hour into my shif thten id be hungry, dizzy and nauseous from not eating earlier

4. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

have you talked to a doctor about this? it sounds pretty serious

5. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

This is an eating disorder. I have a friend who has something similar to this. Passing out and fainting is not healthy, nor is it good to eat once a week.

Speak with someone who can help you take back the kind of control you need to have over your eating habits.

6. Autentique

the fainting that hasnt been recently, the last time that happened was acouple of years ago and Im not eating once a week, just very very little.
    Maybe I should see a doctor because I really dont have an appetite, tho last night I had a decent dinner..

7. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

Yea, I've been like this my whole life. I just don't get hungry. I've also been really skinny always, so skinny in fact that people will actually yell at me "gain some weight", or "anorexic!" I will also sometimes eat, only because I know I have to.

I don't really know what to tell you, just try and be healthy about it. As much as you don't want to eat, make yourself. You said you do that anyways, so, just keep doing that. And I agree with shaina, you should probably see a doctor. Just to make sure your okay :)

8. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

You could possibly have thyroid problems.

9. Autentique

hmm yeah, a lot of people in my family have that, i didnt even associate it with that but makes sense.. i think i should see a doctor..

thanx everybody for your help :)

10. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

i've had periods like that, too. i think the criteria for anorexia is feeling the bones and still thinking you're fat and need to diet. i think it is physiological, though it may simply be a cyclical thing, too. if the doc finds nothing wrong, don't worry unless you continue to lose weight and feel like trash. i've usually snapped out of it after a couple weeks, though.

11. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

the crieteria for anorexia is seeing a fatter person in the mirror than really exists - to always think of yourself as distinctly heavier than you truly are... you could be 200lbs and still be anorexic, if you you look like youre 400lbs

12. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

I've had this issue for a long time myself. And I'm a big girl, not the least bit skinny. In my case, the (more often than not) lack of proper nutrition caused my metabolism to shut down immediately. My body would go into starvation/conservation mode, and as little as I ate I stayed the same weight and always felt like crap. It wasn't until I started forcing myself to eat something in the mornings (piece of toast, fruit, etc.) that my body became accustomed to "turning on" for the day and eventually I started to get those hunger cues, at least on occasion. :)

It still happens occasionally though. Eating just doesn't hold much appeal to me, unless I've been puffing (which for this and other medical reasons I don't plan on quitting anytime soon). Left to my own I could go days without eating, because I don't usually enjoy it and I put it off. Fortunately for me, I have a wonderful love who pays attention. I cook most of the meals around here, and he won't witness me skipping more than one meal. Totally refuses. He'll give me the total crook-eye if I say I'm not hungry, and an hour or two later he'll get up and make something for me, bring it to me and tell me to eat! :)