Eating non Organic from time to time?

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by FreshDacre, Jan 20, 2010.

1. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Sometimes, if people are offering me a free meal, or I buy something that looks really good that isn't organic like for example today I got a cheese cake with fruit on top. I feel a little guilty for eating food with pesticides at all, is it really gonnah make much difference eating these kind of non organics like once every month or two? Its really hard to be strictly organic, even though i try VERY hard. I always feel guilty when I am eating these things, is it really affecting me as much as my brain makes me believe?

2. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

You are looking at it wrong...

Think of all the crap you are avoiding even by only mostly eating organic. If it's once a month, at three meals a day, thats 89 out of 90 meals or so that you arent ingesting the crap.

3. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

I know, I am better off than most people who don't eat organic, I just really hate the idea of pesticides (chemicals meant to cause harm) getting in my body at all. Even with all the "organic" food I get, I heard the rumor from different places that some of those things aren't even organic. So I could be getting more chemicals than I even know.
    It seems like at this rate in my life it might be like 85 out of 90 or so. But yeah if I make it 89/90 or 89.9/90 then mabey I can live longer! The point of this thread is that any amount of nonorganic food is going to be not good. But I just don't know how not good.

4. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

If you are eating as much organic food as you say, then you are getting more posions into your body by breathing then you are from eating.

I wouldn't worry about it.

As for whether or not the things that you think are organic not being so... The only way to truly know for sure is if you are growing and raising your own food. So until that can happen, do the best you can and be happy about it.

If you stress yourself out about it, you will cause more damage to your body then eating McCrap...

5. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

True True, thanks. I just need to relax and do what I can. I plan growing my own food sometime, mabey I will start this year!

6. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

Why wait? Get a planter and plant a cherry tomato plant in it...

If you really want to get into it big time, look up Container Gardening.

7. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

I'm not even at my house right now, if I want to get into this I will start in spring, and plant a bunch of different foods, and treat it like a project so I can take care of the whole thing at once, and get all of the reward at once ;) I shall start in march!

8. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

well the reason I suggested starting off now with a cherry tomato plant is there is no motivation like being able to pick a fresh tomato and pop it in your mouth to encourage you to do more.

Years back, I had a huge front window in my living room, I built a planter that was the length of the window (12 feet) and a foot wide and deep. I planted two cherry tomatoe plants in it spaces equally along it with other stuff in between.

I had those two plants going for almost three years, they covered the whole window and at any point in time, there were always at least one fresh tomato on it... My daughter used to call them my tomato trees... lol

9. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Haha yeah cherry tomatoes are the shit. I don't even like regular tomatoes lol. My good friends mom would grow organic and they had soo many cherry tomatoes just a huge pile, it was like heaven I ate so many of those.

Neways thanks for helpin me out bro, tried to rep you but I forgot you don't accept it ;)

10. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

Actually, you can't stop people from repping you... you can only stop people from seeing it...

11. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Well it said that i have to wait to rep you again, I don't remember repping you either I think I was about to before but I thought it didn't work so I didn't. Now I did try, and it isn't working lol.

12. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

lol, no clue

but don't worry about it... I have it hidden because it doesn't really matter.

Instead of worrying about it, plant a cherry tomato... :)

13. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Because you want to be humble. Either that or you want people to think you are humble ;)

Yeah I don't like gardening but it serves the purpose that I am in it for!
    I did very much enjoy growing weed because I had a huge marijuana bush, and it was about the most beautiful plant I have ever seen.

14. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

lol, that goes without saying...

15. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

No, but people who haven't grown weed just don't even know how much more amazing it is when the plant is yours, and it is so big it has a tree trunk, and you get to come tend and take care of it every single day you know all of that effort was put into the art that it is. It is a very unique experience.
    Unfortunately cops found it but it was still amazing while it lasted.

16. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

Apply that same thought to growing food.

The best part is, the cops can't take your tomato plant, and you will get to enjoy the harvest.

17. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

I'll try, but I know nothing will be as amazing as that plant. When something is that beautiful you get inspired. The only thing that inspires me for this is the sake of my own health and money.

18. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

It was your first plant... sorta like your first real high... you never find anything to match it...

Beyond that, that feeling of satisfaction, is what happens when you actually DO something as opposed to just talking and thinking about it... which is why I am always pushing the idea of DOING things...

Nothing matches that feeling of... "I did this"...

19. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Yeah I have grown plants before, but it was so amazing partly because I did it yes, but I just loved being around it, it was like a tropical rainforest or some shit, I could put my head underneath it and the smell, the leaves nothing can compare. Come to think of it that was the biggest plant I have ever grown, but that is definately my favorite plant to be around period. (besides all the paranoia that came with it)

20. neone

neone Member

You crack me up fresh.. haha